Here’s my product review “Hits or Misses,” video for the month of July. Enjoy.
Here’s my product review “Hits or Misses,” video for the month of July. Enjoy.
I did these videos because I was recently asked about what my favorite makeup products were in terms of my every day and/or emergency “go to” items, such as favorite lipsticks, powders, highlighters, etc. I did two videos because after filming the first one, I realized I forgot to include a few things. Oops. No biggie….hahaha. They were both fun to do and I hope you enjoy them.
The movie, “Beauty and the Beast,” is one of my all time favorite Disney movies so when I was online browsing and discovered Disney’s “Tale as Old as Time,” eye shadow palette, I definitely needed to check it out. As you guys know, I am a sucker for creative and unique packaging, which I know I mention a lot, and when I saw this particular packaging, I had to get it. I received my order a few days ago and instantly began trying out and playing with the makeup. The palette looks like a fairy tale book, and when you open it up, on the left are the images of some of the movie characters and mirror looks like the magic mirror. It also comes with a little shadow brush.
This palette comes with twelve beautiful shades, six matte colors and six shimmery colors and they are all stamped with a rose, which I thought was a very pretty touch. All the shade names are all so cute and the colors are beautiful and all work well together which is something I look for when it comes to makeup palettes.
I was very impressed with the quality of this makeup, especially because I wasn’t sure what to expect. The eye shadows feel so smooth and creamy to the touch and blends beautifully with each other as well as other brands. When I first swatched the colors, I was very surprised and happy with the pigment. The directions written on the back of the palette say to apply each color alone or blend the shades to create a signature look. Layer for a bolder look, or sweep lightly for a hint of color. The shades complement all skin tones and the pigment is long lasting. It’s also cruelty free. You can find this palette online through Hot Topic and I believe even if you go on Amazon you might be able to find it also but might be a different price.
Besides the “Beauty and Beast,” eyeshadow palette, I also found these beautiful red rose makeup brushes through Sela Beauty but I think you can find other rose brush styles through other places online. You just need to look them up. They come in a pack of six and give a choice of what kind of stem you want. I bought the brushes with the pink and green stem handle because they looked exactly like the “enchanted rose,” from the film. The brushes include two fluffy powder brushes, one kabuki brush, two blush and contour brushes, and one smaller brush which can be used for highlighting. You can also find and get rose shadow brushes as well. The only issue I had with these brushes is that you have to examine them closely to see which brush is which. Besides that, I thought these brushes were lovely. They aren’t super heavy but still have a good quality to them. They are so soft and apply makeup very well and not harsh on the skin.
These products aren’t a big luxury brand, but are definitely not cheap. I still love it and definitely recommend checking it out if you’re looking for something different and fun. It’s fun, whimsical, and magical.
These are products that people don’t always think about to think to incorporate into their skincare and make up regimen. I was one of those people a long time ago until I learned about these products when they first hit the beauty market and tried them out. After I first tried them, I wondered how I ever went without using these. All these products can make a huge difference when doing your makeup and skin care as well as changing and improving your skin. Of course you can get away with not using any of these items but once you try them, I guarantee that you’ll have a hard time not including them in your daily beauty ritual.
1. Toner- One of the main benefits of toning your skin is that it rids your skin of impurities. Facial toners are used after washing your face and before moisturizing your skin and can be used day and/or night. If you use a toner at night after removing your makeup, you rid your face of any excess makeup and oil residue that your remover and cleanser might not get. If your skin tends to be oily or acne-prone, toners can help a lot in clearing up and improving the quality of your skin.
To tone your skin, apply a dime to quarter size amount to a cotton pad/ball and gently rub it on your face. Never be harsh to your skin. You’ll be able to actually see all the impurities that were left behind on the pad. Once you’re done toning, apply your moisturizer as usual. Once you start toning on a regular basis, you’ll be able to see a difference pretty quickly in the appearance and feel of your skin.
Here are some of favorite toners. You’ve probably seen and read my reviews on some of these in the past. That’s how much I like and recommend these.
FRESH Rose deep hydration facial toner with rose petal
FRESH Rose floral toner spray- infused with soothing rosewater
THAYERS Natural Remedies, alcohol-free witch hazel toner
BENEFIT moisture prep toning lotion
2. Face Primer- The main function of a makeup primer is to increase the wear and longevity of your makeup. You apply it to your skin and usually wait a minute to let it work on your skin before you apply your makeup. Makeup primers even out the surface of your skin and doesn’t allow makeup to seep into your pores which can cause skin issues such as acne. Primers can help smooth any fine lines, wrinkles, and minimize pores. There is an endless amount of face primers on the market. They make them for all different skin types and some also have a “blurring effect,” which can camouflage imperfections and give you a flawless complexion. They can be worn with or without makeup. Some primers can also double as moisturizers as well.
Some of my favorite face primers include,
BOBBI BROWN Vitamin Enriched Face Base
STILA One step correct, skin tone correcting and brightening serum
SOAP & GLORY One Heck of a Blot Primer, instant perfecting power primer, with shine bloc 12 hr Matte Spheres and PORE-SHRINK technology
3. Eye Lid/Shadow Primer- You know when you wet your eye shadow brush to intensify the color and pigment of eye shadow? Eyeshadow primer does the same thing but better. People ask why you can’t use face primer on your eye lids and it’s because a lot of regular primers aren’t safe around the delicate area of your eyes. Lid primer like makeup primer keeps your makeup in place specifically your eye makeup from fading and shifting. It keeps your shadow from creasing as well which is always a good thing. A lot of people use their concealer as eye lid primer but I personally like the actual eye shadow primers better
Another purpose and tip for lid primer is to apply it under your eyes before you apply under eye concealer to keep it from creasing just like it prevents creasing on your eye shadow.
Suggested eye shadow primers,
THE BALM- Put a Lid on it, eyelid primer
M.A.C- Pro Longer Paint Pot
URBAN DECAY- Eyeshadow Primer Potion
4. Lip Scrub- Using a lip scrub definitely makes a difference when applying your lipstick. The purpose of a lip scrub is to get rid of the dead skin to make your lips smoother and easier to apply lip color and to make it look more even. It gently exfoliates your lips and leave them feeling extra soft and supple. If your lips are prone to to being chapped, scrubs can help that problem. Many lip scrubs also smell and taste yummy because of the sugar in the scrub and if the scrub is vegan, they are also edible. I prefer vegan edible lip scrubs.
These are my favorite lip scrubs:
JEFFREE STAR COSMETICS velour lip scrub in Strawberry Gum
BURT’S BEE’S sugar scrub
CHAPSTICK hydration lip scrub
HERE IS A LITTLE RECIPE ON MAKING YOUR OWN SCRUB AS WELL:
INGREDIENTS – Tablespoon of brown sugar or white sugar
-A dash of honey (just enough to make the sugar really stick together) OR a bit of olive oil/coconut oil
-A teeny tiny little drop of vanilla (it makes it smell yummy, but isn’t necessary.)
-A small container
DIRECTIONS AND HOW TO USE-
Mix a tablespoon of brown sugar with just enough honey (or olive oil) to get it to stick together. Once a week (twice at the very max) rub the scrub onto your lips, vigorously enough to loosen the dead skin.
Let it sit for 1 minute, and then wipe off with a damp washcloth. Apply lip balm after use.
5. Makeup Setting Spray- Setting Spray is the “TOPCOAT” to your makeup. It’s similar to a makeup primer. It keeps your makeup in place and keep it lasting throughout the day. Especially during this time of the year where the weather is getting hotter and hotter, setting spray is essential in keeping your makeup from melting and sliding off your face. You obviously apply setting spray when you’re finished with your makeup but you can also spray it throughout the day to refresh your look and to keep your skin hydrated.
My top favorite making sprays include,
URBAN DECAY ALL NIGHTER long-lasting spray
M.A.C Prep and Prime Fix
MAKEUP FOREVER Mist and Fix
*I did not take these product photos.
These are products and items that I tried that I either loved or didn’t love for the month of June. Enjoy both videos.
Check out my latest hot and fun makeup tutorial! It incorporates the fun and my twin Buttercup from the cute Cartoon Network show, Powerpuff Girls. Enjoy and subscribe to my youtube channel if you haven’t already. And of course follow my blog here!
“Once upon a time, there were three sisters who never stopped believing in Fairy Tales… and they all lived happily every after!”
I’ve been practicing witchcraft and spirituality since I was about twelve and when I first heard about this new makeup brand, I knew I had to have it. It took awhile for me to get it because it sold out right away but were able to get the witchy brushes right away. Last night I received my palette finally and had to do a a part one and two makeup tutorial today.
The eye shadow colors are named, BROOMSTICK, SORCERER, CLOAK, POTIONS, PROPHECY, SALEM, MERLIN, BEWITCHED, CAULDRON, SPELLBOOK, CHARMS, AND JINX.
I hope you enjoy! Also to be sure to check out their website: https://storybookcosmetics.com/