I love all the beauty products and makeup items that I’ve talked about previously but these are my all-time favorites that I can’t be without.
1. Consult Beaute Caviar Cleanser- This is a fairly new product that Dr. Terry Dubrow (Botched) came out with. Consult Beaute has a lot of great products but the caviar cleanser is my favorite. It removes makeup and dirt while being gentle on skin. It does cost a little more than drug store brands but a little goes a long way so it lasts a long time and the results are fabulous. Order it at consultebeaute.com.
2. I always have my perfume to smell good and the only one I use is Estee Lauder’s Pleasures Original. I think I’ve been wearing it since it first came out and the scent is timeless. I’ve tried the other Pleasures scents which are nice but I always go back to the original. I can’t even tell you how many compliments I get from this lovely scent.
3. “They’re Real” mascara from Benefit is the best. I am proud of my long lashes and this mascara accentuates them beautifully. The brush separates the lashes so you don’t have the clumpy spider effect and you can layer as much as you need. This is pretty much the only mascara I use.
4. For eyeliner, I use cake liner. I like it the best because it lasts a long time and I can layer as much as I want to give my eyes different looks. It works better for me then liquid or pencil. All you need to do is wet the brush and dip it in the eyeliner and you get a perfect line every time. The brand I use is Laura Mercier which you can find at Macy’s or online. I use this liner whether I do a cat eye, or with smoky eye shadow and always get the effect I want.
5. I rarely ever wear fake lashes, (only if I’m on a shoot or performing.) I’d rather show off my real lashes and use a good eye lash curler to accentuate them. Whether I’m wearing a lot of eye makeup or not, I always make sure to curl my lashes to make them look their best. Right now I’m using an eye curler by M.A.C but Revlon and other brands make great curlers as well.
6. You always want to take your makeup off before you hit your sheets. Even if you’re absolutely exhausted, you can take five minutes to remove your face paint. Sleeping in you makeup can clog pores, cause break out outs and get possible eye infections, none of which are fun. I’ve used many different makeup removers but my favorite is Sephora’s triple actions cleansing water. You can use it on both your eyes and face. I love it because it takes of everything easily, even waterproof makeup and is very gentle on the delicate areas around your eyes.
7. M.A.C matte lipstick in “Honey Love,” is the only other lipstick I have to have, besides my “Russian Red.” It is a beautiful nude shade and looks fabulous with dark eye shadow or any other makeup look. I love these lipsticks so much, that I buy two at a time, again with my red color, in case I lose one or “leave it in an ashtray,” like in Lady Gaga’s “Boys, boys, boys.”
8. When I’m not in the mood to wear lipstick, I love a good gloss. My choice, is Burt’s Bees 100% natural lip shine in “Whisper.” I’m not a fan of colored glosses so this clear coat is perfect for me. It’s fabulous on it’s own or if you want, you can layer it over your lipstick. It’s definitely a must-have.
9. I remember when Bare Minerals first came out and seeing the commercials and I was instantly intrigued. I bought the powder foundation and mineral veil and was hooked. I love that you don’t have to use a lot to get the coverage you want. My wallet and I enjoy making my makeup products lasts. I just started using the fairly new Matte Bare Minerals foundation but I like the original foundation just as much. And of course the Mineral Veil is great at making your face look fabulously flawless and airbrushed. Another side note: You can use a little brush and the foundation to touch up as a concealer. This is the foundation I use on a daily basis.
10. When I need more coverage with my foundation, going for a night out on the town, or doing a performance, I prefer using Cake foundation that I apply with a brush. It stays better than liquid and isn’t streaky and covers more evenly. I love Benefit’s cake foundation in “Spin the Bottle.” I use their foundation brush as well to apply it but also use my fingers to touch up and smooth. If you do this, make sure your hand are clean obviously.