This video is later than my usual Hit or Miss video but better late than never. Hope you enjoy and please subscribe to my youtube video if you haven’t already. Thank you to all my supporters here!
In the past on my blog I’ve mentioned many things about accessorizing and that the right accessories can completely change your outfit and/or look. These are my top favorite brands to get all my favorite accessories, from pinup and vintage style to sexy boudoir, and high fashion. I strongly recommend all these brands and think that everyone will enjoy them.
(Quick side note, as many of you know, especially if you have been reading my blog for awhile now, I’ve mentioned, written, and modeled in photoshoots while reviewing fantastic companies such as Sourpuss Clothing, Hellbunny, and Kreepsville 666, which are also my favorite brands, so I decided to not include them here in this post because they will be in another article soon about my favorite clothing brands, and I have also done past blog posts about them but I love all their accessories besides the labels I mention below.)
1. Betsey Johnson- Betsey Johnson’s accessories can DEFINITELY change on how an outfit looks and can make it POP! I can’t even remember when I first fell in love with Betsey because it was so long ago. She makes the most creative and unique pieces, from her clothing to purses, to her fabulous jewelry. I’ve honestly have never seen anything from her that I didn’t love. Her jewelry pieces are probably my favorite from her. Both my mom and I collect her jewelry. Any kind of animal, theme, or popular images such as skulls, anchors, etc., she has made.
I had to include a few pictures of Betsey’s items because I have so much stuff from her. The pictures are just a small taste to my collection. I also included my leopard purse from her because it was the first Betsey Johnson purse I ever got years ago from my incredible and wonderful mom. You can find Betsey’s stuff in stores such as Macy’s or online. If you are on a budget and/or can’t afford Betsey Johnson, I definitely recommend her other brand, BetseyVille. Betseyville has very pretty and wonderful items as well and is more affordable.
2. Bettie Page shoes (From Ellie Shoes)- This is one of my favorite shoe brands. They are a vintage inspired and pinup shoe line. They have a HUGE selection of heels in every color and also have the cutest designs such as polka dots and flowers. They come in all different heel sizes so if you don’t want six inch heels, you can get a pair with wedges instead or a three inch heel. Bettie Page shoes are also Extremely comfortable. They have built in cushions which allow you to wear them all day long. Below is my sexy pair of red Bettie heels.
3. Agent Provocateur- This lingerie line has the most beautiful lingerie. I remember the first time I ever walked into their shop. They had to fit me for my underwear and the ladies who helped me were the sweetest. It was the one of the best customer service I’ve ever had. It’s definitely not a cheap brand by any means and is a very luxurious line. Even though Agent Provocateur can be expensive, the quality of their lingerie is amazing and will last you a very long time. My two lingerie sets below are from when I lived in San Francisco and discovered their store for the first time which was about fourteen years ago, and it’s still in great shape. You can go online to find store locations as well as buy from their sexy website.
4. Lux De Ville- Lux De ville makes absolutely fabulous retro and vintage style handbags as well as train cases and wallets. Their bags look like the vinyl inside of a 1950’s car and comes in all different colors and styles. They also have a shine and sparkle to them. They recently came out with a Black Widow collection which is all spiderwebs. I love the quality of their bags. One of my favorite things about them is that they come with cute keychains to attach to the handles.
Definitely check out all these cool and fun accessory brands and have fun shopping for them.
This past weekend I did one of my first official shoots of the summer. It was a “Poolside Pinup Shoot,” where I donned my brand new “Tiki Zombie” style bathing suit with my matching hand fan, (Both by one of my favorite all time brands, “SourPuss Clothing,” which I use the tiki monster fan very often to dry my makeup setting spray faster when I’m getting ready for the day.
Sunday was the day of the shoot after a “Father’s Day celebration and I was fortunate enough to have a warm, but not too warm weather to shoot, beautiful lighting, and a perfectly blue pool. To match my tiki pinup pool outfit, I donned my new “Mother of Pearls” heels by “Iron Fist Clothing,” a gorgeous purple sparkly rose clip, and my new “Purple Sunset,” sunglasses. I also changed up a few shots with my cute pinup black and white polka dot “Cat Eye,” sunglasses. Of course I had plenty of sunscreen on for my porcelain skin and my black cover up.
I’m very happy with these photos and glad this was one of my first photoshoots for the summer. I hope you enjoy them, and definitely leave me some comments to let me know what you think.
THANK YOU! xoxo Carlie
OH AND BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES!!!!!!
MY INSTAGRAM PAGE: CarlieMichelle66
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: CarlieMichelle
FACEBOOK PAGE: Carlie Sorat
**photos taken by N. Sorat
Here is my latest blog/ style video showing of my shoe collection since some of you said you wanted to see. Enjoy. Oh and if you haven’t already on my youtube channel, check out my hand bag and purse collection.
- I’m taking this line from Lana del Rey’s song, “Cola,” “I wear my diamonds on skid row.” This is perfect for how I accessorize a lot of the time. I wear my expensive jewelry with casual outfits and mix and match. Why wait for a special occasion to bring out your diamonds, gold, and pearls? Enjoy what you have and wear them whenever you get the urge. Don’t let your jewelry go to waste! . Wear belts over long dresses, large shirts, and other large clothing items to show off your figure. If you don’t have a belt you like, use a fun scarf and tie it around your waist to give the same effect. . I love wearing high heels! Anyone who knows me knows I live in heels. I literally have one pair of sneakers and they are an old pair of Ed Hardys. To make your legs look longer, wear heels with no across ankle straps or if you don’t like wearing heels, wear flats with no straps. I own many shoes with straps but my already long legs look 10 times longer without straps. . Most important thing, don’t be afraid to stand out! I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve gotten looks at the market or a store, which I take as a compliment. Especially when the people looking at me are wearing slippers, pajama pants, and a highschool hoodie. I laugh at it. Don’t let anyone put you down for how you look ever!!!!!!