My sexy Halloween Look of the Day and tutorial! If you have any questions on products or more, please feel free to ask on here and my youtube and make sure to subscribe and follow my youtube channel and on here! Thank you!
Here’s my product review “Hits or Misses,” video for the month of July. Enjoy.
I did these videos because I was recently asked about what my favorite makeup products were in terms of my every day and/or emergency “go to” items, such as favorite lipsticks, powders, highlighters, etc. I did two videos because after filming the first one, I realized I forgot to include a few things. Oops. No biggie….hahaha. They were both fun to do and I hope you enjoy them.
These are products that people don’t always think about to think to incorporate into their skincare and make up regimen. I was one of those people a long time ago until I learned about these products when they first hit the beauty market and tried them out. After I first tried them, I wondered how I ever went without using these. All these products can make a huge difference when doing your makeup and skin care as well as changing and improving your skin. Of course you can get away with not using any of these items but once you try them, I guarantee that you’ll have a hard time not including them in your daily beauty ritual.
1. Toner- One of the main benefits of toning your skin is that it rids your skin of impurities. Facial toners are used after washing your face and before moisturizing your skin and can be used day and/or night. If you use a toner at night after removing your makeup, you rid your face of any excess makeup and oil residue that your remover and cleanser might not get. If your skin tends to be oily or acne-prone, toners can help a lot in clearing up and improving the quality of your skin.
To tone your skin, apply a dime to quarter size amount to a cotton pad/ball and gently rub it on your face. Never be harsh to your skin. You’ll be able to actually see all the impurities that were left behind on the pad. Once you’re done toning, apply your moisturizer as usual. Once you start toning on a regular basis, you’ll be able to see a difference pretty quickly in the appearance and feel of your skin.
Here are some of favorite toners. You’ve probably seen and read my reviews on some of these in the past. That’s how much I like and recommend these.
FRESH Rose deep hydration facial toner with rose petal
FRESH Rose floral toner spray- infused with soothing rosewater
THAYERS Natural Remedies, alcohol-free witch hazel toner
BENEFIT moisture prep toning lotion
2. Face Primer- The main function of a makeup primer is to increase the wear and longevity of your makeup. You apply it to your skin and usually wait a minute to let it work on your skin before you apply your makeup. Makeup primers even out the surface of your skin and doesn’t allow makeup to seep into your pores which can cause skin issues such as acne. Primers can help smooth any fine lines, wrinkles, and minimize pores. There is an endless amount of face primers on the market. They make them for all different skin types and some also have a “blurring effect,” which can camouflage imperfections and give you a flawless complexion. They can be worn with or without makeup. Some primers can also double as moisturizers as well.
Some of my favorite face primers include,
BOBBI BROWN Vitamin Enriched Face Base
STILA One step correct, skin tone correcting and brightening serum
SOAP & GLORY One Heck of a Blot Primer, instant perfecting power primer, with shine bloc 12 hr Matte Spheres and PORE-SHRINK technology
3. Eye Lid/Shadow Primer- You know when you wet your eye shadow brush to intensify the color and pigment of eye shadow? Eyeshadow primer does the same thing but better. People ask why you can’t use face primer on your eye lids and it’s because a lot of regular primers aren’t safe around the delicate area of your eyes. Lid primer like makeup primer keeps your makeup in place specifically your eye makeup from fading and shifting. It keeps your shadow from creasing as well which is always a good thing. A lot of people use their concealer as eye lid primer but I personally like the actual eye shadow primers better
Another purpose and tip for lid primer is to apply it under your eyes before you apply under eye concealer to keep it from creasing just like it prevents creasing on your eye shadow.
Suggested eye shadow primers,
THE BALM- Put a Lid on it, eyelid primer
M.A.C- Pro Longer Paint Pot
URBAN DECAY- Eyeshadow Primer Potion
4. Lip Scrub- Using a lip scrub definitely makes a difference when applying your lipstick. The purpose of a lip scrub is to get rid of the dead skin to make your lips smoother and easier to apply lip color and to make it look more even. It gently exfoliates your lips and leave them feeling extra soft and supple. If your lips are prone to to being chapped, scrubs can help that problem. Many lip scrubs also smell and taste yummy because of the sugar in the scrub and if the scrub is vegan, they are also edible. I prefer vegan edible lip scrubs.
These are my favorite lip scrubs:
JEFFREE STAR COSMETICS velour lip scrub in Strawberry Gum
BURT’S BEE’S sugar scrub
CHAPSTICK hydration lip scrub
HERE IS A LITTLE RECIPE ON MAKING YOUR OWN SCRUB AS WELL:
INGREDIENTS – Tablespoon of brown sugar or white sugar
-A dash of honey (just enough to make the sugar really stick together) OR a bit of olive oil/coconut oil
-A teeny tiny little drop of vanilla (it makes it smell yummy, but isn’t necessary.)
-A small container
DIRECTIONS AND HOW TO USE-
Mix a tablespoon of brown sugar with just enough honey (or olive oil) to get it to stick together. Once a week (twice at the very max) rub the scrub onto your lips, vigorously enough to loosen the dead skin.
Let it sit for 1 minute, and then wipe off with a damp washcloth. Apply lip balm after use.
5. Makeup Setting Spray- Setting Spray is the “TOPCOAT” to your makeup. It’s similar to a makeup primer. It keeps your makeup in place and keep it lasting throughout the day. Especially during this time of the year where the weather is getting hotter and hotter, setting spray is essential in keeping your makeup from melting and sliding off your face. You obviously apply setting spray when you’re finished with your makeup but you can also spray it throughout the day to refresh your look and to keep your skin hydrated.
My top favorite making sprays include,
URBAN DECAY ALL NIGHTER long-lasting spray
M.A.C Prep and Prime Fix
MAKEUP FOREVER Mist and Fix
*I did not take these product photos.
You all saw my very spooky and awesome post titled, “Pretty Ghouls,” where my girl Sandy made me a dark Princess Lily ring from the movie, “Legend,” and she put a fabulous idea in my head to do an interpretation of the makeup she wore when the character “Darkness,” aka Tim Curry changes her from the innocent princess Lily to the dark goth-like princess. Here are some photos of me channeling the darkness of Lily. This makeup was a lot of fun to do. I also included a makeup tutorial of how I created this look with all the products I used. Enjoy and thank you again Sandy!
PRODUCTS I USED:
Foundation: Wet n Wild, photo focus foundation in Porcelain, fair/pale.
Powder: Makeup Forever ultra hd micro finishing pressed powder.
Eyes: KatVonD MetalMatte eyeshadow palette, “Jet”.
LimeCrime, “Venus 2” palette, “Boot”.
KatVonD MetalMatte eyeshadow palette, “Synergy” and “Flash”.
NYX roll on shimmer in “Nude”.
Eyebrows: Anastasia dipbrow in “Chocolate”.
Mascara: L’Oréal voluminous butterfly in Black/Noir.
Beauty Mark: The Balm in Schwing
Lipstick: LimeCrime in “Black Velvet”.
In this video I talk about a new boutique I went to for the first time today plus new products that I absolutely love and a few that I’m not thrilled with but are ok. I posted photos of the new products I love! Enjoy!
NEW PRODUCTS I LOVE!:
I forgot to mention this two products I love in my video above so I’m going to start with those:
1. BOSCIA Detoxifying Black Cleanser- This product is amazing and is a cleanser that is warm when applied that deeply cleanses, detoxifies, and dissolves impurities, makeup, and oil. It also refines the texture of your skin and the more you use it, the more it brightens your skin clarity and minimizes the look of pores over time. It works fast too which I always love when it comes to beauty products.
2. SHISEIDO Paper Blotters- This are perfect if you find your skin looking a little shiny or oily throughout the day. Instead of caking on more powder, you just simply take one sheet of these papers and with the powder side, simply blot any shiny areas. These make life a lot easier.
3. Hollywood California GLAMGLOW FLASHMUD BRIGHTENING TREATMENT- I love this new product but will talk all about it in my next post here coming up. Stay tuned!
4. THINK PINK PALETTE BY COASTAL SCENTS- Gorgeous palette with both matte and shimmer colors. Can be used wet or dry and the pigments are bright and lovely.
5. SHISEIDO IBUKI SMART FILTERING SMOOTHER- This is an amazing product to smooth and blur anything you don’t want seen on your face such as large pores and more. It can be used under and on top of makeup.
6. SHISEIDO BIO-PERFORMANCE SUPER CORRECTIVE EYE CREAM- This is a great eye cream and can be used day at night for helping any fine lines or patchiness.
7. LOREAL AGE PERFECT EYE RENEWAL- Another great eye cream that can be used day and night and really moisturizes and makes your eyes bright, dewy, and glow while getting rid of any fine lines you don’t want.
8. LAURA MERCIER TRANSLUCENT LOOSE SETTING POWDER- My new favorite loose setting powder. It’s like magic and even though it’s a little on the high price side, it’s absolutely worth it and a little of it goes a long way when you apply it so it lasts a long time.
9. BUMBLE AND BUMBLE THICKENING HAIRSPRAY- I love the brand Bumble and Bumble and was very excited to try their new spray. It has a great hold without leaving your hair stiff.
This video shows how to do a naturally beautiful vintage pinup eye makeup look from shadow, eye-liner, lashes, brows, and more.
Underneath my video is the products I talked about and used in this video demo!
Hope you enjoy!
- Eye Primer- Urban Decay Eye Primer in “Original.”
- Eye Shadows- Sugar Pill in “Tako,” and Revlon Colorstay, 16 Hour eye shadow in “Addictive (500)”
- Eye Curler- Shiseido
- Eye Liner(s)- Kat Von D tattoo liner in “Trooper,” and Makeup Forever Graphic Liner. NOTE: I like to sometimes layer my eyeliners to get more of a beautiful shiny black wing so I definitely combine them at times. If you do this, depending on what liner you use, make sure to have a steady hand and to not layer them all at once. Let atleast one of the liners dry before drawing on top of them. But you ALL KNOW THIS TIP, feel free to always experiment to see what you like and what looks good on you, but not when you’re in a rush.
- Mascara-L’oreal Voluminous Butterfly in “Black/Noir.”
- Eyebrow Makeup- Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade in “Chocolate.”
- Eyebrow Gel- Anastasia Clear Brow Gel