Here are her links so you can check out her stuff:
I’ve been wanting to do this article for awhile now. I’m not talking about how your house will never be a home unless you have specific items. This article is about not listening to other people who are blatantly telling you what your home should look like, otherwise it wouldn’t be your home, it would be their’s.
To create an environment that you are comfortable and in love with here are a few tips and ideas. First, think about what your personality and interests are. Are you big into sports? Are you a music lover? Do you like Modern art, etc.?
Also don’t feel that your house has to have one style such as contemporary, modern, etc. I love mixing different styles. I love being creative.
Using my house as an example, my style is not just one thing. I have mostly vintage pieces mixed with rock and roll, movie posters that have great significance to me, a sugar skulls, and a lot of magical pieces and hanging art that both my husband and I did. My house is very eclectic. Even though I have more than one theme to my home style, I’ve made it so it all coincides together.
You don’t necessarily need to have a lot of money when furnishing and decorating your house. If you can afford custom furniture, that’s great but if you can’t, you can still have really cool furniture pieces by DIY.
For example, you can take a table, like a small TV tray table or a cheap nightstand from good will and decorate it with images that you love from magazines or clippings and then seal them with strong adhesive. I’ve done that in the past and have had great results with it. You can also paint and repurpose furniture. Goodwill, flea markets, Target, and consignment shops are great places to check out and search for hidden treasures if you’re on a budget. If you need help on doing DIY furniture, there are many youtube tutorials that can help you out. This image below is from a DIY youtube channel. You just need to explore different channels.
Another tip is that if you have your home a particular style but find a piece of art, a special object, or something that doesn’t go with your decorative style, but you can’t live without it, definitely buy it. If you really love it, you’ll be able to incorporate into your decorations at your home.
Below are a few items from my home in different genres just to give you an idea how more than one style can work in your home.
Hope these ideas, tips, and tricks help you create your own livable and lovable space.
I did a hot Jeffree Star themed photo shoot today and it was very sexy and fun. For the shoot, I dressed up in the first piece of clothing I ever bought from Jeffree Star Cosmetics which was the sexy black vegan vest with the pink lip ammunition and star ensignia that you see here. I got so into this rock and roll themed shoot, I had to wear my hot, punk rock black and blue wig. Since my first JS clothing purchase, I have bought a bunch more. And don’t get me started on all the JS makeup I own. In today’s photoshoot, with the exceptions of my wig, bottoms and shoes, I wore nothing but Jeffree Star. I truly love all of Jeffree’s products and when it comes to the makeup, all the formulas, such as the lipstick formula is top notch. It doesn’t make your lips feel super dry like other liquid lipstick brands do and is very easy to apply.
I’m losing count on all the Jeffree Star lipsticks (liquid and the lip ammunition) I have and will be buying more soon I’m sure.
The SKIN FROST highlights are amazing too and I already know what color I want to get next.
I could go on and on about how much I love Jeffree’s products!
Enjoy these photos from my “Androgny,” shoot plus my youtube video tutorial. PLEASE ENJOY AND THANK YOU TO FABULOUS JEFFREE STAR!!!!!!
I’ve gotten asked a lot of questions of what are some essentials to creating your own rockabilly look if you are just starting out or if you want to incorporate a little vintage flair into your everyday look and style, and I’ve decided to list 10 essential accessories that can start you off creating your own rockabilly look. Here’s a video of me showing different accessories but I also provided more close-up photos to give you an idea.
** This blog post and video are just ideas to inspire you. Make your own style your own and most importantly, have fun with your look!
1. High Waisted Shorts/Pants/Capries
2. Cardigans- Pick out at any cardigan that shoots you, for example, animal print, flowers, cupcakes, etc. Button the top button and you definitely have a rockabilly, vintage, pinup look.
3. Everyday purse- For a rockabilly purse for running errands, have a big purse so you can keep all your purse items in them such as your makeup bag, glasses, big wallets, pens, etc.
4. Wow Purses- This means for cocktail parties, fancy dinners and more.
5. Everyday Shoes- For me, everyday shoes means wedges, flats, and espadrilles for running errands.
6. Wow Shoes- Like the wow purses above, you need a sexy pair of heels/shoes for cocktails, parties, and more.
7. Red Cotton Scarves and silk scarves- It’s great to have a collections of different scarves you like because you can wear them in a variety of ways; tied around your neck, in your back pocket, in you hair in different ways, and more.
8. Hair Flowers and Accessories- Many ways to wear flowers and cute rockabilly/vintage hair clips.
9. Jewelry- If you love or want some vintage/pinup/rockabilly jewelry, some ideas can be mermaids, anchors, compasses, and more. Whatever your taste is.
10. Sunglasses- There are so many cute rockabilly and pinup sunglasses on the market. Just a pair of sunglasses can change an ordinary outfit into a vintage look.
All photos except mermaid “EVERYDAY PURSE” I didn’t shoot!
I recently had another guest blogger spot on my girlfriend Sarah’s blog, https://lifewithlilred.com/. You all remember the fun style swap her and I did, her as a pinup rockabilly chick and me as a preppy princess and I always love collaborating with her.
This morning she posted the blog I wrote for her spring edition on her site and it had such a nice look and turn out that I wanted to put up my post here as well. The topic of course was Spring and I decided to write a blog post entitled, “Springtime Style on a Budget.” Here it is. Hope you all enjoy and make sure to follow my blog if you aren’t already and to check out my fabulous girl Sarah’s blog as well.
SPRINGTIME STYLE ON A BUDGET:
I was so happy to get a blog recognition award from my girl Sarah, whose blog link is http://www.lifewithlilred.com
Here are the rules for this:
1. Write a post about your award. 2. Write a brief story of how your blog started. 3. Give two pieces of advice to a new blogger. 4. Select 15 other bloggers you want to nominate. 5. Comment on each blog and let them know you nominated them and provide the link of the person who nominated you.
When I first decided to start a blog, I definitely wanted to do a fashion and beauty blog but not a regular basic blog, but a pinup and rock and roll style blog. When I say this, I don’t except my followers to follow my look but to learn how to create their own unique look with advice, tips, tricks, and more. I’m an artist 👨🎤 and writing is a wonderful art form that I wanted to incorporate in my blog posts.
Here are 2 advice tips I would give to new bloggers just beginning. First, start a blog that you’re passionate about. If you do that, you’ll be excited to write more about your topic. People who read that will be more excited to read it and follow your blog. The second advice tip is to never worry or give a fuck about anyone judging you and your posts. Just brush the negativity off your shoulders.
As you guys know, I’m in the process of moving and today is a perfect day for packing more of my place. It looks like it’s about to rain and I have the fire place on. I just posted a short video on me packing today but I just did this second video with some tips and tricks that can help packing a bit easier. These ideas work very well for me and I hope you get some inspiration from them if and when you are planning to move.
1. Wear comfortable clothes: In my vid here, I’m wearing my Rob Zombie Dragula top and my warm leopard pajama pants. Wearing comfortable clothes helps you move easier, especially when you are sitting down to pack or have to reach things from a top shelf.
2. Instead of wasting bubble wrap and boxes that you can save and use for other items, invest in dish and glass protective separator cases. They aren’t that expensive and are definitely worth buying. They will keep all your plates, stemware, cups, and more nice and protected without individually bubble wrapping each item. You can buy them on Amazon and many other places.
3. Instead of going out and buying big brown boxes that you have to fold together and use a lot of packing tape on, get some empty xerox paper boxes. You can usually get these at office places like Staples or even online for super cheap. These boxes hold a lot of items and don’t need to be taped up because they all come with fitted lids.
4. When buying bubble wrap, buy different size rolls. Like for example, I use the bigger bubbles for items like my paintings and glass pictures while I use the smaller bubble rolls for breakable figurines and small items. And buy more bubble wrap then you think you’ll need. It’s better to have more bubble wrap then running out of it and then having to go out and purchase more.
5.This tip wasn’t in my video but I find it a good tip, whether you’re using a moving company or a Uhaul truck, I find it’s best and a lot less stressful to keep the most breakable and important things in you car with you and follow the trucks. This way you don’t have to worry about anything breaking in another vehicle. For example, I keep my altar stuff and expensive crystal in my car and load up everything else in the trucks. I feel better when I have my most significant memorabilia with me in my car.
6. If you are going to be moving into a brand new place and don’t have a lot of stuff, I recommend buying some items before you move, like trash cans, plates, door mats and bath mats. That way you won’t have to worry about buying a lot of stuff once you’re moved in and can invest and shop for fun decorative stuff.
7. And last tip, have a “packing party,” with a group of friends and/or your significant other. This makes packing a lot of fun, especially if you have some wine there. Just make sure to be safe around sharp objects.
Hope these tips and ideas help when getting ready to move. If you have any other ideas, please feel free to leave them here and/or my above youtube video.