Here’s my product review “Hits or Misses,” video for the month of July. Enjoy.
Here’s my product review “Hits or Misses,” video for the month of July. Enjoy.
These are products that people don’t always think about to think to incorporate into their skincare and make up regimen. I was one of those people a long time ago until I learned about these products when they first hit the beauty market and tried them out. After I first tried them, I wondered how I ever went without using these. All these products can make a huge difference when doing your makeup and skin care as well as changing and improving your skin. Of course you can get away with not using any of these items but once you try them, I guarantee that you’ll have a hard time not including them in your daily beauty ritual.
1. Toner- One of the main benefits of toning your skin is that it rids your skin of impurities. Facial toners are used after washing your face and before moisturizing your skin and can be used day and/or night. If you use a toner at night after removing your makeup, you rid your face of any excess makeup and oil residue that your remover and cleanser might not get. If your skin tends to be oily or acne-prone, toners can help a lot in clearing up and improving the quality of your skin.
To tone your skin, apply a dime to quarter size amount to a cotton pad/ball and gently rub it on your face. Never be harsh to your skin. You’ll be able to actually see all the impurities that were left behind on the pad. Once you’re done toning, apply your moisturizer as usual. Once you start toning on a regular basis, you’ll be able to see a difference pretty quickly in the appearance and feel of your skin.
Here are some of favorite toners. You’ve probably seen and read my reviews on some of these in the past. That’s how much I like and recommend these.
FRESH Rose deep hydration facial toner with rose petal
FRESH Rose floral toner spray- infused with soothing rosewater
THAYERS Natural Remedies, alcohol-free witch hazel toner
BENEFIT moisture prep toning lotion
2. Face Primer- The main function of a makeup primer is to increase the wear and longevity of your makeup. You apply it to your skin and usually wait a minute to let it work on your skin before you apply your makeup. Makeup primers even out the surface of your skin and doesn’t allow makeup to seep into your pores which can cause skin issues such as acne. Primers can help smooth any fine lines, wrinkles, and minimize pores. There is an endless amount of face primers on the market. They make them for all different skin types and some also have a “blurring effect,” which can camouflage imperfections and give you a flawless complexion. They can be worn with or without makeup. Some primers can also double as moisturizers as well.
Some of my favorite face primers include,
BOBBI BROWN Vitamin Enriched Face Base
STILA One step correct, skin tone correcting and brightening serum
SOAP & GLORY One Heck of a Blot Primer, instant perfecting power primer, with shine bloc 12 hr Matte Spheres and PORE-SHRINK technology
3. Eye Lid/Shadow Primer- You know when you wet your eye shadow brush to intensify the color and pigment of eye shadow? Eyeshadow primer does the same thing but better. People ask why you can’t use face primer on your eye lids and it’s because a lot of regular primers aren’t safe around the delicate area of your eyes. Lid primer like makeup primer keeps your makeup in place specifically your eye makeup from fading and shifting. It keeps your shadow from creasing as well which is always a good thing. A lot of people use their concealer as eye lid primer but I personally like the actual eye shadow primers better
Another purpose and tip for lid primer is to apply it under your eyes before you apply under eye concealer to keep it from creasing just like it prevents creasing on your eye shadow.
Suggested eye shadow primers,
THE BALM- Put a Lid on it, eyelid primer
M.A.C- Pro Longer Paint Pot
URBAN DECAY- Eyeshadow Primer Potion
4. Lip Scrub- Using a lip scrub definitely makes a difference when applying your lipstick. The purpose of a lip scrub is to get rid of the dead skin to make your lips smoother and easier to apply lip color and to make it look more even. It gently exfoliates your lips and leave them feeling extra soft and supple. If your lips are prone to to being chapped, scrubs can help that problem. Many lip scrubs also smell and taste yummy because of the sugar in the scrub and if the scrub is vegan, they are also edible. I prefer vegan edible lip scrubs.
These are my favorite lip scrubs:
JEFFREE STAR COSMETICS velour lip scrub in Strawberry Gum
BURT’S BEE’S sugar scrub
CHAPSTICK hydration lip scrub
HERE IS A LITTLE RECIPE ON MAKING YOUR OWN SCRUB AS WELL:
INGREDIENTS – Tablespoon of brown sugar or white sugar
-A dash of honey (just enough to make the sugar really stick together) OR a bit of olive oil/coconut oil
-A teeny tiny little drop of vanilla (it makes it smell yummy, but isn’t necessary.)
-A small container
DIRECTIONS AND HOW TO USE-
Mix a tablespoon of brown sugar with just enough honey (or olive oil) to get it to stick together. Once a week (twice at the very max) rub the scrub onto your lips, vigorously enough to loosen the dead skin.
Let it sit for 1 minute, and then wipe off with a damp washcloth. Apply lip balm after use.
5. Makeup Setting Spray- Setting Spray is the “TOPCOAT” to your makeup. It’s similar to a makeup primer. It keeps your makeup in place and keep it lasting throughout the day. Especially during this time of the year where the weather is getting hotter and hotter, setting spray is essential in keeping your makeup from melting and sliding off your face. You obviously apply setting spray when you’re finished with your makeup but you can also spray it throughout the day to refresh your look and to keep your skin hydrated.
My top favorite making sprays include,
URBAN DECAY ALL NIGHTER long-lasting spray
M.A.C Prep and Prime Fix
MAKEUP FOREVER Mist and Fix
*I did not take these product photos.
These are products and items that I tried that I either loved or didn’t love for the month of June. Enjoy both videos.
Since I did a blog post and video on my morning skincare routine, I thought it was only fair and fitting to do a video and blog post on my nightly skincare ritual and to again list the products I use that work very well. Most of the products I talk about in this post and in my last one, I’ve done reviews and write ups on, some awhile ago which means they work THAT well for me and that I still really love them. But as I said in my last post, the products used and my routine is to serve as inspiration to every one on how to keep their skin looking beautiful. If you use a product or have a different way of using skincare, by all means, do what works best for you. Enjoy this post and video and of course make sure to follow me here on my blog and subscribe to my channel if you haven’t done so yet.
Garnier- skin active micellar cleansing water
Fresh- Soy face cleanser
Thayers natural remedies- witch hazel toner
Fresh- Rose face mask
Elizavecca Milky Piggy- carbonated bubble clay mask
Soap&glory- beauty sleep accelerator, night and flight moisture miracle
LilyAna Naturals- rosehip and hibiscus eye cream
Clean&Clear- persa-gel, 10% benzoyl peroxide acne medication, maximum strength
I get compliments on my skin all the time and one of my nicknames is Snow White cause of my fair skin, black hair, and red lips. I recently met a very sweet woman walking near me in the mall and we chatted about our tattoos, how pushy some skin care vendors are and more. This sweet lady complimented me on my skin and look so I decided to share my skin care routine, Here is how I do my skincare in the morning. I decided to do a video on my youtube channel besides writing and posting here because I switch up my morning routine.
The products that I use are just suggestions to inspire you and what works can possibly work for you since these products and brands work for me. I hope this inspires you and enjoy. If you have any questions or concerns, leave a comment here below or on my youtube channel. And if you haven’t already, subscribe to my youtube channel and follow my blog here!
HERE ARE THE PRODUCTS THAT I USE AND TALK ABOUT IN THIS MORNING ROUTINE VIDEO. STAY TUNED TO MY NIGHT TIME SKINCARE ROUTINE!
Boscia-detoxifying black cleanser
Origins- ginzing refreshing scrub cleanser
Fresh-Rose Floral toner spray
Origins-ginzing refreshing eye cream
JeffreeStarCosmetics- velour lip scrub in Strawberry Gum
Stila- one step correct, correcting and brightening serum.
BobbiBrown- vitamin enriched face base
Soap&Glory- one heck of a blot primer
Smashbox- photo finish foundation primer
Sheisedo- ibuki Smart filtering smoother
LUSH- cup o coffee, face and body mask
Fan by the brand Sourpuss
I’ve been a packaging whore for a long time now. I used to design packaging for a huge stationary company years ago which was so much fun, especially when I would go to the stores and see my work. I think packaging, especially for beauty products is very important because it is the first thing you see and can give you a good/or not so good first impression.
I decided to name and post my top favorite packaging beauty products here. It was hard to choose which ones I wanted to post because I love so many fabulous beauty products.
1. SOAP AND GLORY- I’ve definitely mentioned this brand many times and how much I love their products here on my blog and in several of my youtube videos. When I first saw the packaging of Soap and Glory long ago, I immediately fell in love with the vintage look of it. I knew instantly I needed to try the products and I’m so glad I did.
2. THE BALM COSMETICS- Another pinup and vintage inspired company that I absolutely love. Besides the outside look of the packaging and how amazing the products are, the inside packaging is so cheeky, cute, and beautiful. For example, one of their palettes I have is called, “Meet Matt(e) nude eye shadow with a sexy cartoon man on the cover.
3. SUGARPILL- I use Sugarpill pretty much everyday. The colors are highly pigmented which I love, plus the pink and shiny pastel colored packaging is just gorgeous.
4. GLAMGLOW- With the different colors depending on the product and it’s use, the silver packaging is very luxurious while all the products work extremely well.
5. TARTE SWAMP QUEEN- This is a little different from the above. I don’t use a lot of Tarte products except for the “Tarte GRAV3YARDGIRL SWAMP QUEEN” palette. It was a limited edition palette from youtube sensation, GRAV3YARDGIRL who has a fun personality. When it came out, I knew I needed to get this palette because not only is the packaging wonderful with an authentic wood feel, an alligator logo, and a shiny gold color, but also because I love her message on anti-bullying and anxiety when she created this palette with Tarte.
GRAV3YARDGIRL shows her own version of beauty and has a very positive message about bullying and anxiety. She also encourages people to love and accept oneself and others which is so wonderful. Plus all the pans smell like yummy vanilla.
6. JEFFREE STAR COSMETICS- I just got Jeffree’s “ANDROGYNY” palette yesterday but I have been using a few of her other products for awhile now, such as the Velour liquid lipsticks, skin frost, and lip scrub, and I’ve been very impressed by all of them. I also have some of her clothing as well which I’m wearing as I speak. I can’t wait to try out the eye palette today. I love the pink reptile feel cover mixed with the shiny Jeffree star logo. Inside is a gorgeous Victorian Star pattern with the mirror also. It feels so luxurious and so beautiful.
I decided to do a video this time to give my opinions and reviews on the latest beauty products that I tried. Enjoy!
Soap and Glory, Beauty sleep accelerator, night and flight moisture miracle
Soap and Glory, One Heck of a blot, instant perfecting Primer
Fresh, Rose Floral Toner
LUSH, Cup O’Coffee, face and body mask
Urban Decay, All Nighter, makeup setting spray.
Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser’s Invisible Oil, dry oil finishing spray.