I bought the Little Twin Star Collection but didn’t really review it here mainly because I used the entire collection in my last photoshoot and have been tweeting with the fabulous people at Sugarpill on how much I loved that collection. Yesterday I received my Sugarpill “High Tea,” Liquid Lipstick collection and I’m already in love. Every color is something that I would wear on a daily basis and of course the liquid lip formula is fantastic. Sugarpill and Jeffree Star Cosmetics are my two favorite brands that have the best liquid lip formulas.
Here is my NEW YOUTUBE VIDEO ABOUT MY LOVE FOR SUGARPILL COSMETICS! Also are the beautiful swatches and names of the gorgeous “High Tea” colors. I’m wearing “CLINK” in my pictures here! Thank you Sugarpill Cosmetics for another fabulous product and for being my favorite makeup brand.
My signature color of course is red. Red is my favorite color and I love wearing it on my pout. I mainly wear classic red which is a blue toned red which looks better on me rather than an orange based lipstick. Blue toned is also more versatile and looks great on all skin tones.
Sometimes I like wearing a deeper burgundy or a brighter shade but it’s still in the red family. I sometimes change up my lipstick color for fun or if it’s for a certain look but classic red is my go to.
Here is a list of my favorite red lipsticks, both liquid and in a regular lipstick tube. A long time ago I did an article on here about my favorite red shaded lipstick so you might recognize one or two shades that I had mentioned long about but for the most stuf I’m showing new reds. Also I do mention the same makeup brands more than once such as Jeffree Star Cosmetics and MAC but the only reason why is that I love and truly believe in those formulas and love wearing them!
MY TOP FAVORITE RED LIPSTICKS THAT I WEAR THE MOST:
1. “RedRum” Velour liquid lipstick by Jeffree Star Cosmetics- (I know I’ve said this before but Jeffree’s liquid formula is my absolute favorite liquid lipstick formula.) RedRum is the perfect classic blue toned red with a sexy matte finish and you’ll all know I’m a matte lipstick whore.
2. “BAWSE” Always on liquid lipstick by Smashbox- I had always heard a lot of great things about Smashbox’s lipsticks but the reds always seemed too orange for my complexion but when I saw “Bawse” a few months ago, I knew I had to try it. It’s a fantastic blueish red, the formula is wonderful, and the applicator point is a triangle-shaped so you can use it as a lipliner before filling in your lips.
3. “Russian Red” Matte lipstick by MAC.- This lipstick I had posted in my last favorite red lipstick article but of course the reason why is that it’s a fabulous matte classic red that I still love using.
Here are my two favorite red lipliners that I’ve talked about before many times but because I love the colors and the smooth non-drying formula. Make sure to line and fill in you lips before applying lipstick. A lot of people don’t think it’s necessary to use liner if you’re using a liquid formula but I still do to define my lipstick clearly.
“WONDERLAND” and “714” 24/7 Glide-On lip pencil, both by Urban Decay. The 24/7 glide-on lip pencils is my absolute favorite lip liner formula. It goes on smoothly and doesn’t dry out your lips.
Here are other red lipsticks that I like using. Some are deeper shades than the classic red:
1. “RED HAUTE” Color Design matte by Lancome- A very beautiful matte cool-toned red.
2. “UNICORN BLOOD” Velour Liquid Lipstick by Jeffree Star Cosmetics- This was the first lipstick I ever purchased and I love this color. It’s a dusty dark rusty matte lipstick that is very deep and sultry.
3. “STRANGE LOVE” Liquid Lip Color by SugarPill- Sugarpill is one of my favorite makeup brands and I was very excited to try this color. I first got it with the limited edition Feline Fancy makeup collection bundle but they now sell this lipstick separately. This deep red is metallic with a little extra sparkle. Simply beautiful.
4. “FRANK N FURTER” Rocky Horror Picture Show Edition (matte) by MAC. I believe you can still by this shade online. I posted on article on here a long time ago when I got the Rocky Horror lipstick collection so click on the tag here to read it if you hadn’t before. This matte color is a beautiful deeper shade of a cool shade of red and is especially good if you don’t feel comfortable wearing a bright classic red but still want to rock a red lippy.
ENJOY THESE SEXY LIPSTICKS AND REMEMBER TO ALWAYS HAVE FUN!!!