This video is later than my usual Hit or Miss video but better late than never. Hope you enjoy and please subscribe to my youtube video if you haven’t already. Thank you to all my supporters here!
I did a hot Jeffree Star themed photo shoot today and it was very sexy and fun. For the shoot, I dressed up in the first piece of clothing I ever bought from Jeffree Star Cosmetics which was the sexy black vegan vest with the pink lip ammunition and star ensignia that you see here. I got so into this rock and roll themed shoot, I had to wear my hot, punk rock black and blue wig. Since my first JS clothing purchase, I have bought a bunch more. And don’t get me started on all the JS makeup I own. In today’s photoshoot, with the exceptions of my wig, bottoms and shoes, I wore nothing but Jeffree Star. I truly love all of Jeffree’s products and when it comes to the makeup, all the formulas, such as the lipstick formula is top notch. It doesn’t make your lips feel super dry like other liquid lipstick brands do and is very easy to apply.
I’m losing count on all the Jeffree Star lipsticks (liquid and the lip ammunition) I have and will be buying more soon I’m sure.
The SKIN FROST highlights are amazing too and I already know what color I want to get next.
I could go on and on about how much I love Jeffree’s products!
Enjoy these photos from my “Androgny,” shoot plus my youtube video tutorial. PLEASE ENJOY AND THANK YOU TO FABULOUS JEFFREE STAR!!!!!!
I did these videos because I was recently asked about what my favorite makeup products were in terms of my every day and/or emergency “go to” items, such as favorite lipsticks, powders, highlighters, etc. I did two videos because after filming the first one, I realized I forgot to include a few things. Oops. No biggie….hahaha. They were both fun to do and I hope you enjoy them.
Audrey Hepburn is my all time favorite actress and the most beautiful actress I’ve ever seen. I have been a fan of hers since I was a little kid because of my mommy and I watched all her films. I even remembered the day she past away. That was a sad day for me.
Today I did a “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” photoshoot and I loved it. I felt very in my element. I actually did two versions of my “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” shoot which I’ll explain later. By the way, if you haven’t seen my Audrey Hepburn past blog posts, I definitely recommend you check them out. Here are my first batch of photos that I shot, channeling the most beautiful actress, Audrey Hepburn. Hope you enjoy!
Hope you enjoyed the first batch of my “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” photoshoot. The second batch is still the same style and look but I thought this new idea would be cool and fun. I have the liquid lipstick, “Breakfast at Tiffany’s,” by Jeffree Star that I got awhile ago and I thought it would be a fun idea and shoot to do my elegant Audrey photos with a dash of a baby blue lipstick called “Breakfast at Tiffany’s! Hope you like these photos too.
Photos shot by N. Sorat
These are products that people don’t always think about to think to incorporate into their skincare and make up regimen. I was one of those people a long time ago until I learned about these products when they first hit the beauty market and tried them out. After I first tried them, I wondered how I ever went without using these. All these products can make a huge difference when doing your makeup and skin care as well as changing and improving your skin. Of course you can get away with not using any of these items but once you try them, I guarantee that you’ll have a hard time not including them in your daily beauty ritual.
1. Toner- One of the main benefits of toning your skin is that it rids your skin of impurities. Facial toners are used after washing your face and before moisturizing your skin and can be used day and/or night. If you use a toner at night after removing your makeup, you rid your face of any excess makeup and oil residue that your remover and cleanser might not get. If your skin tends to be oily or acne-prone, toners can help a lot in clearing up and improving the quality of your skin.
To tone your skin, apply a dime to quarter size amount to a cotton pad/ball and gently rub it on your face. Never be harsh to your skin. You’ll be able to actually see all the impurities that were left behind on the pad. Once you’re done toning, apply your moisturizer as usual. Once you start toning on a regular basis, you’ll be able to see a difference pretty quickly in the appearance and feel of your skin.
Here are some of favorite toners. You’ve probably seen and read my reviews on some of these in the past. That’s how much I like and recommend these.
FRESH Rose deep hydration facial toner with rose petal
FRESH Rose floral toner spray- infused with soothing rosewater
THAYERS Natural Remedies, alcohol-free witch hazel toner
BENEFIT moisture prep toning lotion
2. Face Primer- The main function of a makeup primer is to increase the wear and longevity of your makeup. You apply it to your skin and usually wait a minute to let it work on your skin before you apply your makeup. Makeup primers even out the surface of your skin and doesn’t allow makeup to seep into your pores which can cause skin issues such as acne. Primers can help smooth any fine lines, wrinkles, and minimize pores. There is an endless amount of face primers on the market. They make them for all different skin types and some also have a “blurring effect,” which can camouflage imperfections and give you a flawless complexion. They can be worn with or without makeup. Some primers can also double as moisturizers as well.
Some of my favorite face primers include,
BOBBI BROWN Vitamin Enriched Face Base
STILA One step correct, skin tone correcting and brightening serum
SOAP & GLORY One Heck of a Blot Primer, instant perfecting power primer, with shine bloc 12 hr Matte Spheres and PORE-SHRINK technology
3. Eye Lid/Shadow Primer- You know when you wet your eye shadow brush to intensify the color and pigment of eye shadow? Eyeshadow primer does the same thing but better. People ask why you can’t use face primer on your eye lids and it’s because a lot of regular primers aren’t safe around the delicate area of your eyes. Lid primer like makeup primer keeps your makeup in place specifically your eye makeup from fading and shifting. It keeps your shadow from creasing as well which is always a good thing. A lot of people use their concealer as eye lid primer but I personally like the actual eye shadow primers better
Another purpose and tip for lid primer is to apply it under your eyes before you apply under eye concealer to keep it from creasing just like it prevents creasing on your eye shadow.
Suggested eye shadow primers,
THE BALM- Put a Lid on it, eyelid primer
M.A.C- Pro Longer Paint Pot
URBAN DECAY- Eyeshadow Primer Potion
4. Lip Scrub- Using a lip scrub definitely makes a difference when applying your lipstick. The purpose of a lip scrub is to get rid of the dead skin to make your lips smoother and easier to apply lip color and to make it look more even. It gently exfoliates your lips and leave them feeling extra soft and supple. If your lips are prone to to being chapped, scrubs can help that problem. Many lip scrubs also smell and taste yummy because of the sugar in the scrub and if the scrub is vegan, they are also edible. I prefer vegan edible lip scrubs.
These are my favorite lip scrubs:
JEFFREE STAR COSMETICS velour lip scrub in Strawberry Gum
BURT’S BEE’S sugar scrub
CHAPSTICK hydration lip scrub
HERE IS A LITTLE RECIPE ON MAKING YOUR OWN SCRUB AS WELL:
INGREDIENTS – Tablespoon of brown sugar or white sugar
-A dash of honey (just enough to make the sugar really stick together) OR a bit of olive oil/coconut oil
-A teeny tiny little drop of vanilla (it makes it smell yummy, but isn’t necessary.)
-A small container
DIRECTIONS AND HOW TO USE-
Mix a tablespoon of brown sugar with just enough honey (or olive oil) to get it to stick together. Once a week (twice at the very max) rub the scrub onto your lips, vigorously enough to loosen the dead skin.
Let it sit for 1 minute, and then wipe off with a damp washcloth. Apply lip balm after use.
5. Makeup Setting Spray- Setting Spray is the “TOPCOAT” to your makeup. It’s similar to a makeup primer. It keeps your makeup in place and keep it lasting throughout the day. Especially during this time of the year where the weather is getting hotter and hotter, setting spray is essential in keeping your makeup from melting and sliding off your face. You obviously apply setting spray when you’re finished with your makeup but you can also spray it throughout the day to refresh your look and to keep your skin hydrated.
My top favorite making sprays include,
URBAN DECAY ALL NIGHTER long-lasting spray
M.A.C Prep and Prime Fix
MAKEUP FOREVER Mist and Fix
*I did not take these product photos.
These are products and items that I tried that I either loved or didn’t love for the month of June. Enjoy both videos.
Here is my latest youtube vid showing the products I loved and didn’t love for the month of May! This year is going by sooooooo fast!