Enjoy! xoxo Carlie
Enjoy! xoxo Carlie
My wonderful girlfriend Retro Dee and I decided for our latest collaboration, we would recreate the cute Little Twin Stars that we both loved as a child. For this collaboration, I am LaLa with my pink hair and makeup while Dee portrayed Kiki with her blue and teal hair and makeup. We both made our photos look vintage/polaroid style which look completely amazing. Dee and I look so cute in our matching Little Twin Stars tops as well. Enjoy our photos and stay tuned for the next collaboration, Retro Dee and I already have in the works and make sure to check out her amazing Retro Vintage Blog: retrodee.wordpress.com
The makeup I wore was from my special edition Sugarpill Cosmetics, Little Twin Stars collection, duh. On my eyes, I wore “Sky Candy,” and under my brow bone, I wore “Dream Dust” and “Cloud Maker.” I used my gorgeous La Mer setting powder and on my lips I used the Sugarpill Little Twin Star liquid lipstick in “Lala,” but also did a few extra shots at the end wearing my matching Little Twin Star lipstick in, “Kiki.”
Ok even though I love buying and trying new makeup brands, products, and different looks but my these are my top makeup essentials that I can’t be without!!!!!
1. “Tako” by SugarpillCosmetics, the greatest matte white eyeshadow ever
2. My Shiseido eye lash curler
3. Clinique’ pretty easy liner in black
4. Mascara, duh, one of my faves is Tarte lights, camera, action mascara in black
5. Red lipstick, again duh. My faves are “Bawse” by Smashbox Cosmetics and “Redrum” by JeffreeStarCosmetics
I bought the Little Twin Star Collection but didn’t really review it here mainly because I used the entire collection in my last photoshoot and have been tweeting with the fabulous people at Sugarpill on how much I loved that collection. Yesterday I received my Sugarpill “High Tea,” Liquid Lipstick collection and I’m already in love. Every color is something that I would wear on a daily basis and of course the liquid lip formula is fantastic. Sugarpill and Jeffree Star Cosmetics are my two favorite brands that have the best liquid lip formulas.
Here is my NEW YOUTUBE VIDEO ABOUT MY LOVE FOR SUGARPILL COSMETICS! Also are the beautiful swatches and names of the gorgeous “High Tea” colors. I’m wearing “CLINK” in my pictures here! Thank you Sugarpill Cosmetics for another fabulous product and for being my favorite makeup brand.
Here’s my last installment of my “Power of Lipstick” Trilogy. I’m ending this last lipstick part with my favorite colors that are more on the edgy side but are still hot, fun, and beautiful to wear.
It was hard for me to choose which colors I wanted to show here but here are my top faves:
1. “Savage” (mega matte,) Vice lipstick by Urban Decay- This bright pink lipstick is hot hot hot. I love wearing this lipstick, especially when I do a colorful look, a hot psychobilly look, or just for fun. The Urban Decay VICE formula is one of my favorite lip formulas and I definitely recommend checking them out. I also use the matching Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on lipliner in “Frenemy”
2. “Twitch” (cream) Vice lipstick by Urban Decay- I love this beautiful purple color. It’s not too dark, it’s not too light. It’s the perfect purple lipstick. With this color, I don’t wear lip liner all the time but when I do, I use Urban Decay 24/7 glide on lipliner in”Pandemonium.”
3. “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” Velour liquid lipstick from Jeffree Star Cosmetics- last year I did a “Breakfast at Tiffany’s shoot and the last few photos I had shot, I put this lipstick on. I thought it would be fun and those pictures looked really cool with it on. One of my favorite films, if not my favorite of all time is “Breakfast at Tiffany’s,” and I love how this lipstick is the exact shade of Tiffany’s bags and box packaging. If you haven’t seen my Breakfast at Tiffany’s shoot, definitely check it out here.
4. “Venus Flytrap” Velour liquid lipstick from Jeffree Star Cosmetics (Chrome Collection)- I’ve used this fabulous green chartreuse color many times A LOT in makeup tutorials and looks. Some might think how or why would you wear this color but that’s just because you’re unique, like to stand out, and are fabulous.
5. “Trinket” liquid lip color by Sugarpill- In my December Hits/Misses youtube video, I talked about buying and wearing this color and it was definitely a HIT for me. If you haven’t done so already, please go check that youtube vid out on my youtube channel and I posted it here in December as well. “Trinket” is Sugarpill’s very first liquid lipstick, and has a sexy Matte to Sparkle formula. The color is a matte mauve infused with luminous golden sparkles that stay and become more bright as the formula dries. I love the pigment and how it is very long-lasting and never feels too dry.
Most of you know I rarely wear lip gloss on a daily basis but the I do have few that I absolutely love wearing, either by itself on top of regular lipstick.
Here are my favorite glosses and toppers:
1. “Melted Honey” by Chanel- This sparkly gold gloss is so sexy and looks very sexy on when worn alone. It also looks hot when you have a lipstick on already, like a dark red or purple, and then apply the gloss in just the center of your lips.
2. “Rose Gold” lip topper by Jouer Cosmetics- Jouer has the best lip toppers. My Rose Gold is stunning and again very sexy. The glitter and color is very pigmented and doesn’t feel sticky. It smells yummy too, like caramel. Like with my Chanel gloss, this lip topper looks wickedly sexy alone or on top of lipstick.
Hope you enjoyed reading my list of lipsticks and my reviews on them. I definitely recommend checking out every color I speak about in all three parts of my “Power of Lipstick” series. Thank you so much.
My signature color of course is red. Red is my favorite color and I love wearing it on my pout. I mainly wear classic red which is a blue toned red which looks better on me rather than an orange based lipstick. Blue toned is also more versatile and looks great on all skin tones.
Sometimes I like wearing a deeper burgundy or a brighter shade but it’s still in the red family. I sometimes change up my lipstick color for fun or if it’s for a certain look but classic red is my go to.
Here is a list of my favorite red lipsticks, both liquid and in a regular lipstick tube. A long time ago I did an article on here about my favorite red shaded lipstick so you might recognize one or two shades that I had mentioned long about but for the most stuf I’m showing new reds. Also I do mention the same makeup brands more than once such as Jeffree Star Cosmetics and MAC but the only reason why is that I love and truly believe in those formulas and love wearing them!
MY TOP FAVORITE RED LIPSTICKS THAT I WEAR THE MOST:
1. “RedRum” Velour liquid lipstick by Jeffree Star Cosmetics- (I know I’ve said this before but Jeffree’s liquid formula is my absolute favorite liquid lipstick formula.) RedRum is the perfect classic blue toned red with a sexy matte finish and you’ll all know I’m a matte lipstick whore.
2. “BAWSE” Always on liquid lipstick by Smashbox- I had always heard a lot of great things about Smashbox’s lipsticks but the reds always seemed too orange for my complexion but when I saw “Bawse” a few months ago, I knew I had to try it. It’s a fantastic blueish red, the formula is wonderful, and the applicator point is a triangle-shaped so you can use it as a lipliner before filling in your lips.
3. “Russian Red” Matte lipstick by MAC.- This lipstick I had posted in my last favorite red lipstick article but of course the reason why is that it’s a fabulous matte classic red that I still love using.
Here are my two favorite red lipliners that I’ve talked about before many times but because I love the colors and the smooth non-drying formula. Make sure to line and fill in you lips before applying lipstick. A lot of people don’t think it’s necessary to use liner if you’re using a liquid formula but I still do to define my lipstick clearly.
“WONDERLAND” and “714” 24/7 Glide-On lip pencil, both by Urban Decay. The 24/7 glide-on lip pencils is my absolute favorite lip liner formula. It goes on smoothly and doesn’t dry out your lips.
Here are other red lipsticks that I like using. Some are deeper shades than the classic red:
1. “RED HAUTE” Color Design matte by Lancome- A very beautiful matte cool-toned red.
2. “UNICORN BLOOD” Velour Liquid Lipstick by Jeffree Star Cosmetics- This was the first lipstick I ever purchased and I love this color. It’s a dusty dark rusty matte lipstick that is very deep and sultry.
3. “STRANGE LOVE” Liquid Lip Color by SugarPill- Sugarpill is one of my favorite makeup brands and I was very excited to try this color. I first got it with the limited edition Feline Fancy makeup collection bundle but they now sell this lipstick separately. This deep red is metallic with a little extra sparkle. Simply beautiful.
4. “FRANK N FURTER” Rocky Horror Picture Show Edition (matte) by MAC. I believe you can still by this shade online. I posted on article on here a long time ago when I got the Rocky Horror lipstick collection so click on the tag here to read it if you hadn’t before. This matte color is a beautiful deeper shade of a cool shade of red and is especially good if you don’t feel comfortable wearing a bright classic red but still want to rock a red lippy.
ENJOY THESE SEXY LIPSTICKS AND REMEMBER TO ALWAYS HAVE FUN!!!
My first psychobilly look was fun to do because it was a new look for me with the greens and blues.
This second look is more of my favorite psychobilly look which I’ve worn for a few years now so I definitely wanted to show this look. I used a few different makeup products but I mostly used my same makeup products for my original psychobilly still looks the same. Enjoy this makeup look and of course if you have any questions about this look or certain products, definitely ask me in the comment section. I love sharing my tips and tricks!
Enjoy these photos:
I’m not listing the foundation, concealer, or powder because I wanted to focus on the eye shadow, eyeliner, brows, and lipstick makeups:
Eye Makeup: Under the brow bone, I used my “Tako” which is my pinup staple white from SUGARPILL! In the inner corner of my eyes, I used this sexy matte bright butter color, “French Kiss,” by Colourpop. For my lid color, I used “STAR POWER,” from the Beauty Killer Palette from Jeffree Star Cosmetics. In the crease I used “POISON PLUM,” from SUGARPILL.
For Eyeliner I used two eyeliners, first one is by Clinique, “PRETTY EASY LIQUID LINER” IN BLACK. I layered it with “SCHWING,” BY the Balm. My Mascara was “SOAP AND GLORY, THICK AND FAST FLASH EXTENSIONS EFFECT MASCARA.”
For my Brows I used “Anastasia dip brow in “CHOCOLATE.”
LIPSTICKS: For lipliner, I used URBAN DECAY lipliner in “FRENEMY.” I USED JEFFREE STAR’S LIQUID LIPSTICK IN “DIVA.” I ALSO USED MY SEPHORA HOT PINK LIP GLOSS just in the center of my lips.
This look was really fun to create and even though it isn’t the classic vintage makeup look, it still has mostly vintage elements to it. Enjoy and below are all the products I used.
Primer: Bobbi Brown Vitamin EnrichedFace Base
Foundation: Maybelline Fit Me, Matte/Poreless in 112 Natural Ivory
Concealer: Tarte Shape Tape in “Fair”
Setting Powder: Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
Eye Shadows: “Tako” by Sugarpill and quad palette, “500 Addictive,” by Revlon Colorstay
Eyeliner: “Schwing,” by The Balm.
Mascara: Loreal Voluminous Butterfly in “Black/Noir 867.”
Brows: Dipbrow Pomade in “Chocolate,” by Anastasia of Beverly Hills.
Highlighter: Urban Decay Afterglow Palette in color “O.N.S”
Blush: Stila Convertible Color Compact in, “Lillium.”
Lipsticks: Jeffrey Star Cosmetics, velour liquid lip in, “Deceased,” and “Delicious.”
Brushes: For inner corner of eyes and under brow bone, I used the Rose Gold mini MAC Cosmetics brush in “535SE”
For base shadow, I used Morphe “M433”
For crease, I used Lab, Put A Lid On It, Angled Brush.
For my Highlight Brush, I used my fabulous smaller red rose highlight brush from Story Book Cosmetics.
Setting Spray: Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist
Here is my monthly hits and misses video. Since we are in December and all the holidays are coming up, I also included some cute holiday gift sets that I got and that can be great gift ideas. As in every review video I do, if I don’t like something, that’s just my opinion and doesn’t mean that I dislike that particular brand in general.