It’s been a few weeks since I posted here but I’m back. It’s been crazy lately. With that said, here are my hits or Misses for January. I didn’t do my usual video like I normally do but I wanted to share some new products I tried out. Hope you enjoy.
1. Becca First light Priming Filter- I haven’t used a lot of products From Becca but I saw this last month at Sephora and was curious to try it. I love trying new primers out and this one was a “Hit,” from me. It’s a beautiful pearlized purple color that brightens and color corrects your skin which is always good. It’s very light weight and moistures your face beautifully.
2. Tatcha Luminous Dewey- This spray from Japan has been a popular setting spray for awhile now and after hearing a lot of reviews I was very curious to try it. It is a lightweight mist spray that gives you a radiant look. It also is very hydrating and makes your skin glow.
There are a few “misses,” for this spray. One thing that I wanted to say, especially so you won’t be surprised if you go to purchase this spray is that the Tatcha spray is NOT CHEAP. It’s about $65.00 for 1.35 oz. Another thing to remember about this spray is that a little goes a long way. Because it’s a dewey spray, (as opposed to a matte spray,” If you spray too much on, it can make your face look oily. What I like to do sometimes is to spray a matte setting spray just on your t-zone, (forehead, nose, and chin) and then use the luminous dewey spray on the rest of your face. Your skin will still glow but won’t look oily. I don’t use this spray everyday because I’m more of a matte makeup girl, (duh) but this is a beautiful spray and I’m very glad to try it. Even though I had a few issues with this spray when I first bought it, this spray is a “Hit” for me, especially after playing around with.
3. Colourpop “Yes Please,” palette- I hadn’t really tried a lot of Colourpop makeup before but I had only ever heard positive things about this brand so I wanted to try it out. And I’m so happy I did. This palette is amazing. All the Colourpop palettes looked amazing but these shades looked the most amazing. The first thing that caught my eye were all the colors. Red is my favorite color and all these shades go well with each other. They are so beautiful and extremely pigmented. They also feel like silky butter. Another great thing about Colourpop is that the prices aren’t outrageous. The palettes usually range about $16.00 which is not bad, especially when there are so many overpriced makeup products out there. I’m so glad I tried this palette out. This was a HUGE HIT for me and definitely recommend it.
4. Urban Decay Afterglow Highlighter Palette- This was another “HIT” for me. The first highlighter I ever bought was Urban Decay Afterglow in “SIN,” and I instantly loved it. When I saw this highlighter palette last month, I needed to get it. They colors are beautiful and makes your skin glow. Just so you know, they aren’t the most blinding highlighters out there but I like that. They are soft, easy to apply, and can be layered with each other or other brands. They give your skin such radiance.
5. Ogx Kandee Johnson Holiday Shampoo and Conditioner- I absolutely adore Kandee Johnson. She is a makeup artist and is very talented. I also always love her videos on youtube and her quotes that she posts on twitter, because she is always so positive and always makes me happy. If you haven’t already, you must check out Kandee and her youtube channel. I was very excited when she came out with a holiday shampoo and conditioner line. It’s amazing. It’s with the brand Ogx and can be found out drugstores and Ulta, and even online. Even though it’s a holiday collection, I think you can still find them online. The flavors of these hair products are so delicious. I bought the ” Frosted Sugar Cookie and the scent is amazing and actually smell like real “Frosted Sugar Cookies.” I hate when scented products don’t smell like the real thing.
This hair line is vegan and cruelty free which is always good. It’s also sulphate free so you can use it on color-treated hair and it will keep your locks looking and feeling soft and healthy. The prices are perfect also. You can buy both the shampoo and conditioner under $10.00. These hair products are a definite “Hit,” and shoutout to Kandee Johnson for coming out with these.
I hope you enjoyed my latest product reviews. I was impressed that I didn’t really have any “misses” this month. Thank you for reading this post and I’ll be back soon.