I POSTED THIS FIRST THING ON MY ART SITE: WWW.CARLIEMICHELLESORATARTWORLD.COM BUT WANTED TO POST HERE AS WELL BECAUSE I’M SO EXCITED AND PROUD OF THIS!!!!! YOU CAN NOW WEAR MY ART WORK AS FASHION AGAIN!!!
Thank you to Big Cartel and Metal Works for creating these personalized pins of my art work. We collaborated on what I wanted engraved and the materials I wanted for them and we came up with an amazing product. To start with, two art pieces of mine were chosen. The first one is titled, “LUST” and the second pin you can get is titled, “Rare Oddity.” Both styles are made with strong, sturdy, and beautiful enamel which give a nice gloss to them without being over powering so you can see the art work perfectly without a glare.
Either style retails for $12.00 plus shipping. (THE FIRST 10 PEOPLE WHO PURCHASE A PIN WILL GET A LITTLE SURPRISE AS WELL!)
I’ve always been a huge advocate in artists supporting other artists and I hope everyone enjoys this customized pins! Leave a comment below or hit me up on any of my social media pages to place an order!
As someone who loves Glam, Old Hollywood, Vintage, and makeup, the fact that I hadn’t tried this brand sooner is astounding to me. The moment I found their site and then researched what they are about, I fell in love.
Bésame Cosmetics actually recreates and reproduces classic vintage style makeup, from the intricate detailing and gold in the packaging to the variety of colors and shade names, which was a beautiful thing for me to discover.
The whole concept behind this brand is also beautiful. The cosmetic reproductions are from the 1920’s, 30’s, 40’s, and 50’s and are all about empowering yourself in the elegant way that women empowered themselves and made themselves feel glamorous and gorgeous during those decades. Bésame Cosmetics has also been featured in films which you can read more about on their site.
I decided to try a classic red and a nude lipstick as well as the lavender violet brightening powder and I was surprised by the results. The packaging was classic vintage and very gilded and glamorous. The red lipstick is classic “American Beauty,” which is a absolutely stunning color of red as a lipstick and lipliner. How the lipsticks is shaped, you can use the edge as a liner.
The beautiful nude shade I tried is, “Portrait Peach,” and it works just as well as my red lippie and liner. If you try this brand, these are the two classic vintage lipstick colors.
The violent lavender powder immediately caught my eye and I’m so glad it did! The fabulous powder works wonders on color correcting and brightening you skin. And you can use it all over. I love it just a much, or maybe a hair more than the Laura Mercier brightening powder which I love so much and use everyday.
Make sure to check out BesameCosmetics.com and go and personalize your own classic Hollywood vintage look. My friend RetroDee, (which go follow her blog also) would love this! Enjoy and please let me know your feedback!
I don’t do these often but when I do, I like to show everything and do them in a fun way so sometimes you’ll see ootd photos or videos like today. I wanted to do this video to show my spooky sexy outfit for getting my first batch of 2019 Halloween decorations at Michael’s, my home away from home. Here’s my video of my Outfit of the Day.
Hello to all my friends. I know the majority of you know that besides this and my art site, I have a youtube channel. I’ve posted many of my youtube videos here. Because I have a place to film and a place to blog and write my articles, I thought I would post some tips that are very helpful if you’re thinking of creating your own blog and channel. Hope these help you start your own fantastic media sites.
TIPS FOR STARTING A BLOG:
1. Before even beginning setting up your page, think carefully about the your idea and the things that you wan’t to talk about. When I started Bombshell, I knew I wanted it to not just be about Pinup but also music, and horror films, etc., which is why I included all those things in my bombshell description on my main title page.
2. Decide what blog company site you want to use. I personally really like WordPress but there are other great blog domain sites that are out that, some that I’ve used in the past.
3. Think long and hard before choosing a domain name. Make sure it fits with your blog and website theme. Also search different sites before you settle on the price of your domain name and how long you have it before you renew it. Different sites very.
My other blog site: http://www.carliemichellesoratartworld.com
TIPS FOR STARTING A YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
1. Think of a good channel name that represents yourself and what you plan on making videos about. It can be simple like mine, Carlie Michelle.
2. Don’t start a youtube channel just for money. It took me a long time to get a lot of subscribers and I only have 7,000 which may sound a lot, and it is, but not compared to channels like beauty gurus who have over a million subscribers. (This helpful tip can relate to your blog and website.) I make videos because I really enjoy making them. I love talking about important topics, have rants sometimes, do beauty videos, tutorials, etc. It’s really fun and I get satisfaction knowing that some people enjoy my content and it inspires certain people, such as my younger cousins.
3. I recommend doing a or a few demo videos to check the lighting of your camera, even if it’s your Iphone camera. There are different size circle lights that you can get many places including online that aren’t always expensive. Those can help get your preferred lighting. Below this, I’m going to post an early youtube video I shot with not the best lighting because I hadn’t the right equipment yet and needed to learn my best lighting technique. Then I’ll post a more recent, clearer video with better lighting so you can see the different. Click this tip for one of my video links: https://youtu.be/KMc2_260RF4
Earlier video of mine with dark lighting where you could barely see me. Showing these both so you can tell the difference. My youtube channel is Carlie Michelle.
*** THE MOST IMPORTANT THING ABOUT CREATING A BLOG AND WEBSITE AND A YOUTUBE CHANNEL IS TO HAVE FUN WITH IT AND TO ALWAYS BE CONFIDENT IN YOURSELF NO MATTER WHAT!!!!! I HOPE THESE TIPS HELP YOU IF YOU ARE WANTING TO START EITHER OF THESE PLATFORMS AND FEEL FREE TO ALWAYS ASK ME QUESTIONS. LOTS OF LOVE! XOXO CARLIE
Here it is finally, my double BETTIE PAGE COLLABORATION WITH MY PINUP SISTER PEGGY STONE! I’m so glad we got to do these shoots as our first collab together. I know her and I will be doing more soon. We definitely both have the classic Bettie Page essence and aura within us. I love how even though we have different hair colors and different outfits in our photos, they all go together beautifully.
Her photos were taken by Richard Kitchen whose Instagram handle is @rwk_photography. Mine were taken by Nima/Nick Sorat whose Twitter handle is @inqtanq and Nima Sorat on Facebook. Enjoy our double beautiful and fabulous photoshoot.
Thank you Peggy for doing this with me and I simply adore you sis. xoxo
I met Peggy Stone earlier this year. Actually I think I met her at the end of last year and we immediately hit it off. First reason was we are both published pinup models and actually have a spread in Passion Pinup’s Magazine right next to each other which was definitely kismet. The other most important thing Peggy and I have in common is that Bettie Page is both our Pinup Vintage Icon! I wish I still had my picture from high school where I was dressed like Bettie for Halloween.
It’s amazing how much Peggy and I have in common, such as her man takes a lot of her model shots like my husband does for me sometimes. I’ve even given and sold her some of my Bettie memorabilia like the matching flasks which you’ll see in part 2. We are definitely Pinup sisters.
Peggy and I text almost everyday and I love our friendship. She says I’m her big sis, even though she’s not that much younger than me, haha, and she’s my baby pinup sis. I hope she comes to California soon.
For this collaboration, we decided to do a Bettie Page double shoot. Duh! Haha! Bettie Page was such a natural beauty. She didn’t just do lingerie and fetish shoots but also more “Cheesecake Pinup” shots which I show here in my cherry looks. 🍒 For my hair, I did a beautiful wet set waves and since my Bettie bangs are grown out, I found my clip on Bettie Bangs.
Bettie was such a natural beauty. She didn’t fuss with a lot of eyeliner or heavy makeup. She just wore powder, mascara, and of course red lip stick, which I recreated in my photo sets. Here are a few of my cherry cheesecake photos but stay tuned for part 2 of this to see more sexy photos of my baby sis Peggy and me! Make sure to watch out for our matching flasks!