I love going to book shops. I don’t like kindle very much. Especially for certain books of mine, I like to dog ear chapters or pages that I know will help me a lot. Anyways, I went through my book collection and I wanted to share some recommendations if you who want to get into burlesque, want to read on how to create vintage, besides, pinup looks, for beginners or even if you’re not a beginner, all these books have great writing, great tips and ideas, detailed instructions on how to create the different hair and makeup looks, get some Rock and Roll tips and stories, and more.
I have already reviewed Dita Von Teese’s,” Your Beauty Mark” in a huge article review on her book as well as a huge review on the book “Audrey Style” by Pamela Clarke Keogh. Please make sure to read the reviews I did on those two books and leave your likes and comments on it and follow my site if you haven’t already.
Thank you and here are some of my top favorite books that I recommend for you. Hope you enjoy them and even if you only check out one of the books and read it, you’ll love it and will help you on your vintage, pinup, and glamour journey.
1. “It’s All That Glitters, Portraits of Burlesque Performers in Their Homes.” You’ll love this book, it’s the most stunning and glam households book I own.
2. “The Burlesque Handbook” by Headmistress Jo Weldon. If you want to get into the gorgeous performing sisterhood, this is the book for you. It is the perfect book for beginners and it Jo teaches all her signature tricks and has some great anecdotes. This was the first book I bought when I want to start the art of Burlesque. Even if you have been performing burlesque, you might want to still check out this book for extra stunts, tips, tricks, and more from the stunning HeadMistress Jo Weldon.
3. “Vintage Beauty Parlor” This is a great book to help you achieve flawless hair and make up in iconic and vintage styles.
4. “Style Me Vintage” (Step by Step Retro Look Book) This is one of the best books for beginners in vintage and pinup.
5. For the Rock and Roll chicks who want some extra wicked tips if they want to be in the music scene, dress like they are, and a lot more, check out “Cherry Bomb.” It’s an awesome book.
HOPE YOU CHECK OUT THESE BOOKS AND ENJOY THEM. TAKE THE STORIES AND TIPS THAT YOU LIKE AND THAT ARE USEFUL, DISREGARD THE INFORMATION THAT DOESN’T NECESSARILY PERTAIN TO YOU, AND ENJOY THESE FABULOUS READS!!!!
XOXO CARLIE MICHELLE