I’ve gotten asked a lot of questions of what are some essentials to creating your own rockabilly look if you are just starting out or if you want to incorporate a little vintage flair into your everyday look and style, and I’ve decided to list 10 essential accessories that can start you off creating your own rockabilly look. Here’s a video of me showing different accessories but I also provided more close-up photos to give you an idea.
** This blog post and video are just ideas to inspire you. Make your own style your own and most importantly, have fun with your look!
1. High Waisted Shorts/Pants/Capries
2. Cardigans- Pick out at any cardigan that shoots you, for example, animal print, flowers, cupcakes, etc. Button the top button and you definitely have a rockabilly, vintage, pinup look.
3. Everyday purse- For a rockabilly purse for running errands, have a big purse so you can keep all your purse items in them such as your makeup bag, glasses, big wallets, pens, etc.
4. Wow Purses- This means for cocktail parties, fancy dinners and more.
5. Everyday Shoes- For me, everyday shoes means wedges, flats, and espadrilles for running errands.
6. Wow Shoes- Like the wow purses above, you need a sexy pair of heels/shoes for cocktails, parties, and more.
7. Red Cotton Scarves and silk scarves- It’s great to have a collections of different scarves you like because you can wear them in a variety of ways; tied around your neck, in your back pocket, in you hair in different ways, and more.
8. Hair Flowers and Accessories- Many ways to wear flowers and cute rockabilly/vintage hair clips.
9. Jewelry- If you love or want some vintage/pinup/rockabilly jewelry, some ideas can be mermaids, anchors, compasses, and more. Whatever your taste is.
10. Sunglasses- There are so many cute rockabilly and pinup sunglasses on the market. Just a pair of sunglasses can change an ordinary outfit into a vintage look.
All photos except mermaid “EVERYDAY PURSE” I didn’t shoot!