Since we are in the holiday season, there are usually a lot of events and parties to attend, but sometimes you may not have a lot of time to get ready or you need to go straight to a party from work and won’t have time to redo your entire makeup. Here are some tips, tricks, and ideas to amp up your daily makeup to a more holiday look. All of these are super quick to do and will save you a lot of time. All the items I talk about are small and easy to throw in your purse with no hassle.
One quick tip: Besides makeup, it’s also a good idea to keep an extra outfit and handbag in your car so you can change on the go without having to stop at home. Also take a bag, even if it’s a ziplock bag that you can put your jewelry in it and put it in your purse so you can quickly take your work jewelry off and replace it with some sexy diamond and bling.
Feel free to use one of these ideas or all of them together. Whatever suits your fancy and will make you feel festive and fabulous!
1. Highlight: Even if you wear highlighter during the day, you can layer it to make it more blinding and beautiful. Use one that has more sparkle to it. You can also intensify you regular highlighter by wetting your brush with a makeup spray such as MAC Prime and Prep Fix or Studio Fix or and then apply it. The highlighter shown here is “Gator Wings,” from Tarte’s “Swamp Queen” palette.
2. Pigments: Shimmery and glittery pigments are perfect for a glamorous holiday look. There are tons of pigments out there, pressed and loose, and come in every color you can imagine. Just make sure you get pigments that are for the face instead of just going to the craft store to buy a jar of glitter. You obviously don’t want anything to irritate your skin. You can wear and play around with pigments. What I like to do is to take a detail brush, wet it, and apply it over your regular eyeshadow. I think it’s a cool look to also apply a tiny bit on top of your lipstick.
3. Metallic Eyeshadows: Metallic shadows, especially liquid metallic shadows are very popular and come in a huge variety of colors. You can get very creative with these. I find that the liquid helps you control your application better. You can use them as eyeliner, put a little in the inner corners of your eye to brighten and make them pop more, or cover your entire lid. However creative you are feeling you should do.
Another thing I like is roll on eyeshadows. Especially when they have a little shimmer. Like liquid shadows, I feel the roller helps you control where you want to place your shadow. You can even use them as a highlighter.
For metallic eyeshadows, I love Stila’s Magnificent Metals. I love rose gold so of course, my favorite metallic shade is “Rose Gold Retro.” I also like the roll on eye shadows by NYX, especially in the “Nude” color.
4. Waterline: This is the easiest tip to do. Applying eyeliner to your waterline instantly changes your day look into a smoldering sexy look. For this, I like “Waterline 24/7” by Urban Decay.
5. Lip Toppers: These are pretty to wear on top of your lipstick or even just by itself. It’s a two second way to glam up your makeup. Just apply a little to just the center of your lips to give them dimension. I love the lip toppers by Jouer cosmetics. The colors are lovely and smell delicious like vanilla. My favorite is again the rose gold.
These are again just ideas.
I hope you enjoyed these ideas and that everyone has a very happy holiday!