I can’t believe 2017 is almost over. This year went by extremely fast and I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday season. Here’s a few brand new tips and tricks for the end of year. First, here’s an important fashion and style tip below:
Fashion and Style Tip: Don’t be afraid of what you “should wear.” What I mean by that is if your normal fashion is a certain style or a specific genre, such as wearing vintage, but you see something that is modern and outside of that genre but absolutely love and must have it, don’t be afraid to buy it. You can always incorporate it into your wardrobe You should never feel that you and can’t wear fashion and must stick to your everyday style.
New Beauty Tips/Tricks:
1. Primer and Foundation: Try out your different foundations with your different primers, especially if you are trying them out for the first time. See how your foundation reacts to the primer because not all primers and foundations work well with each other depending on the formula. This is goes the same for blurring products that cover your pores. such as “Maybelline’s Baby Skin Pore Eraser.” Make sure everything is blended evenly.
2. After doing your foundation, concealer, and setting powder, spray a few pumps of your setting spray before continuing the rest of your look. You don’t need a lot. Just a quick mist. Fan it dry and then continue the rest of your makeup. When you’re done with your makeup use your setting spray to finish as you usually do. By using the setting spray twice gives your face an extra boost and really locks in your makeup.
3. I can’t take credit for this tip but it’s a good one that I like a lot and wanted to share. It’s a beauty blender trick I learned from “Small Little Things Blog,” youtube channel which I absolutely love and recommend for everyone to check out. If your beauty blender dries fast when you apply your makeup, you can spray it with MAC’s Prep and Prime spray which can be used as a primer and also a setting spray. This is a good trick especially if you’re not applying your makeup near a sink. This spray is recommended because it’s main purpose is for it to help makeup last longer and helps you have a smooth makeup application. I’m sure you can do this trick with other primers and setting sprays but I like MAC’s Prep and Prime a lot and have being using it for awhile and love this new trick I learned. Thank you “Small Little Things.”
4. When it comes to primer, a lot of people apply way to much to their face. All you need is a thin even layer. If you are using a product that has a “blurring effect,” focus on your pore areas that you want to blur and conceal. Using too much primer can affect how your makeup turns out and can also clog pores. You also won’t waste a lot of product.
5. If you have or want to buy a product that you know you won’t use everyday such as a facial mask, get a travel size version of the product I they make it instead of getting a full size. For example, I love Glamglow masks but I don’t use them everyday so the last mask I bought which was the blue “Thirstymud Hydrating Treatment,” I decided to get the travel size and it has more than enough product in it and will last awhile. Buying smaller sizes will also save you money which is always wonderful.
Hope you enjoy these tips and tricks and if you think of any cool ones, definitely let me know in the comment section.