As you guys know, I’m in the process of moving and today is a perfect day for packing more of my place. It looks like it’s about to rain and I have the fire place on. I just posted a short video on me packing today but I just did this second video with some tips and tricks that can help packing a bit easier. These ideas work very well for me and I hope you get some inspiration from them if and when you are planning to move.
1. Wear comfortable clothes: In my vid here, I’m wearing my Rob Zombie Dragula top and my warm leopard pajama pants. Wearing comfortable clothes helps you move easier, especially when you are sitting down to pack or have to reach things from a top shelf.
2. Instead of wasting bubble wrap and boxes that you can save and use for other items, invest in dish and glass protective separator cases. They aren’t that expensive and are definitely worth buying. They will keep all your plates, stemware, cups, and more nice and protected without individually bubble wrapping each item. You can buy them on Amazon and many other places.
3. Instead of going out and buying big brown boxes that you have to fold together and use a lot of packing tape on, get some empty xerox paper boxes. You can usually get these at office places like Staples or even online for super cheap. These boxes hold a lot of items and don’t need to be taped up because they all come with fitted lids.
4. When buying bubble wrap, buy different size rolls. Like for example, I use the bigger bubbles for items like my paintings and glass pictures while I use the smaller bubble rolls for breakable figurines and small items. And buy more bubble wrap then you think you’ll need. It’s better to have more bubble wrap then running out of it and then having to go out and purchase more.
5.This tip wasn’t in my video but I find it a good tip, whether you’re using a moving company or a Uhaul truck, I find it’s best and a lot less stressful to keep the most breakable and important things in you car with you and follow the trucks. This way you don’t have to worry about anything breaking in another vehicle. For example, I keep my altar stuff and expensive crystal in my car and load up everything else in the trucks. I feel better when I have my most significant memorabilia with me in my car.
6. If you are going to be moving into a brand new place and don’t have a lot of stuff, I recommend buying some items before you move, like trash cans, plates, door mats and bath mats. That way you won’t have to worry about buying a lot of stuff once you’re moved in and can invest and shop for fun decorative stuff.
7. And last tip, have a “packing party,” with a group of friends and/or your significant other. This makes packing a lot of fun, especially if you have some wine there. Just make sure to be safe around sharp objects.
Hope these tips and ideas help when getting ready to move. If you have any other ideas, please feel free to leave them here and/or my above youtube video.