As you saw in my previous post, I’m offering readings like I always offer and now I give discounted prices for some of them depending on the length. My girlfriend Rose and I did one the other evening and she made a special video of her reaction to me. It was so sweet and I’m so grateful she is in my life! Make sure to watch this video and subscribe to her channel!
It’s been awhile since I posted a “Tips and Tricks” article so here’s some new things to try out for this month.
1. If your cuticles are constantly dry, especially since the weather is getting cooler, or if you have a tendency to get hangnails and you can’t go get a manicure as often as you want, a pair of cotton gloves and cuticle oil will help you out. You can get a pair at the drug store and apply some cuticle oil to your nails and around them and up your fingers. (I use citrus scented with real flowers inside.) When you’re finished, put on your gloves and let the oil soak into your nails and skin for atleast an hour. Your skin and cuticles will feel so much better after.
2. If you get headaches a lot or have a massive migraine but don’t want to take a lot of medicine, apply a tiny bit of peppermint oil to your temples and a drop on your forehead. Massage oil gently into your skin. In a couple of minutes, the oil and it’s aromatic healing properties will help that head pain disappear.
3. Here’s another essential oil tip. I love using essential oils for both their magical and healing properties. If you’re feeling stressed or anxious, take a few drops of lavender oil and apply a drop to both of their wrists. Also place a drop on your chest. Massage in. Lavender provides, peace and calmness . Just breathe in the delicious fragrance and it will help calm you down.
4. If you want to wear highlighter but don’t want to spend money on a highlighter pan because you don’t know if you’ll like it or just don’t want to spend extra cash on one, using eyeshadow that is a shimmer will give your face and specifically your cheek bones a lovely glow. Some good shadows that I like to play around with include Sugarpill’s “Wink” and Storybook Cosmetics Wizard and Wizardry, “Jinx” and “Bewitched.” Pressed shimmer shadows work best. If you want a more intense highlight, a pressed glitter shadow will let you achieve that look.
5. This is probably the most important and helpful tip and trick on here!
If you find yourself really hot and sweating a lot, pouring a little ice cold water on your wrist will cool down the blood and stop your sweating and hot flashes. An ice cube will do the same thing. This trick also works if you’re having an ANXIETY or PANIC attack. The coldness will help STOP them dead in their tracks.
Hope these tips and tricks help you out or just make your life a little easier.
Sending love to you all. 💝🍒
I couldn’t resist the urge to post yet another picture of my heavy metal sister Rhonda Burnett. As a new ritual, I should put a new makeup picture of her every week. Hehehe. The reason for posting about her again, not that I need one, is because of her incredible makeup look that turned herself into Maleficent. She looks absolutely stunning and if we lived closer I know we’d be doing our makeup together almost daily.
Enjoy another one of Rhonda’s wonderful makeup looks. I’m thinking of attempting this makeup job in the future. We shall see.
I’ve been wanting to do this article for awhile now. I’m not talking about how your house will never be a home unless you have specific items. This article is about not listening to other people who are blatantly telling you what your home should look like, otherwise it wouldn’t be your home, it would be their’s.
To create an environment that you are comfortable and in love with here are a few tips and ideas. First, think about what your personality and interests are. Are you big into sports? Are you a music lover? Do you like Modern art, etc.?
Also don’t feel that your house has to have one style such as contemporary, modern, etc. I love mixing different styles. I love being creative.
Using my house as an example, my style is not just one thing. I have mostly vintage pieces mixed with rock and roll, movie posters that have great significance to me, a sugar skulls, and a lot of magical pieces and hanging art that both my husband and I did. My house is very eclectic. Even though I have more than one theme to my home style, I’ve made it so it all coincides together.
You don’t necessarily need to have a lot of money when furnishing and decorating your house. If you can afford custom furniture, that’s great but if you can’t, you can still have really cool furniture pieces by DIY.
For example, you can take a table, like a small TV tray table or a cheap nightstand from good will and decorate it with images that you love from magazines or clippings and then seal them with strong adhesive. I’ve done that in the past and have had great results with it. You can also paint and repurpose furniture. Goodwill, flea markets, Target, and consignment shops are great places to check out and search for hidden treasures if you’re on a budget. If you need help on doing DIY furniture, there are many youtube tutorials that can help you out. This image below is from a DIY youtube channel. You just need to explore different channels.
Another tip is that if you have your home a particular style but find a piece of art, a special object, or something that doesn’t go with your decorative style, but you can’t live without it, definitely buy it. If you really love it, you’ll be able to incorporate into your decorations at your home.
Below are a few items from my home in different genres just to give you an idea how more than one style can work in your home.
Hope these ideas, tips, and tricks help you create your own livable and lovable space.