Last week, I did my first Halloween haul of the year. I was so excited to see all the new decorations and goodies that were to be available this year. I’m trying to be a little good tho and not buy everything since I already have a fabulous collection of Halloween decor; a lot of which I keep out all year round, but I like to buy at least a couple new things for my house. The first place I started out with was Michael’s and let me tell you, it was extremely hard to restrain myself, especially since I get a lot of my art supplies from there as well.
When I hit the Halloween section, I instantly got excited. When I shop for new spooky decor, I try to find unique items and things that I don’t have already. I’ve talked many times before about being a witch and that I do readings and such so I was pleased to see that they had a lot of witch and psychic style items this year. I also wanted to get another light up interactive Halloween scene. I bought my first one last year, my talking light up “Wasteland Pub,” and loved it. I even created a youtube video of it which you can see on my channel as well as my posts from last year which you can see in the link below and by using my SEARCH button here:
Check out my latest spooky and fabulously fun video all about my Wasteland Pub display. I shot this little video during two different Halloween photoshoots I did today. Stay tuned for that. Enjoy my youtube video here and make sure to subscribe to my youtube channel if you haven’t already.
I saw so many cute things at Michael’s and bought some very spooky and fabulous items for some great prices and here they are. I posted all my items on my Vampira coffin towel together and then everything separately so you can see the close up details:
1. The Garden of Eaten- Since I bought the “Wasteland Pub” scene last year, it only made sense to get the “Garden of Eaten,” which matches and goes great with my Little Shop of Horrors plant.
2. Hanging Bat- I found this really cool bat that I can hang pretty much anywhere in my house. I realized I didn’t have any bat decorations so I had to pick up this little guy.
3. Hanging Magical “Under the Moon” bottle cap sign- I love the vintage look of this piece and the fact the it’s a bottle cap shape, I thought was very cool and creative.
4. Skeleton Cheese Knives- The moment I saw these, I had to get them. One of my favorite things to make and eat is a good charcuterie plate so these will be perfect for me to use I love how they each have their own spooky words engraved on them.
5. Halloween adornments- There was a section in Michael’s that had little mini items and figurines and I found this really cool witch figure with a magical crystal ball and a psychic reading table with a skull and a matching crystal ball. I’m still deciding if I want to use these cuties in an art piece or put them around the house as little decorations.
6. White and Gray “Spooky Nights” Skull & Spider Serving Tray- You can never go wrong with a serving tray because you can use them for anything and everything. This will be perfect all year round and goes perfectly with my spooky skull cheese knives.
7. Palmistry Pillow- This is another item that I bought that I’ll keep out all year round. I love the design of this and how it shows all the lines and meanings of the human hand for palm reading. It’s very comfortable as well.
These are all my items from my first Halloween haul of 2019. Make sure to start checking out stores to find your own goodies for this year’s Halloween/Samhain night.
BONUS ITEMS: I had to also share these new Halloween items. The first one are a set of Freddy Krueger sweater pillow covers that my friend made and sent to me as a gift. Everyone knows that Freddy is my favorite horror character so I was so touched and happy to get these.
The other bonus item is a super sweet skeleton wedding cake topper of Frankenstein’s Monster and his bride. I bought this for our anniversary that was last week. I thought it was so cute and a fun anniversary gift for my wonderful husband and me.