My wonderful girlfriend Retro Dee and I decided for our latest collaboration, we would recreate the cute Little Twin Stars that we both loved as a child. For this collaboration, I am LaLa with my pink hair and makeup while Dee portrayed Kiki with her blue and teal hair and makeup. We both made our photos look vintage/polaroid style which look completely amazing. Dee and I look so cute in our matching Little Twin Stars tops as well. Enjoy our photos and stay tuned for the next collaboration, Retro Dee and I already have in the works and make sure to check out her amazing Retro Vintage Blog: retrodee.wordpress.com
The makeup I wore was from my special edition Sugarpill Cosmetics, Little Twin Stars collection, duh. On my eyes, I wore “Sky Candy,” and under my brow bone, I wore “Dream Dust” and “Cloud Maker.” I used my gorgeous La Mer setting powder and on my lips I used the Sugarpill Little Twin Star liquid lipstick in “Lala,” but also did a few extra shots at the end wearing my matching Little Twin Star lipstick in, “Kiki.”
Hello to all my friends. I know the majority of you know that besides this and my art site, I have a youtube channel. I’ve posted many of my youtube videos here. Because I have a place to film and a place to blog and write my articles, I thought I would post some tips that are very helpful if you’re thinking of creating your own blog and channel. Hope these help you start your own fantastic media sites.
TIPS FOR STARTING A BLOG:
1. Before even beginning setting up your page, think carefully about the your idea and the things that you wan’t to talk about. When I started Bombshell, I knew I wanted it to not just be about Pinup but also music, and horror films, etc., which is why I included all those things in my bombshell description on my main title page.
2. Decide what blog company site you want to use. I personally really like WordPress but there are other great blog domain sites that are out that, some that I’ve used in the past.
3. Think long and hard before choosing a domain name. Make sure it fits with your blog and website theme. Also search different sites before you settle on the price of your domain name and how long you have it before you renew it. Different sites very.
My other blog site: http://www.carliemichellesoratartworld.com
TIPS FOR STARTING A YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
1. Think of a good channel name that represents yourself and what you plan on making videos about. It can be simple like mine, Carlie Michelle.
2. Don’t start a youtube channel just for money. It took me a long time to get a lot of subscribers and I only have 7,000 which may sound a lot, and it is, but not compared to channels like beauty gurus who have over a million subscribers. (This helpful tip can relate to your blog and website.) I make videos because I really enjoy making them. I love talking about important topics, have rants sometimes, do beauty videos, tutorials, etc. It’s really fun and I get satisfaction knowing that some people enjoy my content and it inspires certain people, such as my younger cousins.
3. I recommend doing a or a few demo videos to check the lighting of your camera, even if it’s your Iphone camera. There are different size circle lights that you can get many places including online that aren’t always expensive. Those can help get your preferred lighting. Below this, I’m going to post an early youtube video I shot with not the best lighting because I hadn’t the right equipment yet and needed to learn my best lighting technique. Then I’ll post a more recent, clearer video with better lighting so you can see the different. Click this tip for one of my video links: https://youtu.be/KMc2_260RF4
Earlier video of mine with dark lighting where you could barely see me. Showing these both so you can tell the difference. My youtube channel is Carlie Michelle.
*** THE MOST IMPORTANT THING ABOUT CREATING A BLOG AND WEBSITE AND A YOUTUBE CHANNEL IS TO HAVE FUN WITH IT AND TO ALWAYS BE CONFIDENT IN YOURSELF NO MATTER WHAT!!!!! I HOPE THESE TIPS HELP YOU IF YOU ARE WANTING TO START EITHER OF THESE PLATFORMS AND FEEL FREE TO ALWAYS ASK ME QUESTIONS. LOTS OF LOVE! XOXO CARLIE
I got these inspirational quotes from my fellow blogger and article friend, empoweredeverydayblog.wordpress, which you must check out the everyday inspirational quotes on that site. This is what I woke to a few minutes ago and it put a great smile on my face.
The first two YouTube channels you need to check out, AFTER YOU CHECK OUT and SUBSCRIBE to MY CHANNEL, we’re recommeded to me by one of my best friends Jordan Giuliani.
The first YouTube channel recommendation is, “Lair of Voltaire.” He does amazing DIY gothic projects for his lair and for the last two months he’s been checking out stores like Target, JoAnn’s, etc., which has inspired me a lot with his ideas.
The second YouTube channel Jordan recommended to me is called, “Maven of the Eventide,” where she reviews many, many, many vampire books, except maybe “Twilight.” Hahaha. Even if you’re not into Vampires, the way Maven speaks is very dramatic and funny. She puts on a Bela Legosa accent when she introduces her self and it’s so funny. I love her.
The last YouTube channel that I ran into is Ms. Sara Monster! I am obsessed with her. She is so gorgeous and does beauty tips for rock and roll/ goth girls like the perfect black lipstick, how she quickly does her makeup and hair before she goes to work, and reviews products and a lot more. I met her through YouTube and are becoming friends through Instagram. She’s a sweetheart and definitely recommend her.
“Curious Creations by Christine McConnell” You can watch Christine on Netflix and can see previews of her on her YouTube channel. She makes the coolest spooky inspired food, from starters to mains, to dessert. I’ve been inspired in making some of her delicious delicacies.
I follow and love many blogs but my favorite spooky DIY blog is “Me and Annabel Lee.” She makes a lot of amazing DIY pieces plus she has a fantastic store that I might be buying from her soon. She also helped me a lot when I became part of the Samhain Society which I’m very grateful for!