I hadn’t done a Product Hit or Miss video in awhile so I thought since it is the end of the year I thought it would be great to do one. Also since it’s the holiday season, I included some of my wonderful Holiday Faves. Hope you enjoy the video and make sure to always subscribe to my youtube channel if you haven’t already and click like on this video as well please. Thank you everyone! Happy Holidays!
Whenever Jeffree Star puts out a new collection, I always get excited and the collections are always fabulous. When he revealed his latest makeup collection,
“Love Sick Collection,” I absolutely lost it with my ecstatic excitement. The whole collection is in my favorite color which immediately caught my eye and then I saw the new ” Blood Sugar” eyeshadow palete with other products on his reveal video and instantly couldn’t wait for the launch date.
**At the very bottom of this article, I included Jeffree’s reveal of the LOVE SICK COLLECTION including this palette plus other products from this collection, such as other lipscrubs, lipsticks, and more.
When he launched “Love Sick”, I pre-ordered the “Blood Sugar” palette and bought a few other goodies from the collection such the sexy new red cosmetic case that can hold a full sized palette which is very cool. I also bought the new “Candy Necklace” velour lip scrub which is so yummy and a great addition to my lip scrub collection.
I received my “Blood Sugar” palette last week and I’m so in love with it. The packaging is the absolute best. It’s a one of a kind red faux leather box with metal clasps. It comes with 18 gorgeous shades, in 3 formulas, metal, matte, and pressed glitter. The names of the pigmented shades are so cute and very appropriate for this palette. The details of this palette is so cute with the stamps of some of the shadows such as medical needle and a medical symbol, which I included a closeup picture here.
The best thing about this palette is that I can create so many looks and styles with just this palette from traditional, vintage, pinup makeup, to sexy smoldering, psychobilly, natural, and more. I’m an artist and I always love being creative and like to create art in the makeup genre. Makeup is definitely an art form.
I wanted to write this article to give and share my first impressions and review on this makeup collection and I definitely plan on posting pictures of me with different makeup looks using just it in the future.
The “Love Sick” collection is yet again another fantastic collection of makeup and products from Jeffree Star Cosmetics. Everything Jeffree puts out I love but this collection is my favorite from him and out of all the eyeshadow palettes he’s put out, the BLOOD SUGAR PALETTE IS my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE PALETTE!
It’s obvious that I recommend this collection especially the eye shadow palette. The palette sells quickly but you can still pre-order at jeffreestarcosmetics.com and at beautylish.com.
Here’s my last installment of my “Power of Lipstick” Trilogy. I’m ending this last lipstick part with my favorite colors that are more on the edgy side but are still hot, fun, and beautiful to wear.
It was hard for me to choose which colors I wanted to show here but here are my top faves:
1. “Savage” (mega matte,) Vice lipstick by Urban Decay- This bright pink lipstick is hot hot hot. I love wearing this lipstick, especially when I do a colorful look, a hot psychobilly look, or just for fun. The Urban Decay VICE formula is one of my favorite lip formulas and I definitely recommend checking them out. I also use the matching Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on lipliner in “Frenemy”
2. “Twitch” (cream) Vice lipstick by Urban Decay- I love this beautiful purple color. It’s not too dark, it’s not too light. It’s the perfect purple lipstick. With this color, I don’t wear lip liner all the time but when I do, I use Urban Decay 24/7 glide on lipliner in”Pandemonium.”
3. “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” Velour liquid lipstick from Jeffree Star Cosmetics- last year I did a “Breakfast at Tiffany’s shoot and the last few photos I had shot, I put this lipstick on. I thought it would be fun and those pictures looked really cool with it on. One of my favorite films, if not my favorite of all time is “Breakfast at Tiffany’s,” and I love how this lipstick is the exact shade of Tiffany’s bags and box packaging. If you haven’t seen my Breakfast at Tiffany’s shoot, definitely check it out here.
4. “Venus Flytrap” Velour liquid lipstick from Jeffree Star Cosmetics (Chrome Collection)- I’ve used this fabulous green chartreuse color many times A LOT in makeup tutorials and looks. Some might think how or why would you wear this color but that’s just because you’re unique, like to stand out, and are fabulous.
5. “Trinket” liquid lip color by Sugarpill- In my December Hits/Misses youtube video, I talked about buying and wearing this color and it was definitely a HIT for me. If you haven’t done so already, please go check that youtube vid out on my youtube channel and I posted it here in December as well. “Trinket” is Sugarpill’s very first liquid lipstick, and has a sexy Matte to Sparkle formula. The color is a matte mauve infused with luminous golden sparkles that stay and become more bright as the formula dries. I love the pigment and how it is very long-lasting and never feels too dry.
Most of you know I rarely wear lip gloss on a daily basis but the I do have few that I absolutely love wearing, either by itself on top of regular lipstick.
Here are my favorite glosses and toppers:
1. “Melted Honey” by Chanel- This sparkly gold gloss is so sexy and looks very sexy on when worn alone. It also looks hot when you have a lipstick on already, like a dark red or purple, and then apply the gloss in just the center of your lips.
2. “Rose Gold” lip topper by Jouer Cosmetics- Jouer has the best lip toppers. My Rose Gold is stunning and again very sexy. The glitter and color is very pigmented and doesn’t feel sticky. It smells yummy too, like caramel. Like with my Chanel gloss, this lip topper looks wickedly sexy alone or on top of lipstick.
Hope you enjoyed reading my list of lipsticks and my reviews on them. I definitely recommend checking out every color I speak about in all three parts of my “Power of Lipstick” series. Thank you so much.
If you haven’t read “The Power of Lipstick, the RED Edition” article I posted a few days ago, I suggest you do so NOW! There are so many benefits of having a swatch of red on your lippy but if you truly don’t feel comfortable, here is the NUDE EDITION to the “Power of Lipstick Series.” NUDE lipsticks can be fun, for certain looks such as if you like a deep dark smoky eye and a pale nude lipstick.
There are a variety of different shades of NUDE lipsticks and here are my favorites:
MY TOP FAVORITE NUDE SHADES:
1. “Nathan” velour liquid lipstick by Jeffree Star Cosmetics- This is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE NUDE lipstick.
2. “Rose Matter” velour liquid lipstick by Jeffree Star Cosmetics- This was one of the first Jeffree Star liquid lipsticks I ever bought with “Unicorn Blood. This soft neutral coral is like crushed petals on your lips.
3. “Deceased” velour liquid lipstick by Jeffree Star Cosmetics- This darker nude is a sexy mauve-greige tone.
OTHER NUDE LIPSTICKS THAT I LOVE:
1. “Doting” “Meet Matt(e) Hughes” long-lasting liquid lipstick by the Balm. This is a beautiful peachy color that smells like chocolate and caramel.
2. “Sincere” “Meet Matte(e) Hughes” long-lasting liquid lipstick by the Balm. This is a lovely peachy mauve color and again it smells like desert.
3. “Celebrity Skin” lip ammunition lipstick by Jeffree Star Cosmetics. The lip ammunition has a satin finish and very creamy. This soft brown nude has a peachy undertone.
ENJOY THESE BEAUTIFUL NUDES!
My signature color of course is red. Red is my favorite color and I love wearing it on my pout. I mainly wear classic red which is a blue toned red which looks better on me rather than an orange based lipstick. Blue toned is also more versatile and looks great on all skin tones.
Sometimes I like wearing a deeper burgundy or a brighter shade but it’s still in the red family. I sometimes change up my lipstick color for fun or if it’s for a certain look but classic red is my go to.
Here is a list of my favorite red lipsticks, both liquid and in a regular lipstick tube. A long time ago I did an article on here about my favorite red shaded lipstick so you might recognize one or two shades that I had mentioned long about but for the most stuf I’m showing new reds. Also I do mention the same makeup brands more than once such as Jeffree Star Cosmetics and MAC but the only reason why is that I love and truly believe in those formulas and love wearing them!
MY TOP FAVORITE RED LIPSTICKS THAT I WEAR THE MOST:
1. “RedRum” Velour liquid lipstick by Jeffree Star Cosmetics- (I know I’ve said this before but Jeffree’s liquid formula is my absolute favorite liquid lipstick formula.) RedRum is the perfect classic blue toned red with a sexy matte finish and you’ll all know I’m a matte lipstick whore.
2. “BAWSE” Always on liquid lipstick by Smashbox- I had always heard a lot of great things about Smashbox’s lipsticks but the reds always seemed too orange for my complexion but when I saw “Bawse” a few months ago, I knew I had to try it. It’s a fantastic blueish red, the formula is wonderful, and the applicator point is a triangle-shaped so you can use it as a lipliner before filling in your lips.
3. “Russian Red” Matte lipstick by MAC.- This lipstick I had posted in my last favorite red lipstick article but of course the reason why is that it’s a fabulous matte classic red that I still love using.
Here are my two favorite red lipliners that I’ve talked about before many times but because I love the colors and the smooth non-drying formula. Make sure to line and fill in you lips before applying lipstick. A lot of people don’t think it’s necessary to use liner if you’re using a liquid formula but I still do to define my lipstick clearly.
“WONDERLAND” and “714” 24/7 Glide-On lip pencil, both by Urban Decay. The 24/7 glide-on lip pencils is my absolute favorite lip liner formula. It goes on smoothly and doesn’t dry out your lips.
Here are other red lipsticks that I like using. Some are deeper shades than the classic red:
1. “RED HAUTE” Color Design matte by Lancome- A very beautiful matte cool-toned red.
2. “UNICORN BLOOD” Velour Liquid Lipstick by Jeffree Star Cosmetics- This was the first lipstick I ever purchased and I love this color. It’s a dusty dark rusty matte lipstick that is very deep and sultry.
3. “STRANGE LOVE” Liquid Lip Color by SugarPill- Sugarpill is one of my favorite makeup brands and I was very excited to try this color. I first got it with the limited edition Feline Fancy makeup collection bundle but they now sell this lipstick separately. This deep red is metallic with a little extra sparkle. Simply beautiful.
4. “FRANK N FURTER” Rocky Horror Picture Show Edition (matte) by MAC. I believe you can still by this shade online. I posted on article on here a long time ago when I got the Rocky Horror lipstick collection so click on the tag here to read it if you hadn’t before. This matte color is a beautiful deeper shade of a cool shade of red and is especially good if you don’t feel comfortable wearing a bright classic red but still want to rock a red lippy.
ENJOY THESE SEXY LIPSTICKS AND REMEMBER TO ALWAYS HAVE FUN!!!
I’m made friends with new youtube LC Flawless and she is a new sweet friend. I’m an empath and like I saw her and I are new friends on youtube and twitter and Instagram and we both separately did videos on mixing ALL our makeup highlights together and we both posted them within a day of each other which I thought was awesome. She is a sweetie. I also mention my girl Margo Indigo who a lot of you knowI love. Definitely check out LC’s latest highlight collaboration and of course check mine our below. I hope you like my vid here a lot. If you have anything questions about products or anything leave your questions in my comment section below. And thank you for watching my video here!
This look was really fun to create and even though it isn’t the classic vintage makeup look, it still has mostly vintage elements to it. Enjoy and below are all the products I used.
Primer: Bobbi Brown Vitamin EnrichedFace Base
Foundation: Maybelline Fit Me, Matte/Poreless in 112 Natural Ivory
Concealer: Tarte Shape Tape in “Fair”
Setting Powder: Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
Eye Shadows: “Tako” by Sugarpill and quad palette, “500 Addictive,” by Revlon Colorstay
Eyeliner: “Schwing,” by The Balm.
Mascara: Loreal Voluminous Butterfly in “Black/Noir 867.”
Brows: Dipbrow Pomade in “Chocolate,” by Anastasia of Beverly Hills.
Highlighter: Urban Decay Afterglow Palette in color “O.N.S”
Blush: Stila Convertible Color Compact in, “Lillium.”
Lipsticks: Jeffrey Star Cosmetics, velour liquid lip in, “Deceased,” and “Delicious.”
Brushes: For inner corner of eyes and under brow bone, I used the Rose Gold mini MAC Cosmetics brush in “535SE”
For base shadow, I used Morphe “M433”
For crease, I used Lab, Put A Lid On It, Angled Brush.
For my Highlight Brush, I used my fabulous smaller red rose highlight brush from Story Book Cosmetics.
Setting Spray: Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist