Here are her links so you can check out her stuff:
Two evenings ago my husband I had our date night. That included seeing the brand new “Stars Wars, the last Jedi,” which we loved. After the movie we went to one of our favorite sushi restaurants, “Ra.” It was a lot of fun and my husband wanted to take photos of my date outfit. I wore a black tank top with a lace heart on the back, new silver trousers, my 7 inch black sparkly heels, my fabulous tailored Calvin Klein blazer, and my sparkly rhinestone neck scarf that my husband bought years ago on the first vacation we ever went to which was New York City. I also donned my silver flower clip in my hair. It was a fun evening and I’m so grateful my husband helps and supports me when I need him too and that we get to work together a lot.
- Hope you enjoy this date night look of mine and if you have any questions about the outfit or where I got things, leave it in a comment below. Thank you.
Here are MORE “BEFORE AND AFTER LOOKS,” from my previous article and video post “”How to Quickly Turn Your Everyday Makeup Into a Holiday Look.”
Hope you ENJOY!
In the past on my blog I’ve mentioned many things about accessorizing and that the right accessories can completely change your outfit and/or look. These are my top favorite brands to get all my favorite accessories, from pinup and vintage style to sexy boudoir, and high fashion. I strongly recommend all these brands and think that everyone will enjoy them.
(Quick side note, as many of you know, especially if you have been reading my blog for awhile now, I’ve mentioned, written, and modeled in photoshoots while reviewing fantastic companies such as Sourpuss Clothing, Hellbunny, and Kreepsville 666, which are also my favorite brands, so I decided to not include them here in this post because they will be in another article soon about my favorite clothing brands, and I have also done past blog posts about them but I love all their accessories besides the labels I mention below.)
1. Betsey Johnson- Betsey Johnson’s accessories can DEFINITELY change on how an outfit looks and can make it POP! I can’t even remember when I first fell in love with Betsey because it was so long ago. She makes the most creative and unique pieces, from her clothing to purses, to her fabulous jewelry. I’ve honestly have never seen anything from her that I didn’t love. Her jewelry pieces are probably my favorite from her. Both my mom and I collect her jewelry. Any kind of animal, theme, or popular images such as skulls, anchors, etc., she has made.
I had to include a few pictures of Betsey’s items because I have so much stuff from her. The pictures are just a small taste to my collection. I also included my leopard purse from her because it was the first Betsey Johnson purse I ever got years ago from my incredible and wonderful mom. You can find Betsey’s stuff in stores such as Macy’s or online. If you are on a budget and/or can’t afford Betsey Johnson, I definitely recommend her other brand, BetseyVille. Betseyville has very pretty and wonderful items as well and is more affordable.
2. Bettie Page shoes (From Ellie Shoes)- This is one of my favorite shoe brands. They are a vintage inspired and pinup shoe line. They have a HUGE selection of heels in every color and also have the cutest designs such as polka dots and flowers. They come in all different heel sizes so if you don’t want six inch heels, you can get a pair with wedges instead or a three inch heel. Bettie Page shoes are also Extremely comfortable. They have built in cushions which allow you to wear them all day long. Below is my sexy pair of red Bettie heels.
3. Agent Provocateur- This lingerie line has the most beautiful lingerie. I remember the first time I ever walked into their shop. They had to fit me for my underwear and the ladies who helped me were the sweetest. It was the one of the best customer service I’ve ever had. It’s definitely not a cheap brand by any means and is a very luxurious line. Even though Agent Provocateur can be expensive, the quality of their lingerie is amazing and will last you a very long time. My two lingerie sets below are from when I lived in San Francisco and discovered their store for the first time which was about fourteen years ago, and it’s still in great shape. You can go online to find store locations as well as buy from their sexy website.
4. Lux De Ville- Lux De ville makes absolutely fabulous retro and vintage style handbags as well as train cases and wallets. Their bags look like the vinyl inside of a 1950’s car and comes in all different colors and styles. They also have a shine and sparkle to them. They recently came out with a Black Widow collection which is all spiderwebs. I love the quality of their bags. One of my favorite things about them is that they come with cute keychains to attach to the handles.
Definitely check out all these cool and fun accessory brands and have fun shopping for them.
I’ve gotten asked a lot of questions of what are some essentials to creating your own rockabilly look if you are just starting out or if you want to incorporate a little vintage flair into your everyday look and style, and I’ve decided to list 10 essential accessories that can start you off creating your own rockabilly look. Here’s a video of me showing different accessories but I also provided more close-up photos to give you an idea.
** This blog post and video are just ideas to inspire you. Make your own style your own and most importantly, have fun with your look!
1. High Waisted Shorts/Pants/Capries
2. Cardigans- Pick out at any cardigan that shoots you, for example, animal print, flowers, cupcakes, etc. Button the top button and you definitely have a rockabilly, vintage, pinup look.
3. Everyday purse- For a rockabilly purse for running errands, have a big purse so you can keep all your purse items in them such as your makeup bag, glasses, big wallets, pens, etc.
4. Wow Purses- This means for cocktail parties, fancy dinners and more.
5. Everyday Shoes- For me, everyday shoes means wedges, flats, and espadrilles for running errands.
6. Wow Shoes- Like the wow purses above, you need a sexy pair of heels/shoes for cocktails, parties, and more.
7. Red Cotton Scarves and silk scarves- It’s great to have a collections of different scarves you like because you can wear them in a variety of ways; tied around your neck, in your back pocket, in you hair in different ways, and more.
8. Hair Flowers and Accessories- Many ways to wear flowers and cute rockabilly/vintage hair clips.
9. Jewelry- If you love or want some vintage/pinup/rockabilly jewelry, some ideas can be mermaids, anchors, compasses, and more. Whatever your taste is.
10. Sunglasses- There are so many cute rockabilly and pinup sunglasses on the market. Just a pair of sunglasses can change an ordinary outfit into a vintage look.
All photos except mermaid “EVERYDAY PURSE” I didn’t shoot!
Any of you that have known me more than a minute, know that I love jewelry, especially unique, one of a kind, handmade jewelry. With that said, I have a new piece to show off and a new shop to introduce called, “Pretty Ghouls.” I came across them and Sandy, the owner of Pretty Ghouls on their i.g link and contacted them immediately complimenting all the items that were posted. As I started looking more and more, I asked Sandy if she did special requests and told her what my idea was. I love the 1985 fantastical movie, “Legend,” starring Tom Cruise, Tim Curry, and Mia Sara. My favorite part of the film is when Tim Curry, who plays “Darkness,” tries to woo and seduce Mia Sara’s character, “Princess Lily.” By doing this, he transforms her into this dark beautiful princess. The dark princess is the the image I wanted to have made into a ring. When I told Sandy what I wanted, she was more than happy to make it for me.
From that point, we started communicating back and forth about the details and size of the ring and became friends. She is so cool and we actually don’t live that far from each other and plan on going out and tearing up the town sometime soon.
I was so excited to get my new jewelry and I love wearing it. If you are looking for some cool new jewelry or accessories that you can’t find anywhere, I definitely recommend Pretty Ghouls and all the treasures that come from them. Besides jewelry, she also makes and sells shirts, pillows, and more. Below is a little bio from Sandy on how she started Pretty Ghouls and what inspired her and how she partnered with her sister. Also below are all the links to Pretty Ghouls pages and an absolutely beautiful dedication to the girl’s mom. I also put a photo of Sandy and her sister below and just an example of some of the items Pretty Ghouls make.
**”Hi my name is Sandy and I am the creator of Pretty Ghouls. It is a unique brand of jewelry, apparel and accessories for the strange and unusual like me. My jewelry includes earrings, rings and necklaces with various settings. All jewelry is handmade, unique and some feature horror inspired images. They can also be customized to fit any style. My apparel features sarcastic dark humor that will add some creepiness to your life.
The inspiration for my designs include Halloween, fantasy, 80’s genre and basically anything nerdy or creepy. My fascination for creepy things definitely came from my Mom. She loved to decorate our house with deadly decor and scare me and my sister. The best memories I have are watching scary movies like Halloween, Gremlins and Lost Boys together. I like the Eighties because it’s the era I grew up in and the movies are timeless. Some of the movies from that decade I love are “Sixteen Candles,” “The Neverending Story,” and “Back to the Future.” My products reflect my interests and when you visit my online store you can see for yourself.
My passion for crafting and designing has led me to turn what I love to do into a business. I decided to partner with my sister because when we were younger we used to make jewelry together and had so much fun. She loved the idea and Pretty Ghouls came alive! I am excited to bring my macabre and fantasy inspired brand to others. I’m sure we have what every “ghoul“ wants!”
“I would like to thank my mom for always encouraging me and my sister to believe in ourselves and never give up on our dreams. She is the reason for our love of all things weird and nerd.
We love you mom! You’ll always be our Halloween Queen💚
I recently had another guest blogger spot on my girlfriend Sarah’s blog, https://lifewithlilred.com/. You all remember the fun style swap her and I did, her as a pinup rockabilly chick and me as a preppy princess and I always love collaborating with her.
This morning she posted the blog I wrote for her spring edition on her site and it had such a nice look and turn out that I wanted to put up my post here as well. The topic of course was Spring and I decided to write a blog post entitled, “Springtime Style on a Budget.” Here it is. Hope you all enjoy and make sure to follow my blog if you aren’t already and to check out my fabulous girl Sarah’s blog as well.