Here are her links so you can check out her stuff:
I can’t believe 2017 is almost over. This year went by extremely fast and I hope everyone enjoyed the holiday season. Here’s a few brand new tips and tricks for the end of year. First, here’s an important fashion and style tip below:
Fashion and Style Tip: Don’t be afraid of what you “should wear.” What I mean by that is if your normal fashion is a certain style or a specific genre, such as wearing vintage, but you see something that is modern and outside of that genre but absolutely love and must have it, don’t be afraid to buy it. You can always incorporate it into your wardrobe You should never feel that you and can’t wear fashion and must stick to your everyday style.
New Beauty Tips/Tricks:
1. Primer and Foundation: Try out your different foundations with your different primers, especially if you are trying them out for the first time. See how your foundation reacts to the primer because not all primers and foundations work well with each other depending on the formula. This is goes the same for blurring products that cover your pores. such as “Maybelline’s Baby Skin Pore Eraser.” Make sure everything is blended evenly.
2. After doing your foundation, concealer, and setting powder, spray a few pumps of your setting spray before continuing the rest of your look. You don’t need a lot. Just a quick mist. Fan it dry and then continue the rest of your makeup. When you’re done with your makeup use your setting spray to finish as you usually do. By using the setting spray twice gives your face an extra boost and really locks in your makeup.
3. I can’t take credit for this tip but it’s a good one that I like a lot and wanted to share. It’s a beauty blender trick I learned from “Small Little Things Blog,” youtube channel which I absolutely love and recommend for everyone to check out. If your beauty blender dries fast when you apply your makeup, you can spray it with MAC’s Prep and Prime spray which can be used as a primer and also a setting spray. This is a good trick especially if you’re not applying your makeup near a sink. This spray is recommended because it’s main purpose is for it to help makeup last longer and helps you have a smooth makeup application. I’m sure you can do this trick with other primers and setting sprays but I like MAC’s Prep and Prime a lot and have being using it for awhile and love this new trick I learned. Thank you “Small Little Things.”
4. When it comes to primer, a lot of people apply way to much to their face. All you need is a thin even layer. If you are using a product that has a “blurring effect,” focus on your pore areas that you want to blur and conceal. Using too much primer can affect how your makeup turns out and can also clog pores. You also won’t waste a lot of product.
5. If you have or want to buy a product that you know you won’t use everyday such as a facial mask, get a travel size version of the product I they make it instead of getting a full size. For example, I love Glamglow masks but I don’t use them everyday so the last mask I bought which was the blue “Thirstymud Hydrating Treatment,” I decided to get the travel size and it has more than enough product in it and will last awhile. Buying smaller sizes will also save you money which is always wonderful.
Hope you enjoy these tips and tricks and if you think of any cool ones, definitely let me know in the comment section.
This look was really fun to create and even though it isn’t the classic vintage makeup look, it still has mostly vintage elements to it. Enjoy and below are all the products I used.
Primer: Bobbi Brown Vitamin EnrichedFace Base
Foundation: Maybelline Fit Me, Matte/Poreless in 112 Natural Ivory
Concealer: Tarte Shape Tape in “Fair”
Setting Powder: Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
Eye Shadows: “Tako” by Sugarpill and quad palette, “500 Addictive,” by Revlon Colorstay
Eyeliner: “Schwing,” by The Balm.
Mascara: Loreal Voluminous Butterfly in “Black/Noir 867.”
Brows: Dipbrow Pomade in “Chocolate,” by Anastasia of Beverly Hills.
Highlighter: Urban Decay Afterglow Palette in color “O.N.S”
Blush: Stila Convertible Color Compact in, “Lillium.”
Lipsticks: Jeffrey Star Cosmetics, velour liquid lip in, “Deceased,” and “Delicious.”
Brushes: For inner corner of eyes and under brow bone, I used the Rose Gold mini MAC Cosmetics brush in “535SE”
For base shadow, I used Morphe “M433”
For crease, I used Lab, Put A Lid On It, Angled Brush.
For my Highlight Brush, I used my fabulous smaller red rose highlight brush from Story Book Cosmetics.
Setting Spray: Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist
I decided to do this post because my look today wasn’t rockabilly or pinup. It was more of a retro, blue-eyed shadow, 60’s look, especially with my half up, half down bouffant. I experimented with this look in the morning and was very impressed with it. Here are the pictures I took today with my 60’s retro and vintage look. Hope you enjoy!
Here’s a list of the brands and colors I use.
*MAKEUP I USED TO CREATE THIS LOOK:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EYE-SHADOW: Sugarpill Eyeshadow: “Tako White.” in the inner and out of cover of the eye and also underneath brow bone.
Urban Decay, Disney, ” Alice Through the Looking Glass” special edition palette: Blue eyeshadow, “Metamorphosis.” applied on the lid.
Disney, ” Alice Through the Looking Glass” special edition palette: Matte Brown eyeshadow “Chessboard” applied in crease.
LIPSTICK: Urban Decay, cream color in “Twitch.”
EYELINER: The same as always. I always use my pinup winged liner in “Schwing,” by “The Balm.
I did this naturally painted look on me yesterday while I was testing new techniques, colors, and products to see how they look and go together and came up with this beautiful look for summer.
I decided to do this look be cause it’s sweltering outside and you shouldnt feel the need to cake on glam makeup. This is a natural look which can still be turned into a rockabilly look. These are just suggestions. If there’s something you want to add to this look, like some winged eyeliner, please feel free to add it. This is just glamorous sultry look.
HERE’S THE VIDEO TUTORIAL ON HOW I DID THIS LOOK AND MY BEAUTY REASONS AND WHY I CHOSE THEM! ENJOY!!!!
BELOW THIS VIDEO ARE THE PRODUCTS I USE IN THIS TUTORIAL:
MAKEUP MENTIONED AND USED:
Stila: Once Step Correct
Bare Mineral Matte Foundation in, “Fair”
Giorgio Armani, luminous silk foundation in “2”
M.A.C Studio Fix, “A75.”
Stila: Perfect me and Perfect Hue, “Fair/Light
Urban Decay after glow, “SIN.”
Highlighting ECO Tools FAN BRUSH
SHISEIDO eye curler
JEFFREE STAR COSMETICS, LIP AMMUNICATOPMS, “CELEVRITY SKIN.”
MAC PREP AN PRIME FIX
I did a hot Jeffree Star themed photo shoot today and it was very sexy and fun. For the shoot, I dressed up in the first piece of clothing I ever bought from Jeffree Star Cosmetics which was the sexy black vegan vest with the pink lip ammunition and star ensignia that you see here. I got so into this rock and roll themed shoot, I had to wear my hot, punk rock black and blue wig. Since my first JS clothing purchase, I have bought a bunch more. And don’t get me started on all the JS makeup I own. In today’s photoshoot, with the exceptions of my wig, bottoms and shoes, I wore nothing but Jeffree Star. I truly love all of Jeffree’s products and when it comes to the makeup, all the formulas, such as the lipstick formula is top notch. It doesn’t make your lips feel super dry like other liquid lipstick brands do and is very easy to apply.
I’m losing count on all the Jeffree Star lipsticks (liquid and the lip ammunition) I have and will be buying more soon I’m sure.
The SKIN FROST highlights are amazing too and I already know what color I want to get next.
I could go on and on about how much I love Jeffree’s products!
Enjoy these photos from my “Androgny,” shoot plus my youtube video tutorial. PLEASE ENJOY AND THANK YOU TO FABULOUS JEFFREE STAR!!!!!!
These are products that people don’t always think about to think to incorporate into their skincare and make up regimen. I was one of those people a long time ago until I learned about these products when they first hit the beauty market and tried them out. After I first tried them, I wondered how I ever went without using these. All these products can make a huge difference when doing your makeup and skin care as well as changing and improving your skin. Of course you can get away with not using any of these items but once you try them, I guarantee that you’ll have a hard time not including them in your daily beauty ritual.
1. Toner- One of the main benefits of toning your skin is that it rids your skin of impurities. Facial toners are used after washing your face and before moisturizing your skin and can be used day and/or night. If you use a toner at night after removing your makeup, you rid your face of any excess makeup and oil residue that your remover and cleanser might not get. If your skin tends to be oily or acne-prone, toners can help a lot in clearing up and improving the quality of your skin.
To tone your skin, apply a dime to quarter size amount to a cotton pad/ball and gently rub it on your face. Never be harsh to your skin. You’ll be able to actually see all the impurities that were left behind on the pad. Once you’re done toning, apply your moisturizer as usual. Once you start toning on a regular basis, you’ll be able to see a difference pretty quickly in the appearance and feel of your skin.
Here are some of favorite toners. You’ve probably seen and read my reviews on some of these in the past. That’s how much I like and recommend these.
FRESH Rose deep hydration facial toner with rose petal
FRESH Rose floral toner spray- infused with soothing rosewater
THAYERS Natural Remedies, alcohol-free witch hazel toner
BENEFIT moisture prep toning lotion
2. Face Primer- The main function of a makeup primer is to increase the wear and longevity of your makeup. You apply it to your skin and usually wait a minute to let it work on your skin before you apply your makeup. Makeup primers even out the surface of your skin and doesn’t allow makeup to seep into your pores which can cause skin issues such as acne. Primers can help smooth any fine lines, wrinkles, and minimize pores. There is an endless amount of face primers on the market. They make them for all different skin types and some also have a “blurring effect,” which can camouflage imperfections and give you a flawless complexion. They can be worn with or without makeup. Some primers can also double as moisturizers as well.
Some of my favorite face primers include,
BOBBI BROWN Vitamin Enriched Face Base
STILA One step correct, skin tone correcting and brightening serum
SOAP & GLORY One Heck of a Blot Primer, instant perfecting power primer, with shine bloc 12 hr Matte Spheres and PORE-SHRINK technology
3. Eye Lid/Shadow Primer- You know when you wet your eye shadow brush to intensify the color and pigment of eye shadow? Eyeshadow primer does the same thing but better. People ask why you can’t use face primer on your eye lids and it’s because a lot of regular primers aren’t safe around the delicate area of your eyes. Lid primer like makeup primer keeps your makeup in place specifically your eye makeup from fading and shifting. It keeps your shadow from creasing as well which is always a good thing. A lot of people use their concealer as eye lid primer but I personally like the actual eye shadow primers better
Another purpose and tip for lid primer is to apply it under your eyes before you apply under eye concealer to keep it from creasing just like it prevents creasing on your eye shadow.
Suggested eye shadow primers,
THE BALM- Put a Lid on it, eyelid primer
M.A.C- Pro Longer Paint Pot
URBAN DECAY- Eyeshadow Primer Potion
4. Lip Scrub- Using a lip scrub definitely makes a difference when applying your lipstick. The purpose of a lip scrub is to get rid of the dead skin to make your lips smoother and easier to apply lip color and to make it look more even. It gently exfoliates your lips and leave them feeling extra soft and supple. If your lips are prone to to being chapped, scrubs can help that problem. Many lip scrubs also smell and taste yummy because of the sugar in the scrub and if the scrub is vegan, they are also edible. I prefer vegan edible lip scrubs.
These are my favorite lip scrubs:
JEFFREE STAR COSMETICS velour lip scrub in Strawberry Gum
BURT’S BEE’S sugar scrub
CHAPSTICK hydration lip scrub
HERE IS A LITTLE RECIPE ON MAKING YOUR OWN SCRUB AS WELL:
INGREDIENTS – Tablespoon of brown sugar or white sugar
-A dash of honey (just enough to make the sugar really stick together) OR a bit of olive oil/coconut oil
-A teeny tiny little drop of vanilla (it makes it smell yummy, but isn’t necessary.)
-A small container
DIRECTIONS AND HOW TO USE-
Mix a tablespoon of brown sugar with just enough honey (or olive oil) to get it to stick together. Once a week (twice at the very max) rub the scrub onto your lips, vigorously enough to loosen the dead skin.
Let it sit for 1 minute, and then wipe off with a damp washcloth. Apply lip balm after use.
5. Makeup Setting Spray- Setting Spray is the “TOPCOAT” to your makeup. It’s similar to a makeup primer. It keeps your makeup in place and keep it lasting throughout the day. Especially during this time of the year where the weather is getting hotter and hotter, setting spray is essential in keeping your makeup from melting and sliding off your face. You obviously apply setting spray when you’re finished with your makeup but you can also spray it throughout the day to refresh your look and to keep your skin hydrated.
My top favorite making sprays include,
URBAN DECAY ALL NIGHTER long-lasting spray
M.A.C Prep and Prime Fix
MAKEUP FOREVER Mist and Fix
*I did not take these product photos.
Check out my latest hot and fun makeup tutorial! It incorporates the fun and my twin Buttercup from the cute Cartoon Network show, Powerpuff Girls. Enjoy and subscribe to my youtube channel if you haven’t already. And of course follow my blog here!
This was a fun summery look to try out. Enjoy!
Here are the products I used for this look:
Foundation- Giorgio Armani, luminous sil foundation in number 2
Eye Base- M.A.C pro Long wear paint pot in “Soft Ochre.”
Sugarpill in “Tako.”
JeffreeStarCosmetics Androgyny palette in “Poison.”
KatVonD Metal Matte palette in colors, “Ignite,” “Watt,” and “Tinsel.”
Highlight- JeffreeStarCosmetics skin frost in “Princess Cut.”
Lipstick- UrbanDecay vice lipstick in “Twitch.”
Ardell lashes in “Demi Wispies black.”
I’ve gotten asked a lot of questions of what are some essentials to creating your own rockabilly look if you are just starting out or if you want to incorporate a little vintage flair into your everyday look and style, and I’ve decided to list 10 essential accessories that can start you off creating your own rockabilly look. Here’s a video of me showing different accessories but I also provided more close-up photos to give you an idea.
** This blog post and video are just ideas to inspire you. Make your own style your own and most importantly, have fun with your look!
1. High Waisted Shorts/Pants/Capries
2. Cardigans- Pick out at any cardigan that shoots you, for example, animal print, flowers, cupcakes, etc. Button the top button and you definitely have a rockabilly, vintage, pinup look.
3. Everyday purse- For a rockabilly purse for running errands, have a big purse so you can keep all your purse items in them such as your makeup bag, glasses, big wallets, pens, etc.
4. Wow Purses- This means for cocktail parties, fancy dinners and more.
5. Everyday Shoes- For me, everyday shoes means wedges, flats, and espadrilles for running errands.
6. Wow Shoes- Like the wow purses above, you need a sexy pair of heels/shoes for cocktails, parties, and more.
7. Red Cotton Scarves and silk scarves- It’s great to have a collections of different scarves you like because you can wear them in a variety of ways; tied around your neck, in your back pocket, in you hair in different ways, and more.
8. Hair Flowers and Accessories- Many ways to wear flowers and cute rockabilly/vintage hair clips.
9. Jewelry- If you love or want some vintage/pinup/rockabilly jewelry, some ideas can be mermaids, anchors, compasses, and more. Whatever your taste is.
10. Sunglasses- There are so many cute rockabilly and pinup sunglasses on the market. Just a pair of sunglasses can change an ordinary outfit into a vintage look.
All photos except mermaid “EVERYDAY PURSE” I didn’t shoot!