Ok you all know that I LOVE MUSIC, especially Rock and Roll and collect concert tees, vintage concert tees from my favorite bands, and even new modern music tees that you can just buy in regular stores. If you’ve been following my site here for a while, you might remember a DIY post I wrote a few years ago titled, “Getting Creative with Concert T-Shirts,” where I show you had to transform your concert tees into different rent looks by cutting them, tying them, taking extra large shirts and turning them into dresses, and more. Here’s the link below in case you haven’t seen it.
In this summer inspired look, I took one of my music shirts and instead of pairing it with a pair of jeans or shorts, I dressed it up a bit to show that you can dress up and casual top, especially if it’s a rock and roll/music top. Here I show my favorite Beatles top and paired it with a classic blazer since the weather is starting to finally get a little cooler, slowly but I’ll take it. I paired my cool “The Beatles” top, which is my all time favorite band by the way, with my silver silk pants. I love these pants because you can wear them long or pull them up a little bit so they have a more Capri silhouette In these photos I pulled them up to show of my gold spiked ankle boots with my seven inch gold heels. I love these and who says you can’t pair gold and silver together? I topped my look with my black sequined scarf around my neck that my husband bought me on our very first vacation we took together to New York after dating a year.
Hope you enjoy my eighth summer inspired look. Only two more to go. Thank you everyone and have a great day.
1. THE BEATLES: This one of my favorite bands of all time and still are amazing and popular after all these years and no one can wear a suit and mop-top hair as well and sharp as the FAB 4!! I love wearing well-made suits like them.
2. SOCIAL DISTORTION: Another band that still rocks today. I’ve seen them several times in concert and they’re style is amazing. When I’m in a Social D, rockabilly mood, I pull my hair into a pompadour ponytail, throw on a white wife-beater or my social distortion girl tank with tight capris and slap on some red lipstick. This is a hot look on girls, and if your bra shows thru your white tank, who cares? Rock it!
3. LANA DEL REY: I am in love with Lana. Besides her amazing voice, her style is fabulous. She can wear a vintage dress or a Budweiser t-shirt and look equally hot. I love watching her music videos to get fashion or look ideas. She mixes her different looks perfectly.
4. JOAN JETT: Of course I’m going to list Joan Jett. Ever since she was a kid in the “Runaways,” she has always had bad-ass style. From her signature jet black mullet to her black leather jacket and leather pants, Joan’s fashion is timeless, just like her music. I enjoy channeling my inner Joan when I rock my leather jacket, leather pants with my blue black hair.
5. ROB ZOMBIE: I’m absolutely in love with both Rob and Sherri Moon Zombie and both of their styles rock too. They often mix hippie chic clothing with their horror gear which I love. For example, Rob will wear a 60’s style long sleeve shirt on stage with a pair of jean bell bottoms with horror patches, like Bela Lugosi. Sherri mixes her looks too and I love her “Total Skull,” clothing line. I own some of her shirts and the designs she created are awesome. I love love love this horror couple!