Here are some new TIPS and TRICKS for SKIN CARE. Some of these may sound logical and some of these may be new tips that maybe you haven’t thought about before. I hope these help for you. Enjoy!
1. If you have oily skin, apply your favorite moisturizer to ONLY the super dry areas! There’s no need to slather your moisturizer all over, UNLESS your WHOLE face is super dry.
2. I think I’ve said this before in past blog posts but definitely use a PURIFICATION MASK once a week.
3. I believe I mentioned this briefly in a blog vid long time ago but after washing your face at night, use a toner to get rid of any gunk, impurities, or any excess makeup that your face wash didn’t catch.
4. Buy blotting sheets, there aren’t usually super expensive and I’m found the cheapest ones and one of the best ones are in CVS. If your skin tends to be oily throughout the day or your makeup is starting to sweat off you, blotting sheets are your best friends instead of caking on more powder which can clog pores causing breakouts and can be unhygienic.
5. I’ve talked about this in the past and might do a demo on this, but you must clean you beauty blenders at least once a week. Same goes for brushes otherwise you are going to cause more bacteria into your skin which is gross.
6. If you use a primer that can double as a moisturizer, you don’t need to add extra moisturizer before apply your primer.
7. If you get your eyebrows waxed or threaded, exfoliate your brow area the night before because if you exfoliate after you get your brows coiffed and then exfoliate, you can a lot of redness and a possible infection.
8. Last but now least, here’s a quick way to remove your makeup in the evening or if you are rushing to an event and need to do a another makeup look, use gentle makeup wipes, like the burt’s bees cucumber remover wipes, which are my favorite, and use a gently toner to either get rid of any excess dirt or to rehydrate your face. If you want to keep your eye makeup on, just gently rehydrate a few inches away from my eyes and make sure they are closed and fan them with your hands or a pretty fan so it dries before opening your peepers!
My ritual is to cleanse my face with my soy cleanser and then use a cotton pad, or the other way around, to gently remove eye makeup, tone my face, and redo my makeup cause you all know I love my makeup and doing different looks.
But if you don’t have time for that, for instance, if you are going from work to a dinner, the makeup removing wipes are your best bet.