I love shopping, as do most people, and wanted to put down some tips, ideas, questions, and things to consider when you’re out shopping so you don’t feel overwhelmed, which can happen from time to time. These are just a few things to think about.
1. PLANNING AHEAD: If you’re planning to go shopping for something specific, write it down on a piece of paper or in your phone to take with you. This way if you go to a huge store, you will be more focused on finding that specific item without getting side-tracked.
2. WHAT TO INVEST IN: Depending on your style, you might want to invest more money on one piece than spending the same amount on another, depending on how often you wear or use something. Using myself as an example, I may spend more money on a vintage dress but not pay as much on a pair of jeans because I don’t wear jeans as much as my dresses.
3. DON’T BUY JUST TO BUY: This seems pretty obvious but I’ve known many people in the past that felt the need to buy something in a shop, whether they really liked it or not. Or they’ll purchase something just because it’s on sale. Do yourself and your wallet a favor, save your money and don’t buy anything unless you truly love it whether it’s on sale or not.
4. QUESTIONS: When seeing something you’re interested in, ask yourself these questions. Will you wear or use it on a daily basis and/or a lot? If you you’ll use it a lot, purchase it.
5. LUXURIOUS PIECES- I love luxury, whether it’s a fashion staple or a high end beauty product but only if it’s in my budget. I feel it’s better to buy one luxurious piece then five cheaper pieces that can possibly fall apart or if it’s a makeup product, have a cheap formula that can possibly mess up your skin.
6. ONE IN EVERY COLOR- If you find a piece of clothing that you absolutely love and you’ll know you get a lot of use out of it, get it in every color. For example, the lace gray dress that I posted on my instagram and in a previous post here, I also bought in lime green and rose. That way I have something that can be a “go to item,” and can rotate for any occasion.
7. ONE OF A KIND- If you see something that catches your eye and you know is a one of a kind item, definitely get it. If you don’t, someone else may grab it and then you’ll regret not getting it first. Also you’ll have a fabulous stylish piece that is unique and that no one else will have.
*I don’t own the above photo image.