I love mixing my pinup/rockabilly style with my horror inspired pieces. Since it’s almost Autumn, I wanted my last two summer outfits to look like that they can work during the summer as well as in the fall when it starts to look cooler. For this outfit, you can definitely still rock it in cold weather, you just need to layer a jacket or sweater over it. This outfit is very versatile.
I know this universal monster print can be found anywhere now BUT I was one of the VERY FIRST BUYERS for this material about fifteen years ago and got it from the first company that used this print so I feel extra special. I loved pairing it with my black crop top decorated with my brand new HOCUS POCUS pendant from my girl, LunaMoon. I’ve known here a long time now and love her!
For the finishing touches, I wore this outfit in my cute Bettie Page heels and my fabulous unique strawberry flower hair clip. Hope you like this look and can inspire you in some of your looks and like I said before, this outfit can still be worn during cooler weather, just find a fabulous and/or sexy coat to keep your beauty toasty warm.
Hope you like this fashion article and photos and be sure to stay tuned for the very last summer outfit! And make sure you subscribe and follow my site if you haven’t already.
Lots of love! xoxo
1. GREED: What is your most inexpensive beauty item? What is your most expensive?
My most inexpensive product is actually a three way tie between my Wet n Wild Photo Focus Natural Finish Setting Spray, Wet and Wild, Goth-O-Graphic Megaglow Highlighting Powder, and Wet n Wild Spring MegaLast Catsuit Liquid Eyeshadow in “Goth Tears” and my most expensive item is my La Mer Setting Powder.
2. WRATH: What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with?
Wet and Wild Photo focus foundation. When it looks good, it looks REALLY good but when it’s not working for me that, I get frustrated and wiping it off and the reapplyig another foundation can be time consuming.
3. GLUTTONY: What are your most delicious beauty products?
My Jouer Long-Wear lip topper in “Rose Gold”, and my Sol de Janeiro Brazilian BUM BUM cream. Both those products smell like cake batter.
4. SLOTH: What beauty product do you neglect, due to laziness?
Contouring. I only contour during some photoshoots and performances, I never do it in my everyday makeup routine.
5. PRIDE: What beauty product gives you the most self confidence?
Probably my liquid eyeliner.
6. LUST: What attributes do you find most attractive in the opposite sex?
Well when I first met my husband I was instantly drawn to his eyes and his smile. saw him for a second when he introduced himself to me and I knew he was the one I would marry him and he’d be the love of my life.
As far as makeup products that I lust for all my sexy red lipsticks in my collection!
7. ENVY: What items would you most like to receive as a gift?
La Mer foundation, And also the ENTIRE Bomber Betty and The Balm Cosmetics collections.
Hope you enjoy my answers and this tag. If you’re into makeup and/or just love it, go to this beauty tag and have fun. I really enjoyed doing it. Talk to you all soon! 😉
Disclaimer: I do not own the image above at the top of this post.
This tip ad trick is a great one that i just discovered. This evening when I was taking a bath, I had a yummy new bath bomb from one of the my favorite brands, Soap&Glory in warm arm, and two conditioners in the other. My sexy intuition razor was laying beautiful on my bath counter. By the way, for those who don’t know, I’m about to get personal….I only take baths. I was getting ready to take my bath this evening with the biggest purpose was my hair removal routine. I have many hair removal routines but that’s too personal and will be saved for another time.
To get my bath ready, I turned my water on so it was very warm, not scalding, but very warm. Warm temperature helps your hair follicles stand up better than cold water. This tip is great for shaving and other hair treatments.
Also when adding my yummy lime bath bomb to the hot water, I took my hair conditioner and squeeze a few dollops into the running water. That helps soften your bath water, hence softening your skin.
I’ve mentioned this tip and trick in past articles here but it’s a good one so I thought it good to repeat it. Applying a hair conditioner, especially a thick hair conditioner to your body where you plan to do hair removal will really soften your hair and make it less painless when removing. Tonight I used my OGX Sugar Cookie conditioner because I ran out of my vegan hair mask that I can get cheaply at the drug store. Normally I use my mask for hair removal. My favorite one is Maui Hair Masks.
Once I finished my removal treatment, my body felt like butter. I fell yummy in my Ed Hardy night gown.
****Hope these tips and tricks help you with your hair removal excursions. Any questions you have about anything above, feel free and comfortable to leave them in the comment section below.
Ok so in Part 1, we went over on how to start doing a pinup style hair roll by teasing and smoothing. After you tease and smooth your hair and hair sections like part one, you’re now ready to create your actual hair roll. After learning this, you’ll be able to create many pinup and vintage inspired hair looks. Below I included different pictures of me and some of my past hair looks you can create with hair rolls. If you have any questions about anything, leave them in the comment section below here.
Tools you’ll need: Curling iron or wand, rat tail comb, smoothing brush, a lot of bobby pins, pomade or hair wax, and hair spray.
Here are steps to creating a basic hair roll.
First with the end of your rat tail comb, part your hair. Next, with your curling iron or hair wand, curl just the ends of your hair section. You don’t have to do this step but it helps make it easier to curl the ends so the inner part of your roll doesn’t have any straight or frizzy bits sticking out.
Next thing is to TEASE AND SMOOTH using the steps I talk about in Part One. After teasing and smoothing, hold your hair section by the layer that is the shortest and roll the ends around your fingers, most people including me use the index and third finger for this. Keep rolling down using your thumbs to lay in place.
Last thing is with your bobby pins, pin your roll into place. Use as many bobby pins as you want but try to hide them as best as you can so you can’t see them through the front of your roll. Pin from the back of the roll to help hide them. Last step is to take your hair spray and spray your roll or rolls to keep them in place. Then you’re done.
To make sure your hair rolls will stay up and last, move your head around, (not crazy wild) but just enough to make sure nothing is moving. If you feel anything not secure, use more bobby pins.
It does take practice to create the perfect hair roll so don’t ever feel discouraged if your roll doesn’t look absolutely perfect the first time. It will happen. Just practice, practice, practice.
It’s been a few weeks since I posted here but I’m back. It’s been crazy lately. With that said, here are my hits or Misses for January. I didn’t do my usual video like I normally do but I wanted to share some new products I tried out. Hope you enjoy.
1. Becca First light Priming Filter- I haven’t used a lot of products From Becca but I saw this last month at Sephora and was curious to try it. I love trying new primers out and this one was a “Hit,” from me. It’s a beautiful pearlized purple color that brightens and color corrects your skin which is always good. It’s very light weight and moistures your face beautifully.
2. Tatcha Luminous Dewey- This spray from Japan has been a popular setting spray for awhile now and after hearing a lot of reviews I was very curious to try it. It is a lightweight mist spray that gives you a radiant look. It also is very hydrating and makes your skin glow.
There are a few “misses,” for this spray. One thing that I wanted to say, especially so you won’t be surprised if you go to purchase this spray is that the Tatcha spray is NOT CHEAP. It’s about $65.00 for 1.35 oz. Another thing to remember about this spray is that a little goes a long way. Because it’s a dewey spray, (as opposed to a matte spray,” If you spray too much on, it can make your face look oily. What I like to do sometimes is to spray a matte setting spray just on your t-zone, (forehead, nose, and chin) and then use the luminous dewey spray on the rest of your face. Your skin will still glow but won’t look oily. I don’t use this spray everyday because I’m more of a matte makeup girl, (duh) but this is a beautiful spray and I’m very glad to try it. Even though I had a few issues with this spray when I first bought it, this spray is a “Hit” for me, especially after playing around with.
3. Colourpop “Yes Please,” palette- I hadn’t really tried a lot of Colourpop makeup before but I had only ever heard positive things about this brand so I wanted to try it out. And I’m so happy I did. This palette is amazing. All the Colourpop palettes looked amazing but these shades looked the most amazing. The first thing that caught my eye were all the colors. Red is my favorite color and all these shades go well with each other. They are so beautiful and extremely pigmented. They also feel like silky butter. Another great thing about Colourpop is that the prices aren’t outrageous. The palettes usually range about $16.00 which is not bad, especially when there are so many overpriced makeup products out there. I’m so glad I tried this palette out. This was a HUGE HIT for me and definitely recommend it.
4. Urban Decay Afterglow Highlighter Palette- This was another “HIT” for me. The first highlighter I ever bought was Urban Decay Afterglow in “SIN,” and I instantly loved it. When I saw this highlighter palette last month, I needed to get it. They colors are beautiful and makes your skin glow. Just so you know, they aren’t the most blinding highlighters out there but I like that. They are soft, easy to apply, and can be layered with each other or other brands. They give your skin such radiance.
5. Ogx Kandee Johnson Holiday Shampoo and Conditioner- I absolutely adore Kandee Johnson. She is a makeup artist and is very talented. I also always love her videos on youtube and her quotes that she posts on twitter, because she is always so positive and always makes me happy. If you haven’t already, you must check out Kandee and her youtube channel. I was very excited when she came out with a holiday shampoo and conditioner line. It’s amazing. It’s with the brand Ogx and can be found out drugstores and Ulta, and even online. Even though it’s a holiday collection, I think you can still find them online. The flavors of these hair products are so delicious. I bought the ” Frosted Sugar Cookie and the scent is amazing and actually smell like real “Frosted Sugar Cookies.” I hate when scented products don’t smell like the real thing.
This hair line is vegan and cruelty free which is always good. It’s also sulphate free so you can use it on color-treated hair and it will keep your locks looking and feeling soft and healthy. The prices are perfect also. You can buy both the shampoo and conditioner under $10.00. These hair products are a definite “Hit,” and shoutout to Kandee Johnson for coming out with these.
I hope you enjoyed my latest product reviews. I was impressed that I didn’t really have any “misses” this month. Thank you for reading this post and I’ll be back soon.
Check out these sexy and naughty burlesque style photos. These were taken by photographer, Stephen Fitzsimons. Happy Holidays to all!