My signature color of course is red. Red is my favorite color and I love wearing it on my pout. I mainly wear classic red which is a blue toned red which looks better on me rather than an orange based lipstick. Blue toned is also more versatile and looks great on all skin tones.
Sometimes I like wearing a deeper burgundy or a brighter shade but it’s still in the red family. I sometimes change up my lipstick color for fun or if it’s for a certain look but classic red is my go to.
Here is a list of my favorite red lipsticks, both liquid and in a regular lipstick tube. A long time ago I did an article on here about my favorite red shaded lipstick so you might recognize one or two shades that I had mentioned long about but for the most stuf I’m showing new reds. Also I do mention the same makeup brands more than once such as Jeffree Star Cosmetics and MAC but the only reason why is that I love and truly believe in those formulas and love wearing them!
MY TOP FAVORITE RED LIPSTICKS THAT I WEAR THE MOST:
1. “RedRum” Velour liquid lipstick by Jeffree Star Cosmetics- (I know I’ve said this before but Jeffree’s liquid formula is my absolute favorite liquid lipstick formula.) RedRum is the perfect classic blue toned red with a sexy matte finish and you’ll all know I’m a matte lipstick whore.
2. “BAWSE” Always on liquid lipstick by Smashbox- I had always heard a lot of great things about Smashbox’s lipsticks but the reds always seemed too orange for my complexion but when I saw “Bawse” a few months ago, I knew I had to try it. It’s a fantastic blueish red, the formula is wonderful, and the applicator point is a triangle-shaped so you can use it as a lipliner before filling in your lips.
3. “Russian Red” Matte lipstick by MAC.- This lipstick I had posted in my last favorite red lipstick article but of course the reason why is that it’s a fabulous matte classic red that I still love using.
Here are my two favorite red lipliners that I’ve talked about before many times but because I love the colors and the smooth non-drying formula. Make sure to line and fill in you lips before applying lipstick. A lot of people don’t think it’s necessary to use liner if you’re using a liquid formula but I still do to define my lipstick clearly.
“WONDERLAND” and “714” 24/7 Glide-On lip pencil, both by Urban Decay. The 24/7 glide-on lip pencils is my absolute favorite lip liner formula. It goes on smoothly and doesn’t dry out your lips.
Here are other red lipsticks that I like using. Some are deeper shades than the classic red:
1. “RED HAUTE” Color Design matte by Lancome- A very beautiful matte cool-toned red.
2. “UNICORN BLOOD” Velour Liquid Lipstick by Jeffree Star Cosmetics- This was the first lipstick I ever purchased and I love this color. It’s a dusty dark rusty matte lipstick that is very deep and sultry.
3. “STRANGE LOVE” Liquid Lip Color by SugarPill- Sugarpill is one of my favorite makeup brands and I was very excited to try this color. I first got it with the limited edition Feline Fancy makeup collection bundle but they now sell this lipstick separately. This deep red is metallic with a little extra sparkle. Simply beautiful.
4. “FRANK N FURTER” Rocky Horror Picture Show Edition (matte) by MAC. I believe you can still by this shade online. I posted on article on here a long time ago when I got the Rocky Horror lipstick collection so click on the tag here to read it if you hadn’t before. This matte color is a beautiful deeper shade of a cool shade of red and is especially good if you don’t feel comfortable wearing a bright classic red but still want to rock a red lippy.
ENJOY THESE SEXY LIPSTICKS AND REMEMBER TO ALWAYS HAVE FUN!!!