I don’t do these often but when I do, I like to show everything and do them in a fun way so sometimes you’ll see ootd photos or videos like today. I wanted to do this video to show my spooky sexy outfit for getting my first batch of 2019 Halloween decorations at Michael’s, my home away from home. Here’s my video of my Outfit of the Day.
Hello to all my friends. I know the majority of you know that besides this and my art site, I have a youtube channel. I’ve posted many of my youtube videos here. Because I have a place to film and a place to blog and write my articles, I thought I would post some tips that are very helpful if you’re thinking of creating your own blog and channel. Hope these help you start your own fantastic media sites.
TIPS FOR STARTING A BLOG:
1. Before even beginning setting up your page, think carefully about the your idea and the things that you wan’t to talk about. When I started Bombshell, I knew I wanted it to not just be about Pinup but also music, and horror films, etc., which is why I included all those things in my bombshell description on my main title page.
2. Decide what blog company site you want to use. I personally really like WordPress but there are other great blog domain sites that are out that, some that I’ve used in the past.
3. Think long and hard before choosing a domain name. Make sure it fits with your blog and website theme. Also search different sites before you settle on the price of your domain name and how long you have it before you renew it. Different sites very.
My other blog site: http://www.carliemichellesoratartworld.com
TIPS FOR STARTING A YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
1. Think of a good channel name that represents yourself and what you plan on making videos about. It can be simple like mine, Carlie Michelle.
2. Don’t start a youtube channel just for money. It took me a long time to get a lot of subscribers and I only have 7,000 which may sound a lot, and it is, but not compared to channels like beauty gurus who have over a million subscribers. (This helpful tip can relate to your blog and website.) I make videos because I really enjoy making them. I love talking about important topics, have rants sometimes, do beauty videos, tutorials, etc. It’s really fun and I get satisfaction knowing that some people enjoy my content and it inspires certain people, such as my younger cousins.
3. I recommend doing a or a few demo videos to check the lighting of your camera, even if it’s your Iphone camera. There are different size circle lights that you can get many places including online that aren’t always expensive. Those can help get your preferred lighting. Below this, I’m going to post an early youtube video I shot with not the best lighting because I hadn’t the right equipment yet and needed to learn my best lighting technique. Then I’ll post a more recent, clearer video with better lighting so you can see the different. Click this tip for one of my video links: https://youtu.be/KMc2_260RF4
Earlier video of mine with dark lighting where you could barely see me. Showing these both so you can tell the difference. My youtube channel is Carlie Michelle.
*** THE MOST IMPORTANT THING ABOUT CREATING A BLOG AND WEBSITE AND A YOUTUBE CHANNEL IS TO HAVE FUN WITH IT AND TO ALWAYS BE CONFIDENT IN YOURSELF NO MATTER WHAT!!!!! I HOPE THESE TIPS HELP YOU IF YOU ARE WANTING TO START EITHER OF THESE PLATFORMS AND FEEL FREE TO ALWAYS ASK ME QUESTIONS. LOTS OF LOVE! XOXO CARLIE
Here it is finally, my double BETTIE PAGE COLLABORATION WITH MY PINUP SISTER PEGGY STONE! I’m so glad we got to do these shoots as our first collab together. I know her and I will be doing more soon. We definitely both have the classic Bettie Page essence and aura within us. I love how even though we have different hair colors and different outfits in our photos, they all go together beautifully.
Her photos were taken by Richard Kitchen whose Instagram handle is @rwk_photography. Mine were taken by Nima/Nick Sorat whose Twitter handle is @inqtanq and Nima Sorat on Facebook. Enjoy our double beautiful and fabulous photoshoot.
Thank you Peggy for doing this with me and I simply adore you sis. xoxo
I met Peggy Stone earlier this year. Actually I think I met her at the end of last year and we immediately hit it off. First reason was we are both published pinup models and actually have a spread in Passion Pinup’s Magazine right next to each other which was definitely kismet. The other most important thing Peggy and I have in common is that Bettie Page is both our Pinup Vintage Icon! I wish I still had my picture from high school where I was dressed like Bettie for Halloween.
It’s amazing how much Peggy and I have in common, such as her man takes a lot of her model shots like my husband does for me sometimes. I’ve even given and sold her some of my Bettie memorabilia like the matching flasks which you’ll see in part 2. We are definitely Pinup sisters.
Peggy and I text almost everyday and I love our friendship. She says I’m her big sis, even though she’s not that much younger than me, haha, and she’s my baby pinup sis. I hope she comes to California soon.
For this collaboration, we decided to do a Bettie Page double shoot. Duh! Haha! Bettie Page was such a natural beauty. She didn’t just do lingerie and fetish shoots but also more “Cheesecake Pinup” shots which I show here in my cherry looks. 🍒 For my hair, I did a beautiful wet set waves and since my Bettie bangs are grown out, I found my clip on Bettie Bangs.
Bettie was such a natural beauty. She didn’t fuss with a lot of eyeliner or heavy makeup. She just wore powder, mascara, and of course red lip stick, which I recreated in my photo sets. Here are a few of my cherry cheesecake photos but stay tuned for part 2 of this to see more sexy photos of my baby sis Peggy and me! Make sure to watch out for our matching flasks!
Video plus a list and pics of all the brands and tutorials I did in the video. Enjoy!
Here’s a full footage video I shot and posted on my youtube channel! IF YOU HAVEN’T DONE SO YET, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL, HIT THE BELL FOR NOTIFICATIONS AND LIKE ALL MY VIDEOS! XOXO I HAD THE BEST TIME AT DRAG CON SO PLEASE CHECK OUT THE FOOTAGE ON MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL ON HERE!
I hope you all enjoyed the first part of my time at Rupaul’s Dragcon 2019. Here’s the second part of my time at the convention. It was so nice to wake up at the hotel and not having to worry to wake up super early to drive back to the convention, especially on the weekend. My hubby and I started out with a lovely breakfast downstairs in our hotel. It was a little chilly so I donned my VIP Dragcon jacket.
After we ate, we headed back upstairs to get dressed and so I could don myself in even more glitter and sequins than the first day.
The second day of Dragcon, my main goal was to meet one of my other all time favorite drag queens, Katya! She wasn’t at last year’s Dragon so I made it my mission to meet her, even if it was the only drag queen I would meet that day. I donned her shorts with my Erika Jayne tank and my long rainbow sequined jacket and I didn’t care how long I was going to wait to meet her, I definitely was going to meet her.
When my husband and I re-entered the convention, the line to see Katya was already extremely long. Luckily the two girls that I met the day before when waiting to meet Trixie were already in line and summoned us over to stand with them. The girl’s names are Salem and Halo which I thought was amazing and they are such a sweet couple. Even though they are in their twenties and I’m only maybe ten years older than them, they decided to make me their mom. HaHa! I’m so excited to announce that I have two daughters!!! I’m ordained in California so I told them that if they ever get married, I will definitely marry them. I love these girls.
Katya wasn’t going to be doing the meet and greet until 1:00 because she was doing a panel first so we waited in line for a long time but I switched off with my husband so I could see the queens arrive on the pink carpet, (which you can see footage of on my youtube channel, Carlie Michelle) and then come back in line with my “daughters” so he could get a drink and a snack, and walk around to the artist vendors where he bought me a really cool Morticia Addams necklace and bought himself a Gomez Addams keychain and got to meet the artist. You can see my necklace in the photo below with my other necklace of the Bride of Frankenstein that my love of my life bought me at the last Monsterpalooza.
Finally after a long time of waiting in line and switching off to meet other queens and people, Katya Zamolodchikova arrived at her booth. We were all screaming with joy! Because we were VIP and we got there when the convention opened, we didn’t have to wait long. When I was about to meet Katya, no joke, my heart started pounding because I was so nervous and excited. When her and I first saw each other, she shrieked over my shorts of her because she hadn’t seen them before. She took a video of me to put on her instagram feed which I was ecstatic about. You can probably still see me up there on her page.
Katya was kind and we took a bunch of photos together as well as group shots with my husband who also thinks Katya is awesome and super funny. Both of us are huge fans of her youtube show “UNHhhh” with Trixie Mattel.
On a personal level, Katya and I talked for a minute to the side about her past addiction issues and how she overcame them and the addiction that used to be in my family. It was such a beautiful moment and I started to cry but that sweet drag queen stopped me and just hugged me. It was a wonderful moment.
This year’s Dragcon, VIP exceeded my expectations. I had so much fun like I did the last time and I loved seeing how much bigger and grander this year was compared to last year. I can’t wait until next year!