Ok so we all know that I love using Thayer’s Witch Hazel Toner from the local shop and that Soap & Glory Cosmetics is one of my favorite brands in general and definitely my top favorite drugstore skin care brand but this year I’ve developed three new brands that I discovered this year that I’m madly in love with.
1. E.l.f Cosmetics: I’ve really fallen in love with E.l.f this year and their Hydration is absolutely wonderful and is perfect for not just traveling but for anytime the weather is cold or your face is feeling a little dry. My favorite is the illuminating eye cream and is actually a great dupe for Origins Ginzing eye brightening cream that I love. Their putty primer is also absolutely amazing.
2. Wet n’ Wild Rebel Rose Skincare: Oh my gawd, if you haven’t already watched them, I did a review of the ENTIRE Wet n’ Wild Rebel Collection. Here are the two parts of the collection because there was so much to go to. Make sure to check out my two part Rebel Rose series up on my youtube channel. (Showing off the skincare is in part one.)
Besides the whole concept of this collection, I was so excited to be one of the first people to try their Rebel Rose skincare which is the first time Wet n’ Wild had come out with skincare. I absolutely love it. There isn’t one piece from that skincare collection that I was disappointed with and the products work great. I definitely recommend it.
3. Pacifica Beauty: I know I’ve mentioned them in past videos and reviews but I had to mention them again. I love the Pacifica skincare and like that it uses mostly natural ingredients. I just bought their cherry matte setting spray and I am really enjoying it. Here it is below:
All their products I’ve tried have been wonderful such as the serums, face mists, face wash, lotions, etc., but my all time favorite skincare product by them is the Pacifica Gem Water Crystal Infused Micellar Water. I’ve definitely mentioned that product before and I have to again but it works so well. Of course I automatically love it because of the crystals in it but it works extremely well in getting rid of stubborn makeup, including chunky glitters, and is a nice toner to cleanse the skin.
Here are my top favorite drugstore brands that I’ve been using for a long time. It wasn’t easy choosing just five so I had to have a think about it for a but but I I’m happy what I chose. I wanted to do this list to show that you can find and purchase fabulous makeup without blowing all your moola. You can find all these brands mainly at Target, Ulta, and Walgreens.
1. Soap and Glory: I know it’s like duh, why would I now have this on my list? But it’s true, I love love love this brand. I love their primer, skin moisturizers and I wear my sleep accelerator every night. I even got my mom into using their mousse moisturizer. They also make one of my all time favorite mascaras and it’s nice to have a brand you like that make both cosmetics and skin care that you enjoy. I pretty much like everything by them.
2. Pacifica: I discovered this brand a few months ago while browsing through Ulta and I’m so glad I did. Their Micellar Crystal Water is my favorite item by them and I use it every night and save the little crystals from the bottle when I finish it. Their products work so well and are gentle on the skin. I enjoy their daily moisturizer and their rose water spray as well. I definitely recommend checking all their cruelty free products.
3. E.L.F: Ok first off I’m embarrassed because my little cousins, Shiri and Rose had to tell me what E.L.F stood for. Haha, true story. BY THE WAY, WHEN THEY COME OUT TO VISIT ME OR WHEN I VISIT THEM NEXT THE TWO OF THEM ARE DOING A FUN BEAUTY VIDEO/S!!! I hadn’t used to much of their products in the past but I’m loving that brand more and more now. My latest thing that I’m obsessed with is the Elf Jelly Pop Kit! It’s perfect for a sweltering hot summer or when you don’t want to do a full face of makeup. I also love their purple primer, and setting spray.
4. Wet n Wild: Ok I have said this many times but this brand has really stepped up their game since I was about 13. The last unboxing video I did was the Wet n’ Wild, Rebel Rose collection which was the first collection of their’s that came out with skin care. The unboxing was so HUGE I had to do that video review in two parts. If you haven’t watched the videos, definitely check it out. I also did an unboxing video of their Zodiac collection. I’ll post all the links to the articles and videos and the dates that they were posted here below and you can also see the videos in previous articles I posted here reviewing both collections. Besides those collections, their photo focus foundation and setting spray are both fabulous and are perfect for anyone who is on a beauty budget.
Unboxing and Show & Tell of the GOTHIC BEAUTY, “Rebel Rose” from Wet n Wild
5. Revlon: Revlon makes one of the best neutral eye shadow quads for classic vintage pinup eye makeup looks. I showed it off in one of my early 3 part classic vintage makeup tutorials and it’s a great color palette for every day use as well. My favorite is REVLON COLORSTAY in 500 addictive.
I was so excited for the ENTIRE LIMITED EDITION “REBEL ROSE COLLECTION” from Wet n Wild. Big shoutout to them for this. This collection is so gorgeous especially since it’s all about roses which you all know, I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE ROSES! Last week I shot two videos for my youtube channel about this collection because there was so much to unbox, look at, and discuss, and I didn’t want to make an hour long youtube video. Instead I did it in two parts which I will post both below.
Let me know what you think of my videos please and if you have questions about any of the products mentioned in these videos. This is the very first collection from Wet n Wild that has SKINCARE!!!!!!!!!! It’s so awesome. Go check out the videos here and make sure to subscribe to my youtube channel if you haven’t already and leave your likes, and comments! Thank you so much everyone. You all are so supportive of me with the articles and videos I do.
As promised here is my first makeup look from the Zodiac Earth Collection. I took photos throughout the day to show the process of me applying my makeup, showing different shots and sides of my look. Also with different locations and lighting. I used everything in the picture above except the teal sparkle. And the Earth glitter lip gloss I used today is the shade, Capricorn.
Later during the day I tried the Capricorn gloss as a lip topper of my matte lipstick, “Clink” by Sugarpill Cosmetics, which you can see in the second photo above and it worked well and gave a new dimension to my lips.
This look stayed on with my setting spray lasted all day. I definitely liked the look I created and look forward to playing with different makeup looks. I definitely recommend this bundle and collection and I think all the other zodiac element sign bundles look beautiful as well.
Stay tuned for me wearing a full look from this collection but I was so excited to get this from Wet n’ Wild that I wanted to do a SHOW & TELL video and post this right away. I’m a Taurus which is an Earth sign so I wanted the exclusive Zodiac Earth Collection. This collection includes six Earth eyeshadows in one compact, the Earth mega-glo highlighter bar, and three Earth sign lip glosses.
I’m definitely not a shimmery eye-shadow girl by any means but when I swatched these colors, they were so stunning with one swipe. I thought these shadows would be perfect for summer when I don’t feel like doing a full face of makeup or if it’s too hot for a heavy matte look, for a special occasion, anything. I’ll say it again, when I swatched the colors with one swipe, they all came out stunning.
I’ve heard so many good things about this brand’s highlighters but the only one that I’ve tried and loved was the Goth-O-Graphic skull highlighter so I’m very excited to try the earth highlighter bar. The color looks beautiful and also perfect for summer. I also love the Zodiac Sign imprinted stamps on this bar. So very cute!
The last three pieces of the Wet n’ Wild Zodiac Earth Collection are the three earth sign lip glosses, Taurus, Capricorn, and Virgo. I tried swatching them but because these are lip glosses they didn’t show up well on my hand. But on the lips, they are beautiful. These will be perfect on days that I’m not wearing a lot of makeup or if it’s too hot for matte lipstick, if is even possible, or even as lip toppers of matte lipstick.
The last thing that I wanted to show is from the main ZODIAC COLLECTION and it’s the loose highlighting powder. I’ve never tried loose highlighter before so I’m very curious to try this out.
I can’t wait to try out all these products. I think I will make some beautiful retro glam and summer looks with this collection. Below is my show and tell video from my youtube channel so make sure to check it out to see the makeup up close and subscribe to my youtube channel if you haven’t already. And also stay tuned to see me with a full makeup look only using products from this collection.
I love doing beauty tags and I hadn’t done one in a long long time. My girl Sarah Mushenheim aka “LifewithLil’Red” who I met the first day I started my site here, have been good friends from the start. You’ve definitely seen us do several articles and posts of the two of us including getting nominated for blog awards, and doing style swaps with each other. She has done many beauty tags that I love. When I saw that she did a “7 DEADLY SINS OF BEAUTY” tag, I absolutely gagged and knew that this particular challenge was definitely up my alley.
1. GREED: What is your most inexpensive beauty item? What is your most expensive?
My most inexpensive product is actually a three way tie between my Wet n Wild Photo Focus Natural Finish Setting Spray, Wet and Wild, Goth-O-Graphic Megaglow Highlighting Powder, and Wet n Wild Spring MegaLast Catsuit Liquid Eyeshadow in “Goth Tears” and my most expensive item is my La Mer Setting Powder.
2. WRATH: What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with?
Wet and Wild Photo focus foundation. When it looks good, it looks REALLY good but when it’s not working for me that, I get frustrated and wiping it off and the reapplyig another foundation can be time consuming.
3. GLUTTONY: What are your most delicious beauty products?
My Jouer Long-Wear lip topper in “Rose Gold”, and my Sol de Janeiro Brazilian BUM BUM cream. Both those products smell like cake batter.
4. SLOTH: What beauty product do you neglect, due to laziness?
Contouring. I only contour during some photoshoots and performances, I never do it in my everyday makeup routine.
5. PRIDE: What beauty product gives you the most self confidence?
Probably my liquid eyeliner.
6. LUST: What attributes do you find most attractive in the opposite sex?
Well when I first met my husband I was instantly drawn to his eyes and his smile. saw him for a second when he introduced himself to me and I knew he was the one I would marry him and he’d be the love of my life.
As far as makeup products that I lust for all my sexy red lipsticks in my collection!
7. ENVY: What items would you most like to receive as a gift?
La Mer foundation, And also the ENTIRE Bomber Betty and The Balm Cosmetics collections.
Hope you enjoy my answers and this tag. If you’re into makeup and/or just love it, go to this beauty tag and have fun. I really enjoyed doing it. Talk to you all soon! 😉
Disclaimer: I do not own the image above at the top of this post.
Here’s my latest video for this post of my LATEST FAVORITES that I had been wanting to share, film, and talk about for awhile now. Enjoy this video and if you haven’t already, make sure to subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL. I listed the products that I talk about in my video below here also.
1. BLOOD SUGAR PALETTE by Jeffree Star Cosmetics
2. GOTH-O-GRAPHIC by Wet N Wild
3. PRETTY EASY LIQUID EYE LINING PEN by Clinique (Thank you for this recommendation Kandee Johnson.)
4. RE(MARC)ABLE FOUNDATION by Marc Jacobs
5. “YES PLEASE” CUTE AF eyesshadow palette by Colourpop
6. MORPHE MAKEUP BRUSHES
7. SECRET BRIGHTENING POWDER (Perfect for brightening under your eyes) by Laura Mercier.
8. REAL TECHNIQUES MIRACLE COMPLEXION SPONGE
Here’s my quick 60’s mod makeup look and hair do that I did today while running errands getting last minute stuff for my Dublin trip. Here’s my video tutorial on how I did my makeup and my sexy bouffant. I said this in the video but I wanted to say it here too that the makeup I used and talk about is just for inspiration. What I mean by that is that you don’t have to use the exact same brand of eyeshadow or foundation, etc. to achieve the same look.
I did include the colors, brands, and products I used below in case you were curious.
Enjoy the video and if you want me to do a tutorial for my hair do here or if you have any ideas for makeup or hair looks that you want me to show and do a tutorial on, please feel free to leave your suggestions in the comments below or under my video on my youtube channel.
Also please subscribe to my youtube channel if you haven’t already and always follow me on my site here if you haven’t already for updates.
Foundation: I mixed my Giorgio Armani Luminous foundation with my Wet and Wild Photo Focus foundation
Eyeshadow: In the corners and under the brow bone, Sugarpill in “Tako.” In the center, I mixed “Matt Singh” and “Matt Lombardi,” from The Balm palette, “Meet Matt(e) Nude. In the crease, I used the teal turquoise color, “Boom,” from the Jean-Michel Basquiat “Tenant,” palette from Urban Decay.
I used Sephora lashes.
Highlighter: Jeffree Star Cosmetics Skin Frost in “Princess Cut.”
Blush: “Bumpy Ride” from NARS.
Lipstick: The Balm, Meet Matt(e) Hughes liquid lipstick in “Committed.”
You all saw my very spooky and awesome post titled, “Pretty Ghouls,” where my girl Sandy made me a dark Princess Lily ring from the movie, “Legend,” and she put a fabulous idea in my head to do an interpretation of the makeup she wore when the character “Darkness,” aka Tim Curry changes her from the innocent princess Lily to the dark goth-like princess. Here are some photos of me channeling the darkness of Lily. This makeup was a lot of fun to do. I also included a makeup tutorial of how I created this look with all the products I used. Enjoy and thank you again Sandy!
PRODUCTS I USED:
Foundation: Wet n Wild, photo focus foundation in Porcelain, fair/pale.
Powder: Makeup Forever ultra hd micro finishing pressed powder.
Eyes: KatVonD MetalMatte eyeshadow palette, “Jet”.
LimeCrime, “Venus 2” palette, “Boot”.
KatVonD MetalMatte eyeshadow palette, “Synergy” and “Flash”.
NYX roll on shimmer in “Nude”.
Eyebrows: Anastasia dipbrow in “Chocolate”.
Mascara: L’Oréal voluminous butterfly in Black/Noir.
Beauty Mark: The Balm in Schwing
Lipstick: LimeCrime in “Black Velvet”.