MUCH WATCH THIS VIDEO, MAKEUP TUTORIAL, AND MAKEUP REVEIW ON THIS FABULOUS INDEPENDENT MAKEUP AND BEAUTY COMPANY CALLED BEAUTY BAKERIE MAKEUP!!!!!! You will love this video and tutorial and review and please leave your feedback here in the comments here or on carliemichellesoratartworld.wordpress, and on my youtube channel with any suggestions that you want me to include in my work, Thank you and enjoy!
Hello to all my friends. I know the majority of you know that besides this and my art site, I have a youtube channel. I’ve posted many of my youtube videos here. Because I have a place to film and a place to blog and write my articles, I thought I would post some tips that are very helpful if you’re thinking of creating your own blog and channel. Hope these help you start your own fantastic media sites.
TIPS FOR STARTING A BLOG:
1. Before even beginning setting up your page, think carefully about the your idea and the things that you wan’t to talk about. When I started Bombshell, I knew I wanted it to not just be about Pinup but also music, and horror films, etc., which is why I included all those things in my bombshell description on my main title page.
2. Decide what blog company site you want to use. I personally really like WordPress but there are other great blog domain sites that are out that, some that I’ve used in the past.
3. Think long and hard before choosing a domain name. Make sure it fits with your blog and website theme. Also search different sites before you settle on the price of your domain name and how long you have it before you renew it. Different sites very.
My other blog site: http://www.carliemichellesoratartworld.com
TIPS FOR STARTING A YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
1. Think of a good channel name that represents yourself and what you plan on making videos about. It can be simple like mine, Carlie Michelle.
2. Don’t start a youtube channel just for money. It took me a long time to get a lot of subscribers and I only have 7,000 which may sound a lot, and it is, but not compared to channels like beauty gurus who have over a million subscribers. (This helpful tip can relate to your blog and website.) I make videos because I really enjoy making them. I love talking about important topics, have rants sometimes, do beauty videos, tutorials, etc. It’s really fun and I get satisfaction knowing that some people enjoy my content and it inspires certain people, such as my younger cousins.
3. I recommend doing a or a few demo videos to check the lighting of your camera, even if it’s your Iphone camera. There are different size circle lights that you can get many places including online that aren’t always expensive. Those can help get your preferred lighting. Below this, I’m going to post an early youtube video I shot with not the best lighting because I hadn’t the right equipment yet and needed to learn my best lighting technique. Then I’ll post a more recent, clearer video with better lighting so you can see the different. Click this tip for one of my video links: https://youtu.be/KMc2_260RF4
Earlier video of mine with dark lighting where you could barely see me. Showing these both so you can tell the difference. My youtube channel is Carlie Michelle.
*** THE MOST IMPORTANT THING ABOUT CREATING A BLOG AND WEBSITE AND A YOUTUBE CHANNEL IS TO HAVE FUN WITH IT AND TO ALWAYS BE CONFIDENT IN YOURSELF NO MATTER WHAT!!!!! I HOPE THESE TIPS HELP YOU IF YOU ARE WANTING TO START EITHER OF THESE PLATFORMS AND FEEL FREE TO ALWAYS ASK ME QUESTIONS. LOTS OF LOVE! XOXO CARLIE
I’m writing this post as yet another collaboration with my girl Sarah aka lifewithlilred.com. If you haven’t seen our past collabs, definitely type in her name into my search bar and check us out. For my new subscribers who may not know this, she was the first girl I met when I started bombshell and we’ve been great girlfriends since then. And by the way Sarah, we must skype again soon so we can plan you coming to visit me. hehe.
Anyways, Sarah likes getting other bloggers to collab with her for certain topics. For example, this article I’m writing for her and I is about SUMMER, whether it’s makeup tips, the best places to go to the beach, travel, etc. which I think is a great idea and I think I’m going to be doing that more on my sites.
My summer topic is how to get flawless skin for Summer super quickly. For this, you will need your favorite powder foundations, a Kabuki Brush, a cream concealer, and possibly a brightening powder and a waterproof setting powder. No setting spray this time. I’ll be taking you step by step and my product recommendations for this look.
OH ONE MORE THING, this quick way of having flawless skin isn’t only for summer. When I travel and want to do site seeing, I don’t usually want to fuss with wetting a beauty blender and applying liquid foundation and then having to set it before it creases. I safe my higher end full face makeup looks for special occasions, like if I have dinner reservations at a fancy restaurant.
Ok here we go.
First step: is to have your face washed and toned (duh) and apply a nice moisturizer that isn’t to thick and is for the day time.
Second step: Take your kabuki brush and your loose powder foundation. I love Bare Minerals loose original powder, from when Bare Minerals first launched, or their loose Matte Bare Minerals foundation powder. For my Kabuki Brush, my favorite one is also from Bare Minerals but feel free to use whatever kabuki brush you want. You can find them everywhere. I just like the Bare Minerals one because it holds the product really well because of it’s shape so you don’t have to use very much product. Open the lid to your loose foundation powder, pour a little into the lid, take your kabuki brush and swirl the product onto the brush. Tap any excess and swirl and buff the powder into your face all over. (OH AND ANOTHER REASON I LIKE BARE MINERALS, ESPECIALLY FOR SUMMER IS THAT IT HAS SUNSCREEN IN IT SO IT MAKES YOUR FACE SAFE FROM THE SUN AND FLAWLESS AT THE SAME TIME!)
Third Step: Take your concealer and touch up any imperfections, like pimples or dark circles by dotting it right on. For this, I recommend Studio Fix Concealer by MAC. After you finish concealing, take your compact or powder puff with the powder foundation and press it into the areas where you applied the concealer. Make sure not to smear the concealer. You can use your loose foundation powder or for more coverage, I recommend Studio Fix Powder Foundation Compact from MAC. After you set the concealer, take your kabuki brush and blend in a tiny bit more of your foundation powder so everything looks seamlessly. (That’s one of the great benefits of powder foundation, even if you mess up or have to retouch during the day, it’s so much easier than having to remove half of your face or dig through your tote for liquid foundation or setting powder.)
Last Step: You are done making your skin look flawless for summer! I don’t recommend setting spray with the powders because if you do need to reapply throughout the day, the areas you sprayed can leave creases where it might be hard to get that flawless look.
Here are some additional tips and tricks that you can add to this routine but it’s just optional. If your eyes still have dark circles underneath after you’ve already applied you concealer and powder, you can use a brightening powder for under your eyes. My go to is the “Secret Brightening Powder for Under Eyes,” by Laura Mercier. Also if you plan on going swimming and want to make sure your easy flawless skin look will last, I recommend the Urban Decay “All Nighter” waterproof setting powder.
Hope you all enjoyed these tips, tricks, and short routine on how to get flawless summer skin in under ten minutes.
Good morning everyone. It’s 8:08 am here and having my coffee out of my BRAND NEW “Fueled by Crystals and Coffee,” which is perfect and I’m so glad I found it because you all know I collect crystals and do crystal magic. I also am an avid coffee mug collector.
Today’s Sunday Morning Coffee Chat is important. You all know I have A LOT of beauty and makeup knowledge from learning things on my own, learning different products and their ingredients, working in cosmetics, etc, and it seems to me that the vast majority of younger girls and boys like teenagers/early 20’s care more about makeup than actually taking care of their skin. They don’t usually have a skincare routine, or won’t wash their makeup off before bed which is my BIGGEST MAKEUP PET PEEVE.
Here’s a perfect example, when I worked in cosmetics at Macy’s, there were two girls who one was 19 who wore so much makeup I thought she was 40 and the other girl was 20. Both of them are sweet girls, that I’m still in contact with and I’M DEFINITELY NOT BASHING THEM, but they both always wore so much makeup to work, which makes sense because we are dealing with makeup and beauty, and one of them admitted to me she rarely ever washes her face before she goes to bed, not even with a makeup remover wipe which aren’t always the best at getting everything off either. I was very grossed out hearing that. After the two girls quit, they came into visit and neither of them had no makeup on at all and both of their faces had MASSIVE BREAKOUTS. The cause of that is mainly if not completely, not washing your face before bed and have a skincare routine.
No matter your age, the sooner you get into a good skincare routine and learn basic skin issues like how to not cause breakouts, the better. My mom, who at 65 has beautiful skin with not botox or fillers, taught me at a very young age to always take care of my skin and if I had any breakouts, I knew how to clear them up fast because of how my mom taught me and those tips and tricks she shared with me, I still use to this day.
The last important thing about why you should always take care of your skin, which by the way, if you don’t know your skin type or don’t know how to take care of your skin, go to a dermatologist. There is nothing wrong with that, they are all over, and they don’t cost a lot to see. The last important thing is that the more your skin is fresh and clear and smooth, you won’t have to cake on the makeup as much if ever, and it will shorten your beauty routine and save your some money on makeup. Face makeup is to cover imperfections but if you don’t have any, why waste your time and money using it?
Anyways everyone, thank you for checking out another edition to “Sunday Morning Coffee Chat” with Carlie. Wishing everyone a magical and beautiful day.
I love going to book shops. I don’t like kindle very much. Especially for certain books of mine, I like to dog ear chapters or pages that I know will help me a lot. Anyways, I went through my book collection and I wanted to share some recommendations if you who want to get into burlesque, want to read on how to create vintage, besides, pinup looks, for beginners or even if you’re not a beginner, all these books have great writing, great tips and ideas, detailed instructions on how to create the different hair and makeup looks, get some Rock and Roll tips and stories, and more.
I have already reviewed Dita Von Teese’s,” Your Beauty Mark” in a huge article review on her book as well as a huge review on the book “Audrey Style” by Pamela Clarke Keogh. Please make sure to read the reviews I did on those two books and leave your likes and comments on it and follow my site if you haven’t already.
Thank you and here are some of my top favorite books that I recommend for you. Hope you enjoy them and even if you only check out one of the books and read it, you’ll love it and will help you on your vintage, pinup, and glamour journey.
1. “It’s All That Glitters, Portraits of Burlesque Performers in Their Homes.” You’ll love this book, it’s the most stunning and glam households book I own.
2. “The Burlesque Handbook” by Headmistress Jo Weldon. If you want to get into the gorgeous performing sisterhood, this is the book for you. It is the perfect book for beginners and it Jo teaches all her signature tricks and has some great anecdotes. This was the first book I bought when I want to start the art of Burlesque. Even if you have been performing burlesque, you might want to still check out this book for extra stunts, tips, tricks, and more from the stunning HeadMistress Jo Weldon.
3. “Vintage Beauty Parlor” This is a great book to help you achieve flawless hair and make up in iconic and vintage styles.
4. “Style Me Vintage” (Step by Step Retro Look Book) This is one of the best books for beginners in vintage and pinup.
5. For the Rock and Roll chicks who want some extra wicked tips if they want to be in the music scene, dress like they are, and a lot more, check out “Cherry Bomb.” It’s an awesome book.
HOPE YOU CHECK OUT THESE BOOKS AND ENJOY THEM. TAKE THE STORIES AND TIPS THAT YOU LIKE AND THAT ARE USEFUL, DISREGARD THE INFORMATION THAT DOESN’T NECESSARILY PERTAIN TO YOU, AND ENJOY THESE FABULOUS READS!!!!
XOXO CARLIE MICHELLE
I love the winter time except for one thing what it does to me skin. It definitely can be drying to the skin, and I don’t have dry skin normally. These are the best moisturizers that I love using for winter. Some of these I’ve mentioned in past beauty reviews but I added some new ones. These all work wonderfully for you if you have very dry skin during this cold season.
Blue Glamglow Thirstymud hydrating treatment: This stuff is amazing, especially if you have very dry skin. You just place a good layer amount, let it soak in for about 5 to 10 minutes and then either rince or rub the excess product in which is what I do.
Glamglow Flasmud brightening treatment: If you skin tends to be extremely dull or dry this time of the year, definitely try this brightening mask on. It has a scrub in it to get rid of the yucky dead skin while brightening your complexion one warning thought, after you remove the scrub, you must wear a sunscreen, even its cold out because it will protect your skin from pollutants and any chemical looking burns. I’ve never had any trouble with this priduct.
Well my favorite face moisturizer is obviously the Soap & Glory Moisturizer with the Beauty and Sleep Accelerator. I’ve talked about how amazing this product is and it’s perfect for winter, especially if you’re traveling.
MAC Complete Comfort Cream: I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned this cream in the past but it’s a perfect cream for winter. I use it a lot this time of the year and I recommend it. MAC also has a Studio Moisture Cream that is good but the comfort cream is better.
The best hydrating eye cream that I’ve tried and have used for awhile is the Rose Hydrating gel eye cream by FRESH!
Another great eye cream that is moisturizing and gets rid of puffy eyes is the Soap & Glory Puffy Attack-Turbo-boost hydragel.
I normally stick to my my HEMP lotion, which is amazing but when my legs are extremely dry and the HEMP isn’t working the best, I grab my huge jar of the Soap & Glory, Moisture Extreme, body moisturizer. This stuff is the best and helps the dead skin become softer on the bottom of your feet.
Hope these moisturizers, tips and tricks work for you! Leave a comment below if you’ve tried any of these products, are using them, or just have a question.
It’s been awhile since I posted a “Tips and Tricks” article so here’s some new things to try out for this month.
1. If your cuticles are constantly dry, especially since the weather is getting cooler, or if you have a tendency to get hangnails and you can’t go get a manicure as often as you want, a pair of cotton gloves and cuticle oil will help you out. You can get a pair at the drug store and apply some cuticle oil to your nails and around them and up your fingers. (I use citrus scented with real flowers inside.) When you’re finished, put on your gloves and let the oil soak into your nails and skin for atleast an hour. Your skin and cuticles will feel so much better after.
2. If you get headaches a lot or have a massive migraine but don’t want to take a lot of medicine, apply a tiny bit of peppermint oil to your temples and a drop on your forehead. Massage oil gently into your skin. In a couple of minutes, the oil and it’s aromatic healing properties will help that head pain disappear.
3. Here’s another essential oil tip. I love using essential oils for both their magical and healing properties. If you’re feeling stressed or anxious, take a few drops of lavender oil and apply a drop to both of their wrists. Also place a drop on your chest. Massage in. Lavender provides, peace and calmness . Just breathe in the delicious fragrance and it will help calm you down.
4. If you want to wear highlighter but don’t want to spend money on a highlighter pan because you don’t know if you’ll like it or just don’t want to spend extra cash on one, using eyeshadow that is a shimmer will give your face and specifically your cheek bones a lovely glow. Some good shadows that I like to play around with include Sugarpill’s “Wink” and Storybook Cosmetics Wizard and Wizardry, “Jinx” and “Bewitched.” Pressed shimmer shadows work best. If you want a more intense highlight, a pressed glitter shadow will let you achieve that look.
5. This is probably the most important and helpful tip and trick on here!
If you find yourself really hot and sweating a lot, pouring a little ice cold water on your wrist will cool down the blood and stop your sweating and hot flashes. An ice cube will do the same thing. This trick also works if you’re having an ANXIETY or PANIC attack. The coldness will help STOP them dead in their tracks.
Hope these tips and tricks help you out or just make your life a little easier.
Sending love to you all. 💝🍒