I love going to book shops. I don’t like kindle very much. Especially for certain books of mine, I like to dog ear chapters or pages that I know will help me a lot. Anyways, I went through my book collection and I wanted to share some recommendations if you who want to get into burlesque, want to read on how to create vintage, besides, pinup looks, for beginners or even if you’re not a beginner, all these books have great writing, great tips and ideas, detailed instructions on how to create the different hair and makeup looks, get some Rock and Roll tips and stories, and more.
I have already reviewed Dita Von Teese’s,” Your Beauty Mark” in a huge article review on her book as well as a huge review on the book “Audrey Style” by Pamela Clarke Keogh. Please make sure to read the reviews I did on those two books and leave your likes and comments on it and follow my site if you haven’t already.
Thank you and here are some of my top favorite books that I recommend for you. Hope you enjoy them and even if you only check out one of the books and read it, you’ll love it and will help you on your vintage, pinup, and glamour journey.
1. “It’s All That Glitters, Portraits of Burlesque Performers in Their Homes.” You’ll love this book, it’s the most stunning and glam households book I own.
2. “The Burlesque Handbook” by Headmistress Jo Weldon. If you want to get into the gorgeous performing sisterhood, this is the book for you. It is the perfect book for beginners and it Jo teaches all her signature tricks and has some great anecdotes. This was the first book I bought when I want to start the art of Burlesque. Even if you have been performing burlesque, you might want to still check out this book for extra stunts, tips, tricks, and more from the stunning HeadMistress Jo Weldon.
3. “Vintage Beauty Parlor” This is a great book to help you achieve flawless hair and make up in iconic and vintage styles.
4. “Style Me Vintage” (Step by Step Retro Look Book) This is one of the best books for beginners in vintage and pinup.
5. For the Rock and Roll chicks who want some extra wicked tips if they want to be in the music scene, dress like they are, and a lot more, check out “Cherry Bomb.” It’s an awesome book.
HOPE YOU CHECK OUT THESE BOOKS AND ENJOY THEM. TAKE THE STORIES AND TIPS THAT YOU LIKE AND THAT ARE USEFUL, DISREGARD THE INFORMATION THAT DOESN’T NECESSARILY PERTAIN TO YOU, AND ENJOY THESE FABULOUS READS!!!!
XOXO CARLIE MICHELLE
Instead of doing my first Sunday Morning Coffee Chat, which I was planning on doing, I decided to share Aurelio Voltaire, who you should know by now on here. Not only is he an incredible singer, he also does a lot of DIY gothic and spooky home projects. Click his name here in his tag and you’ll see.
I wanted to post and share this song because the song is so beautiful. It is definitely in the rock and goth genre but the way he sings it reminds me a lot of the groups, The Cure, Echo and the Bunnymen, and other 80’s groups. It also reminds me of the Airbourne Toxic Project. This is one of my favorite songs by Voltaire and definitely listen to it and check out his YouTube channel.
Good morning you lovely people. My friend sent this picture to me a few days ago and I had to post it because this image is the perfect description of me and for Bombshell. Part of me and here is pinup, classic, and vintage, while the other part of me and this site can be cute, creepy, spooky, magical, and rock and roll.
Thought this would be the perfect way to start today.
P.S, Happy Birthday to David Bowie and more importantly, Happy Birthday to the greatest and most important woman in my life, my beautiful and amazing mommy.
I love being a Passion Pinup Cover Girl and would love you guys to join our army. It’s for promoting the magazine and brand. Sign up to get the sexy stickers, business cards and more goodies, Contact Passion Pinups to sign up to get your awesome free stuff.
I love doing supporting charities as much as I can. You all already know that I am a huge advocate for the LGBTQ movement. There is another organization and charity that I’m very passionate about and fully support which is the charity, “B STRONG.” It was created by Bethenny Frankel, which you all know I love, but that’s not the only reason why I support this charity.)
The B Strong program is a disaster relief initiative that provides real time emergency assistance to individuals and their families in crisis. Our mission is to to give people who are struck with tragedy hope by providing gift cards, emergency aid, food and shelter to disaster victims. The mission of this charity is to help others who are struck with tragedy by giving out gift cards, emergency aid, food and shelter to disaster victims.
You’ll see more details, including videos of their work on their site but here are just some of the past missions that B STRONG has accomplished:
· In 2017, supplied 55 donated planes with aid to the Caribbean after Hurricane Irma and Maria.
· Filled and sent 86 containers to their partner organizations Yonomequito & Third Wave Volunteers in Puerto Rico.
· 10 containers to the Virgin Islands, a small ship with aid for Dominica, St Maarten and other countries.
· In 2018 assisted the people of Guatemala with three relief missions after Volcano De Fuego erupted.
· Distributed aid to those affected in Guatemala, as well as, bstrong gift cards.
· Delivered cash cards in Hawaii to the volcano and earthquake victims at two shelters in Puna.
Bethenny and her charity work is also for survivors of domestic abuse and is very empowering for both women and men. Make sure if you are in an abusive situation, report it immediately. Even if you doubt yourself or don’t think you’re important enough, just remember that you are and that we all have to stick together with our strength to make a difference in the world and in all of our lives.
B STRONG is the perfect name for all this charity work. Make sure to check out B STRONG and see all the wonderful things it’s done for people. Also if you desire, make sure to send in a donation however small or large it is. Check this charity out at http://bethenny.com/bstrong/.
Good morning to all my friends and fellow art lovers. I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year’s Eve last night and that you made your resolutions. I definitely made my resolutions but one of my big ones is to be more positive in about the things that are going on in my life. I don’t want my positive thoughts and the good and happy things that are happening in my life be tainted by anxiety, panic, or worrying, which some of you know, I struggle with sometimes.
My worrying and anxiety has definitely gotten a lot better according to my family but every once in a while it still happens. I just know how to deal with it better which I’m grateful for and in this new year of 2019, there’s going to be a lot of positivity and good things going on which I’m very excited for.
What did everyone do for New Year’s last night? What are your plans for today? I enjoy hearing from all of you. If you feel like sharing any resolutions definitely do so below. Whatever you all do, I hope you have a wonderful start to 2019! Have an absolutely wonderful New Year!