I did this video yesterday and wanted to also post it here besides my youtube channel to talk about fashion and style. I’m all about having confidence in yourself and to always exude confidence in whatever you’re wearing. In my video here, I talk about how to not let others try to bring you down or make you feel weird or bad if you look a certain way and/or dress well when you make a run to the store or something along those lines, as well as what to do when other people attempt to try to make you feel bad about what you look like or whatever your style is. Hope you enjoy it. I would like to thank all my friends and followers for not only supporting my blog but also my youtube channel. I truly appreciate it.
This video is later than my usual Hit or Miss video but better late than never. Hope you enjoy and please subscribe to my youtube video if you haven’t already. Thank you to all my supporters here!
In the past on my blog I’ve mentioned many things about accessorizing and that the right accessories can completely change your outfit and/or look. These are my top favorite brands to get all my favorite accessories, from pinup and vintage style to sexy boudoir, and high fashion. I strongly recommend all these brands and think that everyone will enjoy them.
(Quick side note, as many of you know, especially if you have been reading my blog for awhile now, I’ve mentioned, written, and modeled in photoshoots while reviewing fantastic companies such as Sourpuss Clothing, Hellbunny, and Kreepsville 666, which are also my favorite brands, so I decided to not include them here in this post because they will be in another article soon about my favorite clothing brands, and I have also done past blog posts about them but I love all their accessories besides the labels I mention below.)
1. Betsey Johnson- Betsey Johnson’s accessories can DEFINITELY change on how an outfit looks and can make it POP! I can’t even remember when I first fell in love with Betsey because it was so long ago. She makes the most creative and unique pieces, from her clothing to purses, to her fabulous jewelry. I’ve honestly have never seen anything from her that I didn’t love. Her jewelry pieces are probably my favorite from her. Both my mom and I collect her jewelry. Any kind of animal, theme, or popular images such as skulls, anchors, etc., she has made.
I had to include a few pictures of Betsey’s items because I have so much stuff from her. The pictures are just a small taste to my collection. I also included my leopard purse from her because it was the first Betsey Johnson purse I ever got years ago from my incredible and wonderful mom. You can find Betsey’s stuff in stores such as Macy’s or online. If you are on a budget and/or can’t afford Betsey Johnson, I definitely recommend her other brand, BetseyVille. Betseyville has very pretty and wonderful items as well and is more affordable.
2. Bettie Page shoes (From Ellie Shoes)- This is one of my favorite shoe brands. They are a vintage inspired and pinup shoe line. They have a HUGE selection of heels in every color and also have the cutest designs such as polka dots and flowers. They come in all different heel sizes so if you don’t want six inch heels, you can get a pair with wedges instead or a three inch heel. Bettie Page shoes are also Extremely comfortable. They have built in cushions which allow you to wear them all day long. Below is my sexy pair of red Bettie heels.
3. Agent Provocateur- This lingerie line has the most beautiful lingerie. I remember the first time I ever walked into their shop. They had to fit me for my underwear and the ladies who helped me were the sweetest. It was the one of the best customer service I’ve ever had. It’s definitely not a cheap brand by any means and is a very luxurious line. Even though Agent Provocateur can be expensive, the quality of their lingerie is amazing and will last you a very long time. My two lingerie sets below are from when I lived in San Francisco and discovered their store for the first time which was about fourteen years ago, and it’s still in great shape. You can go online to find store locations as well as buy from their sexy website.
4. Lux De Ville- Lux De ville makes absolutely fabulous retro and vintage style handbags as well as train cases and wallets. Their bags look like the vinyl inside of a 1950’s car and comes in all different colors and styles. They also have a shine and sparkle to them. They recently came out with a Black Widow collection which is all spiderwebs. I love the quality of their bags. One of my favorite things about them is that they come with cute keychains to attach to the handles.
Definitely check out all these cool and fun accessory brands and have fun shopping for them.
I decided to do this post because my look today wasn’t rockabilly or pinup. It was more of a retro, blue-eyed shadow, 60’s look, especially with my half up, half down bouffant. I experimented with this look in the morning and was very impressed with it. Here are the pictures I took today with my 60’s retro and vintage look. Hope you enjoy!
Under my pictures here, I’m going to list the brands and colors I use.
*MAKEUP I USED TO CREATE THIS LOOK:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EYE-SHADOW: Sugarpill Eyeshadow: “Tako White.” in the inner and out of cover of the eye and also underneath brow bone.
Urban Decay, Disney, ” Alice Through the Looking Glass” special edition palette: Blue eyeshadow, “Metamorphosis.” applied on the lid.
Disney, ” Alice Through the Looking Glass” special edition palette: Matte Brown eyeshadow “Chessboard” applied in crease.
LIPSTICK: Urban Decay, cream color in “Twitch.”
EYELINER: The same as always. I always use my pinup winged liner in “Schwing,” by “The Balm.
IF YOU WANT ME TO DO A VIDEO TUTORIAL, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! I’D BE GLAD TO DO ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love buying and collecting beautiful lingerie, especially vintage lingerie. My favorite photoshoots are ones where I don beautifully made lingerie so I’m very excited to write and share this article. This post is about what I think are some of the more popular and main staples of vintage lingerie. I also included ideas and suggestions on how to wash, upkeep and store them.
I wanted to first say that finding One-hundred percent true vintage pieces is not always easy but it’s fun to look up and research possible speciality places where you have a better chance of finding them.
There are so many varieties of lingerie out there but these are some staples and must-haves if you’re interested in learning and/or trying out vintage and retro style lingerie.
1. Corsets- I absolutely LOVE corsets. They are so beautiful and can be worn both under and over clothing depending on the style and look you are going for. They have a more Victorian look to them which is the era that corsets were first very popular in. Modern lingerie stores like Victoria’s Secret, sell “so-called corsets” but aren’t authentic on how they’re made and are imitations. They also don’t really give you the popular hourglass shape to your body like real corsets. Authentic and real corset’s main purpose is to shape the body’s figure and are made of whale or steal boning, which Victoria Secret’s don’t sell. I still remember the first corset I ever had fitted for me. I was so excited to buy and wear it and got a lot of use out of it. There are a huge variety of corsets out there but here are some of the more popular corset styles:
Underbust- These start right under the breasts (self-explanatory) and end at your lap. They obviously don’t offer any support for the breasts but do provide your body with an hourglass shape. They also provide back support and great posture. Another benefit of underbust corsets is that they are very versatile in how you wear them. There are an endless way on how to wear them and what to wear them with. Some popular types of underbust corsets include, longline, cinchers, wide-strap corsets, bodice and waspie. Underbust corsets are usually used in waist training which is modifying your figure semi-permanently into the hourglass shape. I recommend researching waist-training if you have any interest in it.
Overbust- Overbust corsets usually begin just under the arms and end right above the hips. They lift the breasts and reduce the waistline at the same time. They also provide the beautiful hourglass shape and great support to the back.
If you’re looking to buy a corset, I definitely recommend researching stores and knowledgeable designers to find where you can get well made pieces. They can definitely be a little on the expensive side but you need to remember that you’re paying for the authenticity and quality that will last you a long time, rather than buy a cheap imitation that will fall apart quickly. Also I recommend getting fitted for a corset rather than just buying one in a store or online to guarantee that you get the perfect size and shape for your body.
2. Garters- Also known as “Suspender Belts.” To me garters with stockings are one of the sexiest lingerie staples out there. I love wearing them. The most popular debate when it comes to garter belts are metal versus plastic clasps. Metal clasps are more vintage and hold stockings up extremely well. Plastic clasps can break easily and stockings tend to slip off the plastic more. Also make sure that they are adjustable.
There are also different ways you can wear your garter belt with stockings depending on how long you plan on wearing them. For example, if you’re planning on wearing them just in the sexy privacy of your boudoir, then a garter with four straps are the way to go because you mostly won’t be wearing it for long. If you are wearing your garter and stockings on a daily basis, or know that you’re going to be wearing them for more than an hour, you’ll probably need six adjustable straps for more support. When looking to purchase a garter belt, especially if you’ve never worn one before, I recommend going to a shop with a knowledgeable staff, rather than just purchasing it online, to make sure you get one that fits you right and gives you the right support. The staff can also be a great help on how to wear them properly and how to take care of them.
3. Stockings- There are a HUGE variety of stockings on the market, where you can find every color and style in the world. I definitely having a variety of stockings but in my opinion, I think that nylons with seams on the back are the most popular and the most vintage looking. Black stockings are also very popular. My favorite are nude stockings with black seams and a cuban heel which is in the picture below. Cuban heels are a square edge block of a darker color that is seen above the shoe heel.
If you want to wear stockings with an outfit but wearing a garter belt is not an option, for example (you are donning a short dress or a tight fitting dress when you can see the belt,) they make full tights with seams as well.
Cleaning and Storing Vintage Lingerie:
There are many ways to clean your lingerie, some are more eccentric than others, which you can research online. This is just my suggestion and the way I personally wash and care for them.
When washing your lingerie, you have to be very delicate. You don’t want to throw your nice stockings or belt in a washing machine with your towels and jeans. They will get DESTROYED! Definitely read the wash instructions on anything you buy, especially if you are buying a more expensive piece. For my corsets or any tops with details such as sequins, crystals, bows, etc., I get them dry cleaned. And for stockings, nylons, and garter belts I always hand wash them with gentle detergent and then hang them up to dry. I also use cold water because hot water can be too harsh on your delicates and ruin them.
There are a few different ways to store your lingerie but here are some things that are always good to do and remember. For example, using regular and/or wire hangers or hangers with clips aren’t recommended because they can leave marks or stretch out the fabric. You can buy lingerie hangers which are more soft and padded. It’s also good to keep your lingerie somewhere where it can breathe and to keep it out of the sunlight in a nice cool place.
I hope these ideas and suggestions help you if you’re interested in buying or already have lingerie
There are many shops and websites where you can purchase lingerie. Like I said above, if you’ve never worn any vintage style lingerie before, I recommend looking up places in your area that carry vintage pieces, like corsets, and can be fitted to your perfect measurements. Once you have a better idea, it makes it easier to shop online, even though now two brands are exactly alike when it comes to sizing. These are some of the sites that I like the most and have amazing lingerie. Definitely check them out.
THIS IS TODAY’S POISON IVY MAKEUP LOOK, SHOWN ON MY VIDEO BELOW:
I love comic book characters and I love modeling as the Batman Villain, “Poison Ivy.” I’ve modeled her a lot in several shoots with different themes so I decided to do a Poison Ivy makeup tutorial. I got inspired to do this because looking through older photos of me in my costume in different shoots, I noticed that everytime my makeup looks slightly different. For example, one shoot, my eye makeup was all green. Another shoot I did, I wore green and gold makeup so I decided to create my own Ivy look.
Here’s some past pictures of me from past shoots I did in my sexy “Poison Ivy,” costume.
Here’s the video I did yesterday to show my makeup tutorial. Plus all the makeup colors and brands I used.
Sugarpill eyeshadow in “Tako.”
LimeCrime Venus 2 palette, “Mustard.”
Urban Decay Basquiat palette, “Exu.”
MAC eyeshadow in “Goldmine.”
Storybook Cosmetics, Wizardry and Witchcraft palette, “Potions.”
Jeffree Star Cosmetics, skin frost, “SnowCone.”
Urban Decay 24/7 glide on lip pencil in, ” 714.”
MAC Rocky Horror Picture Show lipstick in, “Oblivion.”
I did a hot Jeffree Star themed photo shoot today and it was very sexy and fun. For the shoot, I dressed up in the first piece of clothing I ever bought from Jeffree Star Cosmetics which was the sexy black vegan vest with the pink lip ammunition and star ensignia that you see here. I got so into this rock and roll themed shoot, I had to wear my hot, punk rock black and blue wig. Since my first JS clothing purchase, I have bought a bunch more. And don’t get me started on all the JS makeup I own. In today’s photoshoot, with the exceptions of my wig, bottoms and shoes, I wore nothing but Jeffree Star. I truly love all of Jeffree’s products and when it comes to the makeup, all the formulas, such as the lipstick formula is top notch. It doesn’t make your lips feel super dry like other liquid lipstick brands do and is very easy to apply.
I’m losing count on all the Jeffree Star lipsticks (liquid and the lip ammunition) I have and will be buying more soon I’m sure.
The SKIN FROST highlights are amazing too and I already know what color I want to get next.
I could go on and on about how much I love Jeffree’s products!
Enjoy these photos from my “Androgny,” shoot plus my youtube video tutorial. PLEASE ENJOY AND THANK YOU TO FABULOUS JEFFREE STAR!!!!!!