Here’s my product review “Hits or Misses,” video for the month of July. Enjoy.
Here’s my product review “Hits or Misses,” video for the month of July. Enjoy.
Since I did a blog post and video on my morning skincare routine, I thought it was only fair and fitting to do a video and blog post on my nightly skincare ritual and to again list the products I use that work very well. Most of the products I talk about in this post and in my last one, I’ve done reviews and write ups on, some awhile ago which means they work THAT well for me and that I still really love them. But as I said in my last post, the products used and my routine is to serve as inspiration to every one on how to keep their skin looking beautiful. If you use a product or have a different way of using skincare, by all means, do what works best for you. Enjoy this post and video and of course make sure to follow me here on my blog and subscribe to my channel if you haven’t done so yet.
Garnier- skin active micellar cleansing water
Fresh- Soy face cleanser
Thayers natural remedies- witch hazel toner
Fresh- Rose face mask
Elizavecca Milky Piggy- carbonated bubble clay mask
Soap&glory- beauty sleep accelerator, night and flight moisture miracle
LilyAna Naturals- rosehip and hibiscus eye cream
Clean&Clear- persa-gel, 10% benzoyl peroxide acne medication, maximum strength
I’ve been a packaging whore for a long time now. I used to design packaging for a huge stationary company years ago which was so much fun, especially when I would go to the stores and see my work. I think packaging, especially for beauty products is very important because it is the first thing you see and can give you a good/or not so good first impression.
I decided to name and post my top favorite packaging beauty products here. It was hard to choose which ones I wanted to post because I love so many fabulous beauty products.
1. SOAP AND GLORY- I’ve definitely mentioned this brand many times and how much I love their products here on my blog and in several of my youtube videos. When I first saw the packaging of Soap and Glory long ago, I immediately fell in love with the vintage look of it. I knew instantly I needed to try the products and I’m so glad I did.
2. THE BALM COSMETICS- Another pinup and vintage inspired company that I absolutely love. Besides the outside look of the packaging and how amazing the products are, the inside packaging is so cheeky, cute, and beautiful. For example, one of their palettes I have is called, “Meet Matt(e) nude eye shadow with a sexy cartoon man on the cover.
3. SUGARPILL- I use Sugarpill pretty much everyday. The colors are highly pigmented which I love, plus the pink and shiny pastel colored packaging is just gorgeous.
4. GLAMGLOW- With the different colors depending on the product and it’s use, the silver packaging is very luxurious while all the products work extremely well.
5. TARTE SWAMP QUEEN- This is a little different from the above. I don’t use a lot of Tarte products except for the “Tarte GRAV3YARDGIRL SWAMP QUEEN” palette. It was a limited edition palette from youtube sensation, GRAV3YARDGIRL who has a fun personality. When it came out, I knew I needed to get this palette because not only is the packaging wonderful with an authentic wood feel, an alligator logo, and a shiny gold color, but also because I love her message on anti-bullying and anxiety when she created this palette with Tarte.
GRAV3YARDGIRL shows her own version of beauty and has a very positive message about bullying and anxiety. She also encourages people to love and accept oneself and others which is so wonderful. Plus all the pans smell like yummy vanilla.
6. JEFFREE STAR COSMETICS- I just got Jeffree’s “ANDROGYNY” palette yesterday but I have been using a few of her other products for awhile now, such as the Velour liquid lipsticks, skin frost, and lip scrub, and I’ve been very impressed by all of them. I also have some of her clothing as well which I’m wearing as I speak. I can’t wait to try out the eye palette today. I love the pink reptile feel cover mixed with the shiny Jeffree star logo. Inside is a gorgeous Victorian Star pattern with the mirror also. It feels so luxurious and so beautiful.
I briefly mentioned this new brightening product that I love in my last post so I wanted to talk and share more about this new and fabulous product that brightens your skin and gives you a beautiful radiant glow. I love the brand, Hollywood, California GLAMGLOW, as you know, and was excited to try a new product from them. It is the GLAMGLOW “FLASHMUD BRIGHTENING TREATMENT.” You all know I love skincare products that work fast and the flashmud brightening treatment is no exception.
This skin treatment contains illuminating diamond, white birch betulinic acid, niacinamide, and vitamin C. If you don’t already know this, any product with vitamin C, like serums, moisturizers, etc. are great for brightening your skin.
HERE ARE THE DIRECTIONS ON HOW TO USE THIS TREATMENT:
When you first start using this product you’re supposed to use it for three days in a row. After that you’ll be using the product between two and three times a week. You apply the treatment to your face when dry using circular motions to pre-exfoliate. After you do that you need to leave it on for a minimum of twenty minutes. When I do this, I apply it to my skin after wiping off my makeup, let in sit on my face for the twenty minutes or more depending, then wipe it off while I take my bath or I keep it on while doing stuff around my house. When it’s on your face, the treatment turns semi-transparent as the ingredients absorb. When your brightening product is ready to be taken off, just simply wash off with water.
A few warnings about using this product, definitely don’t get it near your eye area because it will irritate the sensitive skin area around them. Also before you go out, even if you don’t burn, you definitely should apply sunscreen to your skin to keep your skin healthy and limit unnecessary sun exposure while using this product.
I’m crazy about GLAMGLOW FLASHMUD and recommend it to anyone who wants their skin to have a healthy sexy glow without looking greasy or shiny. Definitely try this one out.
In this video I talk about a new boutique I went to for the first time today plus new products that I absolutely love and a few that I’m not thrilled with but are ok. I posted photos of the new products I love! Enjoy!
NEW PRODUCTS I LOVE!:
I forgot to mention this two products I love in my video above so I’m going to start with those:
1. BOSCIA Detoxifying Black Cleanser- This product is amazing and is a cleanser that is warm when applied that deeply cleanses, detoxifies, and dissolves impurities, makeup, and oil. It also refines the texture of your skin and the more you use it, the more it brightens your skin clarity and minimizes the look of pores over time. It works fast too which I always love when it comes to beauty products.
2. SHISEIDO Paper Blotters- This are perfect if you find your skin looking a little shiny or oily throughout the day. Instead of caking on more powder, you just simply take one sheet of these papers and with the powder side, simply blot any shiny areas. These make life a lot easier.
3. Hollywood California GLAMGLOW FLASHMUD BRIGHTENING TREATMENT- I love this new product but will talk all about it in my next post here coming up. Stay tuned!
4. THINK PINK PALETTE BY COASTAL SCENTS- Gorgeous palette with both matte and shimmer colors. Can be used wet or dry and the pigments are bright and lovely.
5. SHISEIDO IBUKI SMART FILTERING SMOOTHER- This is an amazing product to smooth and blur anything you don’t want seen on your face such as large pores and more. It can be used under and on top of makeup.
6. SHISEIDO BIO-PERFORMANCE SUPER CORRECTIVE EYE CREAM- This is a great eye cream and can be used day at night for helping any fine lines or patchiness.
7. LOREAL AGE PERFECT EYE RENEWAL- Another great eye cream that can be used day and night and really moisturizes and makes your eyes bright, dewy, and glow while getting rid of any fine lines you don’t want.
8. LAURA MERCIER TRANSLUCENT LOOSE SETTING POWDER- My new favorite loose setting powder. It’s like magic and even though it’s a little on the high price side, it’s absolutely worth it and a little of it goes a long way when you apply it so it lasts a long time.
9. BUMBLE AND BUMBLE THICKENING HAIRSPRAY- I love the brand Bumble and Bumble and was very excited to try their new spray. It has a great hold without leaving your hair stiff.
Hey everyone, hope you all had a happy thanksgiving last Thursday. I know awhile ago I posted about my beauty routine and my favorite skin products but since then, I’ve updated my list of favorite skin products. Not to say that the ones I post before are horrible now but I’ve found better products for my skin and body. If you like the ones you already use, great, but these products seem to work a bit better. Here we go:
2. LUSH-Luxory Pud Bath Bomb-If you personally know me and/or have read my past blogs in the past here, you know how much I love LUSH products, especially the bath bombs. A few weeks ago I went into the store to check out the new bombs for the holidays and I found this amazing smelling bomb. It’s the Lush Luxury Pud Bath Bomb, and it’s definitely one of my new favorite bombs. It works wonderfully in the tub, softening the skin, smelling divine, and the rainbow colors look beautiful in the water.
3. LUSH ROSE JAM SHOWER GEL- You guys remember my blog post about how much I love the ROSE BODY CONDITIONER but I was so excited LUSH had this in the store finally. They bring it out for the holidays and it smells exactly like the ROSE conditioner. I love washing my self with this delicious body wash and another great thing is it that it lasts for a while. But in case, I’ll probably buy another bottle of this for me.
4. Garnier Skin Active, Micellar Cleansing Water- This makeup remover was suggested to me by another girlfriend Brit, when I couldn’t find my Sephora makeup remover cleansing water at any store but this Garnier Cleansing Water is even better than the Sephora remover. I love it. It’s an All-In- Water makeup remover that also cleanses and refreshes the skin. It’s also alcohol free which is a plus for me. A huge recommendation for this remover.
5. Thayers Natural Remedies, WITCH HAZEL , ALOE VERA FORMULA, Alcohol free Toner with ROSE PETALS- This is by far my favorite toner, even better than Benefits. it’s alcohol free with witch hazel, which I love and is a natural herbal remedy. It also has amazing Rose Petal which is my favorite herb. This toner also contains Aloe Vera and Vitamin E will make your skin bloom and soft. Besides Thayers being alcohol-free, it’s also paraben-free, naturally preserved, and most important hypoallergenic. Again it’s made with organic witch hazel, aloe vera, and Natural rose fragrance. This amazing Toner Cleanses, soothes and tones skin without drying your skin out.
I feel this is the best toner because it’s all natural ingredients which is the best thing for your skin.