Here are my top ladies of music that aren’t just talented but have a hot rocking style.
1. Lana Del Rey- Besides her beautiful poetry and sultry voice, Lana can look good in anything, including a paper bag. There has never been one outfit I haven’t liked of hers! She is so amazing and one of my all time female singers. Her classic old Hollywood style mixed with modern pieces makes her look just as amazing as her talent.
2. Shirley Manson- I’ve been in love with Shirley and her band Garbage since they first came out in the early 90’s. From her fiery red hair, to her knee high boots, to her going blond, her orange and red outfits, and back to red hair, Shirley is always one step ahead of other female rockers.
3. Courtney Love- Ok we all know that she can be a mess nowadays but she is still talented. Her band HOLE was one of my favorite bands growing up and at one point I copied her look with her baby doll dresses, knee socks, and more. Also when she did the movie, “The People Vs. Larry Flynt,” and she became a model for Versace, I admired her elegant change in fashion and her lifestyle.
4. Imelda May- This Irish singer is a rockabilly and blues queen. Her clothes are spectacular and funny enough, her and I have some of the same outfits. The way she sings always puts me in a good mood and I feel like I’ve stepped out of a movie from the 1930’s. You definitely must check her out if you haven’t already.
5. Lady Gaga- Need I say more. Gaga is a chameleon when it comes to fashion and can pull off any look. She can rock huge hair, razor blade sunglasses, and caution tape just as well as she can pull off jean shorts and a bud light t-shirt. I love her fearless sense of fashion as much as I love her music, which is A LOT!!! For me, Gaga can do no wrong.
6. Gwen Stefani- I remember how excited I was to buy my first L.A.M.B outfit and Harajuku clothing from Gwen Stefani. I can still recall her “Tragic Kingdom,” days and how her liner wings were always perfect along with her luscious red lips, platinum blond hair, and ever changing style. From her ska look to being a harajuku girl, pretty much every thing she wears is fabulous and trend setting.