For any kind of hair looks, especially the pinup, vintage, and rock and roll looks I like to do, I feel there are certain hair tools and essentials that are definitely necessary to have in your repoirtare. These items I can definitely not live without but it you think of any extra goodies that you should have in your arsenal, please post them in the comment section. Enjoy!
1. BOBBY PINS- I don’t know what I would do if I didn’t have these pins. For pinup or rock styles, bobby pins are estential , I have them in both of the smaller and larger I use both but since my hair is so thick, the bigger ones I usually more.
2. HAIR SPRAY-A good hold spray is what you need to help set and finish certain looks such as victory rolls, barrel rolls, etc.
3 THERMAL SPRAY- You can find this everywhere and its purpose to protect your hair follicles and helps seal them in before you use hot tools. It also protects from any dryness an/or damage from your hot tools.
4. POMADE/WAX- Smooths away any flyways and like hairspray it can help set a hair style but it’s a bit lighter and more flexible than hairspray.
5. CURLING IRON- This is probably the most tool for pinup hair. It helps sculpt the hair and gives your fabulous hair looks. Size wise, if you want tighter curls use a smaller iron and if you want more of a wave use a bigger iron.
6. HAIR STRAIGHTENER – I sometimes use a straightener to curl my hair. It’s a neat way to do it. Obviously it’s mostly used for straightening hair. Also if you have really curly hair, sometimes, depending on the hair style, it’s better to straighten your hair before styling it.
7. PIN CURL CLIPS- You definitely need these to pin your hair to hold in the curl. When you do pin curls, make sure they’re all cool before taking the clips out. After that, you can lightly brush them out.
8. RAT TAIL COMB- This is for teasing your hair and definitely a tool you can’t go without. The backside of the comb is perfect for parting your hair in sections.
9. SMOOTHING BRUSH- Help to smooth your teased hair without pulling it and smooths any baby hairs you may have.
10. HAIR COMBS- Combs are nice to hold your hair in styles, especially if you don’t want a bunch of bobby pins stuck in your hair.
Like I said at the beginning here, these are must-faves for pinup/vintage hair but if you have any other ideas or tools you love to use, please feel free to post in my comment box below.