Tips for Starting a Blog and/or a Youtube Channel
Hello to all my friends. I know the majority of you know that besides this and my art site, I have a youtube channel. I’ve posted many of my youtube videos here. Because I have a place to film and a place to blog and write my articles, I thought I would post some tips that are very helpful if you’re thinking of creating your own blog and channel. Hope these help you start your own fantastic media sites.
TIPS FOR STARTING A BLOG:
1. Before even beginning setting up your page, think carefully about the your idea and the things that you wan’t to talk about. When I started Bombshell, I knew I wanted it to not just be about Pinup but also music, and horror films, etc., which is why I included all those things in my bombshell description on my main title page.
2. Decide what blog company site you want to use. I personally really like WordPress but there are other great blog domain sites that are out that, some that I’ve used in the past.
3. Think long and hard before choosing a domain name. Make sure it fits with your blog and website theme. Also search different sites before you settle on the price of your domain name and how long you have it before you renew it. Different sites very.
My other blog site: http://www.carliemichellesoratartworld.com
TIPS FOR STARTING A YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
1. Think of a good channel name that represents yourself and what you plan on making videos about. It can be simple like mine, Carlie Michelle.
2. Don’t start a youtube channel just for money. It took me a long time to get a lot of subscribers and I only have 7,000 which may sound a lot, and it is, but not compared to channels like beauty gurus who have over a million subscribers. (This helpful tip can relate to your blog and website.) I make videos because I really enjoy making them. I love talking about important topics, have rants sometimes, do beauty videos, tutorials, etc. It’s really fun and I get satisfaction knowing that some people enjoy my content and it inspires certain people, such as my younger cousins.
3. I recommend doing a or a few demo videos to check the lighting of your camera, even if it’s your Iphone camera. There are different size circle lights that you can get many places including online that aren’t always expensive. Those can help get your preferred lighting. Below this, I’m going to post an early youtube video I shot with not the best lighting because I hadn’t the right equipment yet and needed to learn my best lighting technique. Then I’ll post a more recent, clearer video with better lighting so you can see the different. Click this tip for one of my video links: https://youtu.be/KMc2_260RF4
Earlier video of mine with dark lighting where you could barely see me. Showing these both so you can tell the difference. My youtube channel is Carlie Michelle.
*** THE MOST IMPORTANT THING ABOUT CREATING A BLOG AND WEBSITE AND A YOUTUBE CHANNEL IS TO HAVE FUN WITH IT AND TO ALWAYS BE CONFIDENT IN YOURSELF NO MATTER WHAT!!!!! I HOPE THESE TIPS HELP YOU IF YOU ARE WANTING TO START EITHER OF THESE PLATFORMS AND FEEL FREE TO ALWAYS ASK ME QUESTIONS. LOTS OF LOVE! XOXO CARLIE
Unboxing and Show & Tell of the GOTHIC BEAUTY, “Rebel Rose” from Wet n Wild
I was so excited for the ENTIRE LIMITED EDITION “REBEL ROSE COLLECTION” from Wet n Wild. Big shoutout to them for this. This collection is so gorgeous especially since it’s all about roses which you all know, I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE ROSES! Last week I shot two videos for my youtube channel about this collection because there was so much to unbox, look at, and discuss, and I didn’t want to make an hour long youtube video. Instead I did it in two parts which I will post both below.
Let me know what you think of my videos please and if you have questions about any of the products mentioned in these videos. This is the very first collection from Wet n Wild that has SKINCARE!!!!!!!!!! It’s so awesome. Go check out the videos here and make sure to subscribe to my youtube channel if you haven’t already and leave your likes, and comments! Thank you so much everyone. You all are so supportive of me with the articles and videos I do.
BULLYING ON YOUTUBE
MY ADVICE ON HOW TO DEAL WITH YOUTUBE “TROLLS”, BULLYING, AND MORE! VERY IMPORTANT VIDEO SO CHECK IT OUT AND SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
April Ulta Haul
CHECK OUT MY LATEST VIDEO AND MAKE SURE TO LEAVE YOUR LIKES, YOUR COMMENTS, AND SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL PLEASE! LOTS OF LOVE. XOXO
Instead of doing my first Sunday Morning Coffee Chat, which I was planning on doing, I decided to share Aurelio Voltaire, who you should know by now on here. Not only is he an incredible singer, he also does a lot of DIY gothic and spooky home projects. Click his name here in his tag and you’ll see.
I wanted to post and share this song because the song is so beautiful. It is definitely in the rock and goth genre but the way he sings it reminds me a lot of the groups, The Cure, Echo and the Bunnymen, and other 80’s groups. It also reminds me of the Airbourne Toxic Project. This is one of my favorite songs by Voltaire and definitely listen to it and check out his YouTube channel.
Anxiety and Panic Attacks, Part 2
Hope you enjoy my part two video post on how to deal with anxiety and panic attacks. If you have any suggestions, comments, or questions, please feel free to post them in my comment section here or on my youtube channel!
My Response to Margo Indigo’s Latest Youtube Vid
Good Morning everyone! I did and uploaded this video yesterday about one of my friends Margo Indigo. Make sure to check out her youtube channel. I’ve done past videos about her and I really connect with her and I’m so happy I’m friends with her online. Hopefully will will get to meet each other in person soon. We just live in two different states. hehe. She is such an amazing girl and we have a lot in common which you’ll see in both her and my videos.
I did and edited this video yesterday before uploading in response to Margo’s latest vid on “THE END OF THE KUCKIAN EFFECT, PART 2.” I uploaded a car vlog response vid last week and the moment I posted it, the “Kuckian cult” started leaving funny threats on my comments telling me to watch my back which I laughed at as well as my husband and talking about Margo and how she’s going to use her child, etc. That’s why they are a cult. They are brainwashed and are young and don’t know what they heck they’re talking about. That Kuckian cult is a joke!
And Margo knows I’ll have her back always! Here’s her latest vid that I did my response and opinions on and underneath is my response!
Hope you enjoy and make sure to subscribe to my youtube channel as well as Margo’s channel. Margo is amazing and I love you girl!!!!!
Breakfast at Tiffany’s Unboxing
Yesterday I had a beautiful day. One of the reasons why is that I had an amazing time at Tiffany and Co. I got some of my jewelry cleaned and got some new and stunning surprises and ended up doing an unboxing video when I got home.
Not only did I talk about what I unboxed, I talked about my love for the movie, “Breakfast Tiffany’s,” which is my favorite and Audrey Hepburn who is my favorite actress of all time. Hence why I did my “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” shoot last year, which is one of the funnest shoots I’ve ever done. Hope you enjoy this video!
Music by Aurelio Voltaire
You might remember my post on my favorite spooky, gothic, Halloween loving channels,
My Favorite Halloween/Gothic/Spooky Channels and Spooky Shows
where I talked about the youtube channel, “The Lair of Voltaire.” I didn’t mention that he is a long term musician with a new album coming out. I just listened to some of his music and I really like it. He has a huge extensive musical and performance background. It sounds like a mix of the 80’s original goth movement mixed with modern rock. I love what I’ve heard and you should definitely check out his vid for his new album where you can pre-order it.