This video is later than my usual Hit or Miss video but better late than never. Hope you enjoy and please subscribe to my youtube video if you haven’t already. Thank you to all my supporters here!
I did these videos because I was recently asked about what my favorite makeup products were in terms of my every day and/or emergency “go to” items, such as favorite lipsticks, powders, highlighters, etc. I did two videos because after filming the first one, I realized I forgot to include a few things. Oops. No biggie….hahaha. They were both fun to do and I hope you enjoy them.
You all saw my very spooky and awesome post titled, “Pretty Ghouls,” where my girl Sandy made me a dark Princess Lily ring from the movie, “Legend,” and she put a fabulous idea in my head to do an interpretation of the makeup she wore when the character “Darkness,” aka Tim Curry changes her from the innocent princess Lily to the dark goth-like princess. Here are some photos of me channeling the darkness of Lily. This makeup was a lot of fun to do. I also included a makeup tutorial of how I created this look with all the products I used. Enjoy and thank you again Sandy!
PRODUCTS I USED:
Foundation: Wet n Wild, photo focus foundation in Porcelain, fair/pale.
Powder: Makeup Forever ultra hd micro finishing pressed powder.
Eyes: KatVonD MetalMatte eyeshadow palette, “Jet”.
LimeCrime, “Venus 2” palette, “Boot”.
KatVonD MetalMatte eyeshadow palette, “Synergy” and “Flash”.
NYX roll on shimmer in “Nude”.
Eyebrows: Anastasia dipbrow in “Chocolate”.
Mascara: L’Oréal voluminous butterfly in Black/Noir.
Beauty Mark: The Balm in Schwing
Lipstick: LimeCrime in “Black Velvet”.
In this video I talk about a new boutique I went to for the first time today plus new products that I absolutely love and a few that I’m not thrilled with but are ok. I posted photos of the new products I love! Enjoy!
NEW PRODUCTS I LOVE!:
I forgot to mention this two products I love in my video above so I’m going to start with those:
1. BOSCIA Detoxifying Black Cleanser- This product is amazing and is a cleanser that is warm when applied that deeply cleanses, detoxifies, and dissolves impurities, makeup, and oil. It also refines the texture of your skin and the more you use it, the more it brightens your skin clarity and minimizes the look of pores over time. It works fast too which I always love when it comes to beauty products.
2. SHISEIDO Paper Blotters- This are perfect if you find your skin looking a little shiny or oily throughout the day. Instead of caking on more powder, you just simply take one sheet of these papers and with the powder side, simply blot any shiny areas. These make life a lot easier.
3. Hollywood California GLAMGLOW FLASHMUD BRIGHTENING TREATMENT- I love this new product but will talk all about it in my next post here coming up. Stay tuned!
4. THINK PINK PALETTE BY COASTAL SCENTS- Gorgeous palette with both matte and shimmer colors. Can be used wet or dry and the pigments are bright and lovely.
5. SHISEIDO IBUKI SMART FILTERING SMOOTHER- This is an amazing product to smooth and blur anything you don’t want seen on your face such as large pores and more. It can be used under and on top of makeup.
6. SHISEIDO BIO-PERFORMANCE SUPER CORRECTIVE EYE CREAM- This is a great eye cream and can be used day at night for helping any fine lines or patchiness.
7. LOREAL AGE PERFECT EYE RENEWAL- Another great eye cream that can be used day and night and really moisturizes and makes your eyes bright, dewy, and glow while getting rid of any fine lines you don’t want.
8. LAURA MERCIER TRANSLUCENT LOOSE SETTING POWDER- My new favorite loose setting powder. It’s like magic and even though it’s a little on the high price side, it’s absolutely worth it and a little of it goes a long way when you apply it so it lasts a long time.
9. BUMBLE AND BUMBLE THICKENING HAIRSPRAY- I love the brand Bumble and Bumble and was very excited to try their new spray. It has a great hold without leaving your hair stiff.
You don’t need to have expensive and/or high priced beauty lines to create your look. You can still create the look you want with drugstore makeup. In this video, you see how I apply and use ALL DRUGSTORE MAKEUP, plus a list of all the products I used. Not one piece of makeup on me in this video is from any high end, expensive lines.
L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte PowderInfallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation in “Ivory 101”
CONCEALER: True Match
POWDER: L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Powder in “Porcelain 101”
BLUSH: Cover Girl Cheekers in “Pink”
EYE SHADOW: Revlon 4 Shade Palette in “
EYELINER: e.l.f. Intense Ink Eyeliner in “Blackest Black”
EYE BROWS: Revlon Brow Fantasy Pencil and Gel in “Dark Brown”
MASCARA: L’Oréal Butterly Mascara in Black
LIPSTICK: L’Oréal in “True Red.”
Today was a pretty good day for me both at home and at work, and to top it off, I did a youtube vid to show of my look and style that loved and was strutting around in today. Here are some photos showing my look today and what I used to for my look.
Foundation LOreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24 Hour Foundation in “Classic Ivory.”
Eye Shadow: Inner corner and under brow bone- “Tako” by Sugarpill. Lid Color: “Fly,” from the “Venus 2” palette by LimeCrime. Crease Color: “Sultry,” from the “Nude’tude” palette by The Balm
Blush: Blush from Stile “Perfect Me, Perfect Hue Eye and Cheek Palette,” in Fair/Light
Eyeliner- “Schwing,” by The Balm
Mascara- Lancome- Hypnôse DRAMA-“EXCESSIVE BLACK”
Eyebrows- Anastasia Beverly Hills DipBrow Pomade in “Chocolate
Highlight- “Sin by Urban Decay
Lipstick- MAC in “Russian Red.”
For my Hair I used at 15 inch Black to Blue Ombre hair extension piece. I got mine at SOHO Fashion but you can find a variety of hair extensions at many places including online. I also decorated my hair with two beautiful aqua and turquoise jeweled pair of hair combs. I fell in love with these instantly.
I decided to do this video to show the differences between cosmetics and skincare you can find at the drugstore compared to more high end makeup and skin care you find at department stores. Enjoy!
Here are the items I talk about in this video:
1. Beauty Blenders- Original beauty blender (high end) and blender from CVS (drugstore.)
2. Foundation- (High end) MAC studio fix fluid foundation. (Drugstore) Loreal’ Infallible Pro Glow Foundation.
3. Purification Facial Masks- (DrugStore) Freeman’s Charcoal and Black Sugar Scrub Mask. (High End) Lancome’ White Clay Mask.
4. Mascara- (High End) Benefit Roller Lash. (Drugstore) Loreal’ Voluminous Butterfly Mascara
5. Blush- (High End) Stila blush and eye shadow palette in “Perfect Me, Perfect Hue, fair/light” (Drug Store) Cover girl Blush Cheeker in “Pink.”
6. Lipstick- (High End) MAC lipstick. (Drugstore) Loreal’ lipstick in “True Red.”
7. Eye shadow- (High End) Anastasia Eye shadow singles. (Drug store) Revlon four color eye shadow palette in “Addictive.”