I did this video yesterday and wanted to also post it here besides my youtube channel to talk about fashion and style. I’m all about having confidence in yourself and to always exude confidence in whatever you’re wearing. In my video here, I talk about how to not let others try to bring you down or make you feel weird or bad if you look a certain way and/or dress well when you make a run to the store or something along those lines, as well as what to do when other people attempt to try to make you feel bad about what you look like or whatever your style is. Hope you enjoy it. I would like to thank all my friends and followers for not only supporting my blog but also my youtube channel. I truly appreciate it.
Here is the last part of my vintage pinup makeup tutorial/demo. This is all about the lips and a few fun extra tidbits! And of course the products used and shown in this video are listed at the bottom. Enjoy!
1. Lip Primer-Too Faced “Lip Insurance” in “Original.”
2. Lip Liner- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on lip pencil in “Frenemy.”
3. Lipstick-Urban Decay Vice Lipstick in “Savage.”
4. Lip brush-Real Techniques
5. Setting Spray- “Pure Bliss,” Makeup Setting Spray
This video shows how to do a naturally beautiful vintage pinup eye makeup look from shadow, eye-liner, lashes, brows, and more.
Underneath my video is the products I talked about and used in this video demo!
Hope you enjoy!
- Eye Primer- Urban Decay Eye Primer in “Original.”
- Eye Shadows- Sugar Pill in “Tako,” and Revlon Colorstay, 16 Hour eye shadow in “Addictive (500)”
- Eye Curler- Shiseido
- Eye Liner(s)- Kat Von D tattoo liner in “Trooper,” and Makeup Forever Graphic Liner. NOTE: I like to sometimes layer my eyeliners to get more of a beautiful shiny black wing so I definitely combine them at times. If you do this, depending on what liner you use, make sure to have a steady hand and to not layer them all at once. Let atleast one of the liners dry before drawing on top of them. But you ALL KNOW THIS TIP, feel free to always experiment to see what you like and what looks good on you, but not when you’re in a rush.
- Mascara-L’oreal Voluminous Butterfly in “Black/Noir.”
- Eyebrow Makeup- Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade in “Chocolate.”
- Eyebrow Gel- Anastasia Clear Brow Gel
When I came home from work today, I thought of a few new fashion tips and tricks and definitely wanted to share:
1. If you are trying to put an a outfit together for work the next day but don’t know if it will look good put together. Instead of making a fashion list like I do a lot, take a selfie shot in the mirror in the clothing and accessories you want to wear. You can also do this with hair and makeup so you remember what makeup look and hair style you want to do in the morning.
2. Always hang your next day outfit in your closet the night before. This way in the morning you can cut your time in half in getting ready in the morning which is great if you have to start work early.
Showing off my victory rolls with my little vintage red hat! Love when people at work ask me if I can do hair for them and/or compliment me on my look. Definitely makes me feel good. Here’s my hair do from yesterday.
By request from my followers and fans, here’s my second slow video dancing to Jessica Lange’s version of “Gods and Monsters,” from American Horror Story Freakshow. That’s why I’m rocking my hot FREAKSHOW tank here. Touch of Rob Z at the end but goes with my dancing here beautifully. Check it out and like on youtube please as well. Thank you and enjoy!
How perfect is this song for here? One of my favorite Powerman 5000, aka Rob Zombie’s baby brother, Spyder. Loved dancing and making this music video.v
You all know I’m a dancer and performer and love dancing in general so yesterday after I did my post on Kreepsville666, I did a sexy fun dance video in slo motion to the song, “SEVENTEEN YEAR LOCUST” by one of my favorite musicians and one of the greats, Rob Zombie! This was so much fun to do!
Ok so there is a brand new girl at my job and she is a makeup artist and beauty coordinator like me. She started at my job a few weeks ago but since I was in Vegas for one of the weeks, I didn’t meet her until yesterday and immediately it was love at first sight. Her name is Caitlin and during our morning meeting, I noticed her right away; her raven black hair, red lipstick, alabaster skin. I was thinking that this girl looks amazing. Once the meeting was over and work was about to start, Caitlin came up to me and said that she was so happy that there was another girl in cosmetics with a similar style to her. I told her I felt the same way. We laughed and chatted a bit about some of the same things we liked and I decided we were kindred spirits. We then started telling people we were sisters because we almost looked exactly the same. It was a lot of fun tricking some of the woman there and I think Caitlin will continue to tell people that we are sisters cause even though I just met her, I feel like she is my sis. Work was definitely fun.
I wanted to blog about her not only because she is awesome, but because she represents a lot of the themes I have to my blog such as, she is a rock and roll chick like me, has a sexy alternative style, (Clothing and makeup,) we share the love for the same bands, OUR LOVE FOR THE HORROR GENRE, AND more. The fact the we have both been to the same goth style bars such as “Bar Sinister,” in L.A, love the same music, and love the gothic scene, and more, is amazing.
I did a little video of her to introduce her and I’m sure I’ll blog about her soon but thought you would love these beautiful photos of us and video of Caitlin.
Make sure to check out her amazing photos on her instagram, https://www.instagram.com/caitlinmaxsonn/?hl=en
Love you girl and THANK YOU CAITLIN FOR THE “FOUND MY TWIN, snap chat photo!
This is a little youtube video of me talking about some makeup and hair advice. I’m going to be making more youtube vids for my channel, CarlieMichelle, but want to show off them here too.
Here are some tips and tricks and photos on creating your own look and style, whether you want to create a pinup, vintage, psychobilly or regular everyday look.
First tip is that when you want to practice a new makeup or hair look, make sure you give yourself enough time. Don’t do it before work or if you have to be somewhere fast because god forbid you don’t like how your look looks, you probably won’t have enough time to fix it. This is also a good tip so you don’t stress yourself out by having to re wash your face or brush out your hair and make your self late.
Another good trick is to practice your makeup and hair looks on a day where you don’t have to work or do a lot so you can work on the particular style you are trying to create. You won’t have to worry about rushing or give yourself anxiety or stress. This will give yourself enough time to practice.
Here are some closeup pics of me in the style I’m rocking in my vid above! Hope you enjoy and hope these tips help.
Makeup, hair, and style should always be fun and not a stressful event. Practicing will of course help but the best and MOST IMPORTANT THING TO REMEMBER IS TO ALWAYS HAVE FUN WITH YOUR LOOK! THAT’S WHAT IT’S ALL ABOUT!!!!